New Buffalo Bills Fan Rap anthem (2014)

ldmgrand

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many paths to the top of the mountain Bills fans, and lots of different ways to root for the home team. I like the song, lots of energy, brings Bills fan anthems into the 21st Century, but not enough to make it our official song.

That being said I do wish we had a new theme song for home games. Feels like a new era for the Bills: coach/front office feels different and more competent; new QB that we are hanging our hopes on; and soon to be new ownership. The last thing to shed is the 14 year playoff drought.

Hope springs eternal from the hearts of Bill's fans, only to be damned by the cautious pessimism of the mind.

Thanks for checking it out! I appreciate the feedback.

You kids and your Tweeter and your Slash Tags get off my lawn!!!!! Stop changing the way the world is!

angryoldman.gif

This is the best!!! Lmao

I kinda like it. Needs more lyric to go with the background but I kinda like it. Maybe make it a little less "ghettoey". The deep dark voice makes it sounds angry.

Thanks for checking it out. I kind of represent a "ghettoey" demographic- inner city Buffalo NY.

Thanks for checking it out. I kind of represent a "ghettoey" demographic- inner city Buffalo NY.

The only thing you represent is someone that did not take the proper time to learn music theory, a musical instrument or any musical modification software. This anthem is shameful, and as someone that's spent a lot of time improving and working in music, I find it insulting that you could make this and try and promote it on this website and be snarky with feedback.

Art is subjective and you are absolutely free to be creative and create art at your will. You should enjoy doing it as well. Those liberties do not extend to posting your music in a thread and responding to negative posts with attitude.

just saying. It sounds like hardcore rap. Which is fine but yiur going to limit your audience with it IMO. If you just changed it a little to be less hardcore, it would help IMO.

Theres a difference between being "cocky" and being supportive. The song in a nutshell basically says: We're a fan base that will support our team in any weather ( literally and metaphorically). Whats cocky about that? RIP Ralph Wilson and Prayers for JK- whats cocky about that? The closest thing on the song to Cocky is when I said that our offense and Defense would be grade A. What fan doesn't want that? We all want that whether if we like the terms "Bills Mafia" or not.

Oh…in that case….I hate the song. Then again, I hate Shout too.

The only thing you represent is someone that did not take the proper time to learn music theory, a musical instrument or any musical modification software. This anthem is shameful, and as someone that's spent a lot of time improving and working in music, I find it insulting that you could make this and try and promote it on this website and be snarky with feedback.

Art is subjective and you are absolutely free to be creative and create art at your will. You should enjoy doing it as well. Those liberties do not extend to posting your music in a thread and responding to negative posts with attitude.

this song doesn't use notes it a sample of a crowd chanting over a bass drum with a beatbox. Why do you keep tossing around "music theory" as if it makes you smarter. What laws of music theory were broken on this hip hop Bills song? You are entitled to your opinion but I CHOSE not to use instruments in the production because they weren't needed. Chances are i probably know more chords,scales, DAWs, etc. Than you so, just say you dont like it. Music Theorist.

just saying. It sounds like hardcore rap. Which is fine but yiur going to limit your audience with it IMO. If you just changed it a little to be less hardcore, it would help IMO.

I respect your opinion and understand were you're coming from. Thank you.

Theres a difference between being "cocky" and being supportive. The song in a nutshell basically says: We're a fan base that will support our team in any weather ( literally and metaphorically). Whats cocky about that? RIP Ralph Wilson and Prayers for JK- whats cocky about that? The closest thing on the song to Cocky is when I said that our offense and Defense would be grade A. What fan doesn't want that? We all want that whether if we like the terms "Bills Mafia" or not.

I was talking about the "Bills Mafia" in general, not the song.

I respect your creativity and your time to put this together.

I personally hope "Shout" is the Bills' anthem for as long as the team is called the Buffalo Bills.

Parts of it are pretty good. Pick a different sample maybe you would have something.

Get Rick Rubin or Kanye west on the phone.

You can't use Rick Rubin (one of the best producers of all time) and Kanye West (one of the biggest scumbag ass holes of all time) in the same sentence!!!

Contradict yourself much? :wacko:

I know more music theory than most here and have played 6 instruments - although I am down to 2 these days. Why that's relevant, or why you went after him that way is beyond me.

Old blues dudes like Robert Johnson didn't know crap about music theory, he only knew what sounded good to his ear. And pretty much all rock and pop music is a riff on what he did. Knowing theory can be helpful - moreso in composing than sampling - but it's certainly not a prerequisite for making music.

That said, I like LDM's enthusiasm and passion. I like that he raps about not caring about snow or rain, and I like he says the O and D will be "Grade A." I'm not a huge fan of the genre, but hearing his anthems have almost become an annual tradition and I appreciate that he puts them together and shares them with us. Who knows, maybe one day he'll hit upon a modern version of "We're Going To Win That Cup" or "Super Bowl Shuffle" and make mad bank. And even if he doesn't, if putting together these anthems is how he gets his Bills love on, why are you busting his balls?

Live and let live bro. After all, art is subjective, remember? .

I respect your creativity and your time to put this together.

I personally hope "Shout" is the Bills' anthem for as long as the team is called the Buffalo Bills

me too. Shout is a part of my childhood. This is more of an additional anthem for fans that rep Bills Mafia. Thanks for the feedback.

Contradict yourself much? :wacko:

I know more music theory than most here and have played 6 instruments - although I am down to 2 these days. Why that's relevant, or why you went after him that way is beyond me.

Old blues dudes like Robert Johnson didn't know crap about music theory, he only knew what sounded good to his ear. And pretty much all rock and pop music is a riff on what he did. Knowing theory can be helpful - moreso in composing than sampling - but it's certainly not a prerequisite for making music.

That said, I like LDM's enthusiasm and passion. I like that he raps about not caring about snow or rain, and I like he says the O and D will be "Grade A." I'm not a huge fan of the genre, but hearing his anthems have almost become an annual tradition and I appreciate that he puts them together and shares them with us. Who knows, maybe one day he'll hit upon a modern version of "We're Going To Win That Cup" or "Super Bowl Shuffle" and make mad bank. And even if he doesn't, if putting together these anthems is how he gets his Bills love on, why are you busting his balls?

Live and let live bro. After all, art is subjective, remember? .

I really appreciate this post! Thanks for the support.

Good anthem for #billsmafia. Unfortunately, the whole DC Redskins politically correct business will likely keep the team from officially embracing the whole "mafia" thing. I was surprised to see schumer tweeted it.