Cookout help needed

Maury Ballstein

Cookout today...chicken breast/burgers/hot dogs/and the problem ground chicken.......whole family and 70 degree weather en route.

What should I do with the ground chicken spice wise? My lady made it once w cumin iirc and it was pretty decent.

Anyone have any great ground chicken grill tips ?

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Throw it on the grill just like burgers as an alternative for some of the healthy crowd.

It's not too bad. Marinate it the proper way w some Moooooooozarelll then your in buisness.

Marinate it? Why is it ground to begin with? :huh:

Sell it like that at most grocery stores as burger alternative

Sell it like that at most grocery stores as burger alternative

Yes, I'm familiar with the wonderful world of ground poultry. What I am having trouble with, you see, is why you would submerge it in a soupy, spicy marinade. Seems like it would just make a sloppy mess. Do you use a strainer to separate the meat-pulp from the marinade liquid?

What is this madness?

Edited by Johnny Hammersticks

Yes, I'm familiar with the wonderful world of ground poultry. What I am having trouble with, you see, is why you would submerge it in a soupy, spicy marinade. Seems like it would just make a sloppy mess. Do you use a strainer to separate the meat-pulp from the marinade liquid?

What is this madness?

You called it....might have went a little overboard w the marinade. 2 out the 5 burgers came out good others were a mess ended up tossing them in a cheese dip.

The folks that ate them said they were good....I nibbled on the scraps. Darin's recipe was pretty good.

I use ground turkey instead of hamburger in burritos, burgers and hamburger helper and turkey burgers on the grill.

Same here. Not so much by choice, but my wife doesn't really care for red meat. We make everything with ground turkey including burgers, meatloaf, and tacos. Now that I have become accustomed to this, I barely can tell the difference. I still do enjoy a nice juicy steak once a week though.