Free Agents Still On The Board

I've probably said it a million times on here but Strief would be my target & I don't think that Anthony Collins has yet signed in Tampa. I would want one of those 2 for sure.

There are some guys like Owen Daniels, Garrett Graham and Ed Dickson that could help the team as well.

Brandon Spikes is a nasty player.. we should work him out, if he's not too much for Marrone to handle.. lord knows Schwartz has dealt with worse than him in motown..

I'd take him in a minute, especially with Kiko on the team. I would also like to see some interest in Angerer if he passes the physical. He's been injured, but for maybe a little over vet minimum and an injury clause he'd be good depth with some possibly big upside.

I'd take him in a minute, especially with Kiko on the team. I would also like to see some interest in Angerer if he passes the physical. He's been injured, but for maybe a little over vet minimum and an injury clause he'd be good depth with some possibly big upside.

I'd love to see it. I doubt it happens due to his hate for Buffalo.

Why is he still available?

Who knows? There could be a lot of reasons, but some possibilities:

1. Spikes is great against he run but a liability in the pass game. He'll get good money based on his run game, but he may be waiting out the offers to get money reserved for a more well rounded player.

2. He left NE on not so great terms. There were lots of rumors that Belichick didn't like how he did things (trained in FL instead of going to voluntary workouts, etc...) and placed him on IR when he could have come back to play in the playoffs. Personality conflicts like that might scare some teams off.

3. While he's good, he's not a superstar so he won't get a bonanza contract. He's probably biding his time waiting to see all the offers before he makes a decision.

A positive for the Bills is that Pepper Johnson apparently really likes him, so we might have an in.

Who knows? There could be a lot of reasons, but some possibilities:

1. Spikes is great against he run but a liability in the pass game. He'll get good money based on his run game, but he may be waiting out the offers to get money reserved for a more well rounded player.

2. He left NE on not so great terms. There were lots of rumors that Belichick didn't like how he did things (trained in FL instead of going to voluntary workouts, etc...) and placed him on IR when he could have come back to play in the playoffs. Personality conflicts like that might scare some teams off.

3. While he's good, he's not a superstar so he won't get a bonanza contract. He's probably biding his time waiting to see all the offers before he makes a decision.

A positive for the Bills is that Pepper Johnson apparently really likes him, so we might have an in.

Just a guess, but if Pepper loved him that much I think he would have at least visited by now.

Just a guess, but if Pepper loved him that much I think he would have at least visited by now.

Or Pepper might not have much sway in the situation. Or Pepper likes him but Spikes really doesn't care and doesn't want to play for the Bills. Or...