What song rocks u the hardest?

Just before Freddie Mercury died, Queen released a song that hung on the radio for a bit, but it was I thought one of their better songs: "Breakthrough." Download it some time and check it out.

213601[/snapback]

I actually remember that song - WCMF in Roch beat it to death for awhile

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was a pretty big fan of Queen, primarily because I thought their vocals were pretty phenomenal. Then one night playing poker at a friend'se house, he threw in a Queen concert DVD just as background filler, and after 30 minutes of watching Freddie Mercury prance around the stage in Daisy Duke shorts and his Village People moustache, I decided it was just better to listen to them on CD.

213614[/snapback]

Definitely better heard and not seen, but they are extremely underrated in the big picture

I've never been a big fan of the artist in general, but "Sick of Myself" by Matthew Sweet has always been one of my favorite "rockin'" songs.

As far as Sugar goes, how about "My Favorite Thing?"

Another good rocking Pixies song is "Crackity Jones." That song smoldered live.

The guilty pleasure entry is "Panama" by Van Halen. For some reason, that riff always gets in my head when I'm skiing.

How can you go to Soundgarden and not mention "Gun", "Nazi Driver", "Head Injury" or "Slaves & Bulldozers"??  :blink:

And on the same topic, how about "Into The Void", either Sab's original,  Soundgarden's cover, or Sepultura's cover?

Speaking of Sepultura, how about "The Hunt" or "Roots Bloody Roots"?

214005[/snapback]

Soundgarden's probably my favorite band, so I'm always stoked to see them discussed.

My favorite song of theirs, which of course never gets airplay, is Mind Riot.

And speaking of Sabbath, how about Supernaut? Just discovered this one recently...

Soundgarden's probably my favorite band, so I'm always stoked to see them discussed.

My favorite song of theirs, which of course never gets airplay, is Mind Riot.

And speaking of Sabbath, how about Supernaut?  Just discovered this one recently...

214347[/snapback]

Well, effin ayy dude. Mind Riot cranks. Supernaut is awesome.

But I'd rather hear Slaves & Bulldozers and Sabbath Bloody Sabbath. Oh Well. That's just me.

Upon further review, a few more contributions:

The Clash: "Jail Guitar Doors"

Wire: "Ex-Lion Tamer"

Have to second the Who titles. "I Can See For Miles" is definitely the most rocking song on their most underappreciated album ("The Who Sell Out"), IMHO, and just about all of "Who's Next" rocks.

"Blue Suede Shoes" by Elvis.

If it weren't for him you'd all be listening to Pat Boone and Bobby Vinton covers. :blink:

214560[/snapback]

If it were not for Robert Johnson, Bill Broonzy, Charlie Patton, Mamie Smith you would not be listening to Elvis :doh: