I Told You So - Or Not ???

Last year shortly before this time we were going the Exhaustive search for a head coach . One of the EX HC's that really wanted to go to work for the Bills & even said as much was interviewed but in the end it had seemed that Marrone had the job before the interviews even started .

This year that same coach after taking a year off for what ever the reason got hired . His name is Lovie Smith .

I was wondering that if Lovie comes out & just sets that team on fire & they take the division by storm how many fans will go into the "I Told You SO" mode & if it would be warranted ?

I as many thought Marrone was a homer hire but since then i have softened a bit . I still can't see how you can pass on a guy with his experience & winning percentage . It makes about as much sense as the Bills firing Wade Phillips after bringing the team to the play offs :blink: .

I guess there are some things we will never understand !

If Marrone continues on the path that he has & EJ takes a jump this year & takes us to the play offs i will soften even more but if the team flounders under his watch i think it will definitely be a "I told you so" Moment ...

Edited by T master

No matter WHAT happens - there will be someone to say "I told you so". Take it to the bank

(as to your second question - people's opinions are more often unwarranted than warranted :nana: )

Edited by WotAGuy

Honestly, I didn't want him or Chip Kelly........I still think I was right. We will see.

In reality though, I didn't know who Doug Marone was either but I like the front office for a change. The boat is still out on DM.

Edited by bowery4

If Marrone continues on the path that he has & EJ takes a jump this year & takes us to the play offs i will soften even more but if the team flounders under his watch i think it will definitely be a "I told you so" Moment ...

thanks?

Honestly, I had forgotten that Lovie was even a candidate for the Bills' HC gig. So no "I told you so" coming from me.

I as many thought Marrone was a homer hire but since then i have softened a bit . I still can't see how you can pass on a guy with his experience & winning percentage.

Marrone was a crony hire by Brandon. They are Syracuse buddies. He was WAY over his head last year but having Pettine truly did help. This year is make or break for Marrone and your guess is as good as mine.