Who believes in Manuel?

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obviously.....

If Im not mistaken that drill is used to get him to open up his stance

Notice his head, shoulders, and arms during the entire drill. Eyes straight down field, arm ready to be cocked, no wasted movement. The drill is designed to train his ability to slide around in the pocket, looking for a clear lane, WITHOUT taking his eyes off his targets, and then being ready to set quickly and rip it.

GO BILLS!!!

Well worth reading, especially vis a vis the Bills' commitment to Manuel:

http://mmqb.si.com/2...terback-advice/

Sorry, I didn't read past "Mike Holmgren." Good coach, cashed checks from the Browns with a ski mask on as someone in charge of personnel decisions.

So i should take that to mean that Jamies Winston will suck in the NFL?

I believe he said it means nothing. Could go either way. Not that it is an indirect correlation.

It was a joke.

Same.

I had a feeling...my comment was intended to be taken tongue-in-cheek

Notice his head, shoulders, and arms during the entire drill. Eyes straight down field, arm ready to be cocked, no wasted movement. The drill is designed to train his ability to slide around in the pocket, looking for a clear lane, WITHOUT taking his eyes off his targets, and then being ready to set quickly and rip it.

GO BILLS!!!

What I like about the clip is that he appears to not only keep his upper body locked in place (you know, the "coiled viper" principle that QB coaches teach), but also manages to stay loose with his upper body so that he can properly transfer his energy into motion (the "strike").

Let's hope this is the onset of a welcomed improvement in mechanics.

Well worth reading, especially vis a vis the Bills' commitment to Manuel:

http://mmqb.si.com/2...terback-advice/

Very good article and spot on with my perception of the situation. You might not know what you have after 1 or 2 years, but you will know after 3. Same reason I don't think there's a chance that this is the make or break year for EJ. I hope it's a "make" year none the less.

Who is the master of the coiled viper ? Is it Russell Wilson? Brees and Romo have a solid coiled viper technique in them.

Aaron Rodgers has a black belt.

Yes.

Brees came to mind first. I have seen this from Luck too.

Also yes.

Luck and Rogers

Luck's coiled viper is so awesome, I've seen him 3/4's tackled, and still can deliver an accurate strike. Damn Colts.

I was at the Colts-GB game in 2012 where the Colts came from behind to win. He is one of the more exciting QBs to watch because he isn't always the most perfect stats wise but man, he can make the play when it counts. He is a gamer. He makes plays that while they're happening you are cringing like -nooooo don't do that - and then... TD. lol.

The interesting part of that?

I have no idea why I remember this but EJ was in that exact same stance (in the opposite direction in the game) where he set up like that and delivered a STRIKE down the middle of the field .....it was a perfect throw

Seems like the 2 to Chandler & Woods were in the same direction, I remember those. Remember what game?

It's a fine line between optimism, and denial.

Therefore, it must also be a fine line between pessimism, and denial.

I know a certain person, who declared himself for Marty Biron years ago, and, after Ryan Miller was named the starter, clearly proved he was better, won the damn vezina, and even today, even after Miller's very real value, even as a rental, was displayed in no uncertain terms via the trade....

....still insists that Ryan Miller is a horrible goalie. Would you call that denial, or "being realistic", or pessimism? I would call it something else, but the filter here would render my use of composite swear words utterly pointless.

Also, I reject the premise of this thread. Asking me if I believe in something, when I can easily get the data that confirms/disconfirms it, and thus know, it instead, is silly.

Especially when all that is required to get that data is having some patience, and waiting for the games to be played. Why do I need to believe in EJ? He's going to get himself together, or he isn't. Nobody in the world knows that, yet. When we know, we will know.

This is like asking me how I feel about something, rather than what I think about it. The latter is useful, the former is a waste.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Thanks for the link...I have to think that Marrone is following that idea of standing behind your QB, for better or worse. That said, it wouldn't be a bad idea to nab a backup plan in rounds 4-6.

Why ? Honest question. Next year Bills might have to make the first pick a QB. Might have to trade up even.

We have a project in Tuel and Thad (imo) still .

This year i suggest we fill every potential gap upcoming in the next two years with depth. Excepting QB. Thats beter use of a very low percentage pick at QB to succeed Manuel. and that who the next QB should be. If you get my drift.

I would rather use fourth and later for a RB or a DT OG .

My Mom used to put two buck on the same horse to win place and show. That still makes me smile. She would bet bithdates even

But for me , i take the whole six bucks and go for the win . Not insurance .

She broke even usually . Surprisingly !

I hope you get my point Bandit27.

Dont draft any more maybes. Do or die for Manuel and next year decide. ifhe gets a NAY vote next year from Marrone. Go all in for QB in 2015

You do?

Collins

Losman

Edwards

As Holmgren mentioned...picks like those are coach killers.

They are. its true. Just like Mike mentioned . But the lack of time to develop players to the NFL speed etc is just not fair anymore .

It was a joke.

Same.

in that case your humor is obllque as mine is opaque.

By the way Starry messenger good post.

I think he can develop good mechanics , because , i think he has the wherewithal to accomplish just that.

Loved the link to the drill pic !!

FireChan is a funny f'er sometimes i have been noticing :devil:

Edited by 3rdand12

You do?

Collins

Losman

Edwards

As Holmgren mentioned...picks like those are coach killers.

Feel free to toss Ponder, Gabbert, Locker on the pile too.

Why ? Honest question. Next year Bills might have to make the first pick a QB. Might have to trade up even.

We have a project in Tuel and Thad (imo) still .

This year i suggest we fill every potential gap upcoming in the next two years with depth. Excepting QB. Thats beter use of a very low percentage pick at QB to succeed Manuel. and that who the next QB should be. If you get my drift.

I would rather use fourth and later for a RB or a DT OG .

My Mom used to put two buck on the same horse to win place and show. That still makes me smile. She would bet bithdates even

But for me , i take the whole six bucks and go for the win . Not insurance .

She broke even usually . Surprisingly !

I hope you get my point Bandit27.

Dont draft any more maybes. Do or die for Manuel and next year decide. ifhe gets a NAY vote next year from Marrone. Go all in for QB in 2015

They are. its true. Just like Mike mentioned . But the lack of time to develop players to the NFL speed etc is just not fair anymore .

in that case your humor is obllque as mine is opaque.

By the way Starry messenger good post.

I think he can develop good mechanics , because , i think he has the wherewithal to accomplish just that.

Loved the link to the drill pic !!

FireChan is a funny f'er sometimes i have been noticing :devil:

It's a gift.

Feel free to toss Ponder, Gabbert, Locker on the pile too.

It's a gift.

Truly , it is FC

: )

I enjoy your posts

Therefore, it must also be a fine line between pessimism, and denial.

I know a certain person, who declared himself for Marty Biron years ago, and, after Ryan Miller was named the starter, clearly proved he was better, won the damn vezina, and even today, even after Miller's very real value, even as a rental, was displayed in no uncertain terms via the trade....

....still insists that Ryan Miller is a horrible goalie. Would you call that denial, or "being realistic", or pessimism? I would call it something else, but the filter here would render my use of composite swear words utterly pointless.

Also, I reject the premise of this thread. Asking me if I believe in something, when I can easily get the data that confirms/disconfirms it, and thus know, it instead, is silly.

Especially when all that is required to get that data is having some patience, and waiting for the games to be played. Why do I need to believe in EJ? He's going to get himself together, or he isn't. Nobody in the world knows that, yet. When we know, we will know.

This is like asking me how I feel about something, rather than what I think about it. The latter is useful, the former is a waste.

Not religous then ?