Mike Vick..all hype...no results

I don't think anybody, even the people who are hyping Vick up, believer he is a great QBm in the traditional sense. It is just that he is such a fantastic athlete, his possibilities are pretty limitless. He definitely has a ways to go though, as a passer. Not too bad though, going 13-3 (or whatever their record was) taking your team to the conference championship, with a chance to win, late in the third quarter, having zero talent, and being the worst QB in the leauge next to Bledsoe, according to all of you. Jeezus, you guys better hope that the Bills never lose a game with Losman, and that he ends up with a 158.1 QB rating. You'll all be pretty crushed...tough crowd!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anybody, even the people who are hyping Vick up, believer he is a great QBm in the traditional sense.  It is just that he is such a fantastic athlete, his possibilities are pretty limitless.  He definitely has a ways to go though, as a passer.  Not too bad though, going 13-3 (or whatever their record was) taking your team to the conference championship, with a chance to win, late in the third quarter, having zero talent, and being the worst QB in the leauge next to Bledsoe, according to all of you.  Jeezus, you guys better hope that the Bills never lose a game with Losman, and that he ends up with a 158.1 QB rating.  You'll all be pretty crushed...tough crowd!

215415[/snapback]

It's also his first year in the West Coast offense (though it's not REALLY the West Coast offense), and they have a rookie head coach. Atlanta is a good, up-and-coming team. They just are not a Super Bowl caliber team yet. On the other hand, Philly is.

Maybe if some of you would take your Midol and quit being so sensitive to what you perceive to be the slightest criticism of Bledsoe, you could actually understand what I was saying. The point is that when a QB becomes one dimensional (with Bledsoe it's locking onto Moulds.......with Vick, it's focusing on running) they typically are ineffective. That's it........

215410[/snapback]

I was done with Bledsoe after the NE game (1st one). I am not sensitive to criticism of DB. You just do not seem to get my point.

When every topic on this forum turns into roasting or defending Bledsoe the FORUM becomes one dimensional.

Pretty lame when you have to defend your posts with Midol shots.

Yup! I am 51 and therefore I am stoopid!

I was done with Bledsoe after the NE game (1st one). I am not sensitive to criticism of DB. You just do not seem to get my point.

When every topic on this forum turns into roasting or defending Bledsoe the FORUM becomes one dimensional.

Pretty lame when you have to defend your posts with Midol shots.

Yup! I am 51 and therefore I am stoopid!

215423[/snapback]

It had NOTHING TO DO WITH ROASTING BLEDSOE!!! You are making it INTO that with a whiney post to begin with! Again, the point I was making is this: A QB becomes ineffective when he allows himself to become one dimensional. Bledsoe and Vick are the examples I used because they are the two QBs I am most familiar with. If I had a better idea of what Peyton Manning's, or Steve McNair's, or whoever elses weaknesses were I'd use them as an example instead. But Drew is the guy I know......and I see Vick every week. Ya got it??

It had NOTHING TO DO WITH ROASTING BLEDSOE!!!  You are making it INTO that with a whiney post to begin with!  Again, the point I was making is this: A QB becomes ineffective when he allows himself to become one dimensional. Bledsoe and Vick are the examples I used because they are the two QBs I am most familiar with.  If I had a better idea of what Peyton Manning's, or Steve McNair's, or whoever elses weaknesses were I'd use them as an example instead. But Drew is the guy I know......and I see Vick every week. Ya got it??

215427[/snapback]

OK I got it.

My only point is that I am sick of every thread turning into a Bledsoe forum. All I said, in apparently a whiney little voice:

why, why, why....

Does almost every "conversation" have to mention Bledsoe?

I am kind of like !@#$ing baffled.

You got that? I am done now. OK?

I am just sick of Bledose

OK I got it.

My only point is that I am sick of every thread turning into a Bledsoe forum. All I said, in apparently a whiney little voice:

You got that? I am done now. OK?

I am just sick of Bledose

215441[/snapback]

I'm sick of Bledsoe, too.......believe me.

So Vick sucks because he doesn't have pocket presence, and Manning sucks because he didn't win the playoff game last week.  So...everyone sucks.  I'll try to follow along better next time.

215522[/snapback]

Tom Brady does not suck, unfortunately.

PTR

Maybe if some of you would take your Midol and quit being so sensitive to what you perceive to be the slightest criticism of Bledsoe, you could actually understand what I was saying.

215410[/snapback]

Well, I took your advice. I took Midol (that was hard), and I quit being so sensitive to the slightest criticism of Bledsoe(that was easier than easy). But I still don't get how the obsession has festered into every thread, sorry. Must be viral. I hope it's not air-borne.

So Vick sucks because he doesn't have pocket presence, and Manning sucks because he didn't win the playoff game last week.  So...everyone sucks.  I'll try to follow along better next time.

215522[/snapback]

Seems like this must be the truth. :D

I don't understand how a QB like Vick can take so much heat. The guy has advanced his team one round further in both of his two years in the playoffs. The guy has led his team to a 25-12-1 record as a starter in the regular season and playoffs.

The guy is an excellent YOUNG QB. They are one player away, a clutch WR. Look for Burress to be going to the ATL in the offseason.

Well, I took your advice.  I took Midol (that was hard), and I quit being so sensitive to the slightest criticism of Bledsoe(that was easier than easy). But I still don't get how the obsession has festered into every thread, sorry.  Must be viral.  I hope it's not air-borne.

216448[/snapback]

Wow, really? What's in that stuff, anyway? A little acetaminophen?

Uh oh.......here comes DC Tom, LA Billz, and the rest of the anti-Bledsoe police

215411[/snapback]

Although I dont agree with it, that was a GREAT one liner!!!!!! :lol::D

I am picturing them suiting up with their uniforms and badges.

Does DC Tom know yet that he has been "deputized?" It wont bother him. Like myself, he has been called worse on tsw. :lol:

Although I dont agree with it, that was a GREAT one liner!!!!!!  :lol:  :D

I am picturing them suiting up with their uniforms and badges. 

Does DC Tom know yet that he has been "deputized?" It wont bother him. Like myself, he has been called worse on tsw.  :lol:

216697[/snapback]

Thanks ;) And don't worry, we've already established that we typically disagree with each others opinions lol.......makes the world go 'round, bro ;)

Thanks :lol:  And don't worry, we've already established that we typically disagree with each others opinions lol.......makes the world go 'round, bro  ;)

216708[/snapback]

My pleasure, and I agree.

Hey, there are people who wish I would drive into a tree because I dont think that the raiders would give up Gallery for Travis Henry! :lol:

(and yes, that trade was proposed on this board) :D

I couldnt disagree more. The Atlanta Falcons had their offensive strength negated yesterday- they could not effectively run the ball.

Michael Vick is a different type of QB, much the way Steve Young was- and people resisted that change too. Vick is going to be the type of QB who will eventually fake to a couple running backs, then take off, opening lanes for himself. Then when a DB comes up, he can unload the ball.

Vick only had 2 years of college ball, and a couple years in the pro's, minus last year's injury. It takes time to develop- even if people are way too impatient.

The game is changing, and nobody is going to stop it.