Karma?

Beerball

Count me in the camp of "What the !@#$ is that woman doing videoing traffic if she's concerned about 'safety?' "

i can tell all the time now when i am behind someone and they are texting/looking at their phone/radio/gps. I am pretty sure stats are now showing way more accidents caused by distracted driving than drunken driving. If this lady was shown to be slugging from a 5th of Jack, pretty sure people would be all kinds of upset.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i can tell all the time now when i am behind someone and they are texting/looking at their phone/radio/gps. I am pretty sure stats are now showing way more accidents caused by distracted driving than drunken driving. If this lady was shown to be slugging from a 5th of Jack, pretty sure people would be all kinds of upset.

Exactly. A) this woman's in the wrong for driving like an idiot (slow in the passing lane) and B) she's even MORE in the wrong for attempting to film the whole thing on her cellphone while driving.

I'm pretty sure that most states have laws that would preclude people from doing something like this. Here's to hoping the cops find this woman and pay her a visit.

I think it's clear they both did some wrongdoing.

Let's discuss who is more of an a-hole.

I'm going with the redneck.

Guess which way I'm going LOL

But your wrong in your guess...I say beerball for stopping after pulling out

Exactly. A) this woman's in the wrong for driving like an idiot (slow in the passing lane) and B) she's even MORE in the wrong for attempting to film the whole thing on her cellphone while driving.

I'm pretty sure that most states have laws that would preclude people from doing something like this. Here's to hoping the cops find this woman and pay her a visit.

unfortunately, not Florida

Edited by plenzmd1

she should be charged with reckless endangerment and causing an accident

she should be charged with reckless endangerment and causing an accident

This. There's nothing i despise more than slow driving in the passing lane. On I-78 in New Jersey, you see this all the time. Even though the signs say "left lane for passing ONLY" you invariably get some schmuck who's perfectly content to putter along at 55, thereby causing people driving faster to weave into the center lane to get around him/her.

Possible scenario:

Woman was behind big rig in middle lane.

Woman got in left lane to pass big rig.

Big rig sped up so woman could not safely pass.

Redneck in big pickup obnoxiously tailgates woman.

Woman is now trapped with big rig to right and angry redneck behind.

Did she belong in the left lane? Obviously not.

Could the redneck have possibly achieved anything by tailgating her? Nope.

Should the redneck have just passed on the right - which is what most people do when slow drivers are in the left lane? Yup.

Did the redneck get what he deserved? You bet your ass he did.

you are defending her a lot .......... is she related to you? ;) Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

She didn't cause an accident!!!

That's like saying Nicole Brown Simpson caused O.J. to kill her by making him angry.

Her video taping had absolutely no bearing on the outcome. His reckless, aggressive driving had everything to do with the outcome.

I'm glad he didn't get hurt. But he got what was coming to him.

Her video taping had absolutely no bearing on the outcome.

How about this: let's say for the sake of argument that this ignoramus just -moved over- and let the guy by her instead of filming the whole episode. Don'tcha think the outcome would have been different?

How about this: let's say for the sake of argument that this ignoramus just -moved over- and let the guy by her instead of filming the whole episode. Don'tcha think the outcome would have been different?

There was traffic in the right lane and the guy on her tail.

Both did things wrong, but, I think it's safe to assume that she started filming only after the truck dude rolled up on her 2 or 3 times.

I didn't say she did?

Seems to be the linchpin of your entire dissertation. I can't say for sure since I stopped reading at that point.

Guess which way I'm going LOL

But your wrong in your guess...I say beerball for stopping after pulling out

But, I didn't say pull out or even imply that she did.

I had to reread my post twice because I was confused. I didn't say it. :wacko:

So speed up, pass the truck and let the guy behind go.

She was doing 50, and not on an interstate/freeway. How fast would you like her to go? Perhaps if the dude had backed off she would have slowed and pulled into the right lane but, he took that opportunity away from her.

There was traffic in the right lane and the guy on her tail.

Both did things wrong, but, I think it's safe to assume that she started filming only after the truck dude rolled up on her 2 or 3 times.

Seems to be the linchpin of your entire dissertation. I can't say for sure since I stopped reading at that point.

I've been in that situation, my big truck included. I do pull out my phone, too. I call NC Highway Patrol and report the drive for dangerous driving and move over and slow to any speed needed to let the aggressive driver pass.

Only once have I had things actually get seriously dangerous. I had pulled out in the passing lane to pass a large group of trucks in a 55mph zone. I accelerated to 60ish to get around them as a guy comes flying up in my bumper. He was probably doing 75, 80 and I just assumed he had a reason to do so which is why I went as quickly and safely as I could. The guy was seriously pissed. As soon as clear I went to pull around the lead semi and this baffoon gets right in front of me and starts brake checking me while I am between him and some semi's. I went back to the passing lane to not be pinned against other traffic and the guy actually brake checks me to a complete stop on the highway and when I tried to exit the highway he blocked me from doing so, slamming his brakes on so I could not merge to the exit ramp.

That was a scary situation. I'll never forget it. Black truck and "ALTHEAD" as his license plate.

I've been in that situation, my big truck included. I do pull out my phone, too. I call NC Highway Patrol and report the drive for dangerous driving and move over and slow to any speed needed to let the aggressive driver pass.

Only once have I had things actually get seriously dangerous. I had pulled out in the passing lane to pass a large group of trucks in a 55mph zone. I accelerated to 60ish to get around them as a guy comes flying up in my bumper. He was probably doing 75, 80 and I just assumed he had a reason to do so which is why I went as quickly and safely as I could. The guy was seriously pissed. As soon as clear I went to pull around the lead semi and this baffoon gets right in front of me and starts brake checking me while I am between him and some semi's. I went back to the passing lane to not be pinned against other traffic and the guy actually brake checks me to a complete stop on the highway and when I tried to exit the highway he blocked me from doing so, slamming his brakes on so I could not merge to the exit ramp.

That was a scary situation. I'll never forget it. Black truck and "ALTHEAD" as his license plate.

Gugny wants to know why you always pull out.

She was doing 50, and not on an interstate/freeway. How fast would you like her to go? Perhaps if the dude had backed off she would have slowed and pulled into the right lane but, he took that opportunity away from her.

Fast enough to pass the trucks safely.

So speed up, pass the truck and let the guy behind go.

I know it is not worth saying because she did jeopardize her own safety in this instance. But, why should someone speed up, violating safe conditions deemed proper by law and break the law to merge with traffic?

If anything is appropriate the argument should be made that she should have slowed down and merged behind the traffic.

Fast enough to pass the trucks safely.

That's what she was doing. You may not think it's fast enough and the guy behind her certainly didn't but "that speed" is different for everyone.

I think we can all agree that the speed the truck exhibited after passing her was above the safe speed?