Non Relocation Agreement

I read Santa's naughty list last night. Don't worry guys, we're all getting presents.

I don't mean to sound like a Richard, but I feel like you need to provide us with some context.

Edited by sodbuster

It's public record. Wasn't hard to find. "The Bills shall not sell, assign or otherwise transfer the team to any person who to the Bills knowledge, has an intention to relocate, transfer or otherwise move the team during the non relocation period to a location other than the stadium". So they can't be sold to a Toronto group who intends to move them. End of story. Any such deal would be cause for an injunction and the NFL knows this which is why it will be a local ownership group.

It would be very difficult to "prove" a potential buyer intended to move the Bills--- however, it might make it very unlikely the Bon Jovi or Rogers groups would be seriously considered because their intent in the public eye is already perceived as wishing to bring the Bills to Toronto.

http://www2.erie.gov/exec/sites/www2.erie.gov.exec/files/uploads/Buffalo%20Bills%20Non-Relocation%20Agreement.pdf

According to the agreement (among other provisions) the Bills shall not: ... (iii) sell, assign or otherwise transfer the Team to any Person who, to the Bills’ knowledge, has an intention to relocate, transfer or otherwise move the Team during the Non- Relocation Term to a location other than the Stadium; (iv) (A) entertain any offer or proposal to relocate the Team to a location other than the Stadium, etc.

It's public record. Wasn't hard to find. "The Bills shall not sell, assign or otherwise transfer the team to any person who to the Bills knowledge, has an intention to relocate, transfer or otherwise move the team during the non relocation period to a location other than the stadium". So they can't be sold to a Toronto group who intends to move them. End of story. Any such deal would be cause for an injunction and the NFL knows this which is why it will be a local ownership group.

I took a stab and googled the quotes Razor listed about and came up with this document on the erie.gov website. Its unsigned and I don't know the veracity of the document, but it looks like it checks out what he's saying. Thanks for posting this Razor, but if this is actually a legitimate document, why wouldn't the polticiians publish this to take credit?

http://www2.erie.gov...n Agreement.pdf

(b) Subject to the provisions of Section 2(b), during the Non-Relocation Term, without the prior written consent of the County and the ECSC, which consent shall be within the sole and absolute discretion of each of the County and the ECSC, the Bills shall not: (i) apply to the NFL for,or otherwise seek, approval to allow the Team to play any Games during the Non-Relocation Term anywhere other than the stadium; (ii) relocate, transfer or otherwise move the Team (or attempt to relocate, transfer or otherwise move the Team except as permitted by clause (iv) of this paragraph) to a location other than the Stadium; (iii) sell, assign or otherwise transfer the Team to any Person who, to the Bills’ knowledge, has an intention to relocate, transfer or otherwise move the Team during the Non-Relocation Term to a location other than the Stadium; (iv) (A) entertain any offer or proposal to relocate the Team to a location other than the Stadium, (B) solicit an offer or proposal from any Person to enter into discussions regarding moving the Team to a location other than the Stadium, © enter into negotiations or agreements with third parties concerning the relocation of the Team to a location other than the Stadium, or (D) otherwise attempt to cause the playing of Games at a location other than the Stadium except in the case of clause (A), (B), © and/or (D) above, (x) during the pendency of an arbitration proceeding in which the Bills are seeking to terminate the Stadium Lease in accordance with its terms or (y) to the extent that the relocation or other action described in such clause would first take effect after the Non-Relocation Term; (v) (A) complete a transfer, assignment or surrender of the Franchise that results in the Team playing any of its Games outside of the Stadium in violation of Section 2(a), or (B) complete a transfer, assignment or surrender of the Franchise that results in the Team not playing any Games; or (vi) enter into any contract or agreement to sell, assign or otherwise transfer the Team to any Person who, to the Bills’ knowledge, intends to relocate, transfer or otherwise move the Team during the Non-Relocation Term to a location other than the Stadium.

EDIT: Sorry punch, it looks like you beat me to the "punch" on finding the agreement

Edited by TheLynchTrain

I'm from Buffalo but now live in South Carolina. Lifelong Bills fan and now I'm in the legal field. Just trying the post some encouraging info.

Where and how did you find this document? If you work in the legal field, you'll surely know that an unsigned document is not an executed document. Perhaps you saw the signed version? I know this is on the Erie Country website, but I hesitate to believe its real because (A) its not signed and executed, (B) why the heck wouldn't the politicians publish this to take credit for their "success" and (c ) Poloncarz made a huge show in the Buffalo News that the agreement was the size of a bible, somehow equating the size of the agreement as to how stern it was. The one on the Erie Country website is only 20 pages

Edited by TheLynchTrain

The lease is a huge document but the non relocation is a totally separate document and is only 20 pages.

Have you seen the lease? And regarding the non-relocation document that's 20 pages, have you seen a signed version? Again, how did you find this in the first place?

Edited by TheLynchTrain

The version you are looking at is the real version. It's rock solid and was written with the intent on making sure no one swooped in and moved the team. Mark Ganis, probably the foremost expert in this area said as much.

I read the document last night. It is rock solid. The team cannot be sold to someone who has intentions on moving it. That is actually written into the agreement on page 6, section 3b.

You're Billy Buffalo aren't you? The man behind the mask. The man responsible for this playoff drought. I finally found you Billy.