I would like to see this team go reverse 'Major league'

Nice dream, but no way it will happen. The team has already said that they will be posturing themselves to make the team give the best return to Wilson's heirs. And they will do that by making purely business decisions that increase the amount of money the sale of the team will generate for the heirs.

Sadly being a good or winning team does not increase the sale value of the team. It is about dollars, not about love of the sport or how popular the team is when it comes to buying a business asset. The buyers are buying one of an artificially capped number of only 32 teams. And the location of the team, it's market size, its winning record, and even its players under contract are not a huge determining factor. It is the fact it is one of only 32 teams, and the buyer will do what they want with the team within reason after they have it. Whatever will make the new owner a greater profit. That is how business works.

The GM in Major League was also the father in Halloween and Dan the Weatherman in The Fog; one of the sort of John Carpenter players, if you will.

...just sayin'.

BTW, no I don't think we should do this. Sign our own guys, lock up great talent (Dareus, Glenn next year, etc.) long term and get decent talent at respectable prices in free agency.

Yes because we have seen that this actually works in the NFL.......

I sometimes think people dont pay attention to how teams actually win. No matter what we spend or trade away were not going anywhere without a QB. Stay the course we started forging last year and hope that EJ improves. Why do we have to do this all in two years, we have 6 more years in Buffalo at least. Plently of time to build a winner.

I sometimes think people dont pay attention to how teams actually win. No matter what we spend or trade away were not going anywhere without a QB. Stay the course we started forging last year and hope that EJ improves. Why do we have to do this all in two years, we have 6 more years in Buffalo at least. Plently of time to build a winner.

Not to mention, mortgaging the future to bring in a bunch of high priced vets is nearly always a recipe for disaster. Isn't that pretty much what Washington and Philly have been doing for the last ten years? What happens when the Bills tank and are in salary cap hell and facing a rebuild from Day 1 again? The asking price drops.

If you want to biuld a NFL Winner

- QB is key......the backup is also key.

- You must draft well in like at least 3 drafts strung together

- You must sign most of your own players

- You use free agency to sprinkle in talent in the wholes

- Your O and D lines need to be solid

- Your coaches must be quality and know what they are doing

The bills have started the process.......lets see what this year brings us

I say spend. Spend out the ass, do what you have to do, trade picks, run up the cap whatever and try over the next 2 seasons before the team is sold to try and win a championship.

Tell me how well this worked for the Redskins. They spent the better part of a decade essentially buying a team and just continued to lose. Only when they got a player in RG3 did they really start to turn the corner. It remains to be seen whether EJ will be the franchise or the next Akili Smith, but I would rather see this team build talent from youth and retain it than attempt to do what no team in the NFL has done since the salary cap era. I'll rate this idea a solid FAIL.

Tell me how well this worked for the Redskins. They spent the better part of a decade essentially buying a team and just continued to lose. Only when they got a player in RG3 did they really start to turn the corner. It remains to be seen whether EJ will be the franchise or the next Akili Smith, but I would rather see this team build talent from youth and retain it than attempt to do what no team in the NFL has done since the salary cap era. I'll rate this idea a solid FAIL.

The Redskins have turned the corner? That would be news to fans of the 3-13 Redskins. Otherwise, agree with your point. You cannot buy a championship in the NFL.