Rooting for #88 from prison

Shouldn't this be about richard sherman...he is the only one that ever made it from a bad place and came out as a Pro Bowler right....?

Props to E60 on this story, the odds were stacked well against him and he found a way to turn it in to a positive.

I still think hes who we were allegedly trying to trade up for in nix/gaileys first year. walking out of the first with spiller and thomas could have been big.

Not doubting you at all, just curious if you read that somewhere or heard it somewhere? Man that would've been awesome. Who knows how his career would've turned out over here. He's in a good place right now.

Not doubting you at all, just curious if you read that somewhere or heard it somewhere? Man that would've been awesome. Who knows how his career would've turned out over here. He's in a good place right now.

its been rumored through 3rd hand tweets, and sources but i think totally unconfirmed by the bills.... but several sources said that it wasnt tebow we were after when we were reported as calling teams to move up, it was thomas.

as gailey recruited and coached thomas at GaTech, it certainly seemed like a reasonable rumor.

Edited by NoSaint

its been rumored through 3rd hand tweets, and sources but i think totally unconfirmed by the bills.... but several sources said that it wasnt tebow we were after when we were reported as calling teams to move up, it was thomas.

as gailey recruited and coached thomas at GaTech, it certainly seemed like a reasonable rumor.

good info, thanks. yeah I totally forgot about the GaTech connection. :blush: Makes sense.

I still think hes who we were allegedly trying to trade up for in nix/gaileys first year. walking out of the first with spiller and thomas could have been big.

I keep hearing this but its not true.

The rumors of the Bills trying to trade up, mainly from Schefter on ESPN, where after Thomas was drafted, but before the Broncos 2nd, 1st round pick. The Broncos had two 1st rounders that year (Thomas and then Tim Tebow).

Some people think the Bills were trying to trade up for Tebow, which the Bills denied (my guess is ESPN was just pushing the better headline). Others said it was for Dan WIlliams, the NG from U Tennessee who went to Arizona one pick after the Broncos took Tebow. The Bills reached for Troup, a NG, a few pics later in the 2nd round.

Obviously it would have been impossible for the Bills to trade up for a player who was already drafted, ie, Thomas

Edited by peterpan

I keep hearing this but its not true.

The rumors of the Bills trying to trade up, mainly from Schefter on ESPN, where after Thomas was drafted, but before the Broncos 2nd, 1st round pick. The Broncos had two 1st rounders that year (Thomas and then Tim Tebow).

Some people think the Bills were trying to trade up for Tebow, which the Bills denied (my guess is ESPN was just pushing the better headline). Others said it was for Dan WIlliams, the NG from U Tennessee who went to Arizona one pick after the Broncos took Tebow. The Bills reached for Troup, a NG, a few pics later in the 2nd round.

Obviously it would have been impossible for the Bills to trade up for a player who was already drafted, ie, Thomas

honestly, i couldnt tell you the logistics of it 100% firm or the exact verbiage of schefters report, but even if the timeline you described is 100% accurate...

the two broncos picks were only separated by 2 picks in between, leaving at most a 20 minute window (10 mins per pick) for what you are describing. you dont think its possible schefter got word that the bills started contacting teams about a trade BEFORE the thomas selection was made, and simply reported it right after (given they were covering other picks, had commercials, etc....)?

im not saying that they factually were trying for thomas, and it may have been any number of players - just not sure how aggressively to go on the timeline you presented either.

Edited by NoSaint

I hope they were trying to get Thomas. I've been a fan of his for a while, incredible athlete seems like a down to earth guy. Didn't know about all of his background until I saw this on TV. Crazy that his mother and grandmother were basically running a drug ring! Glad he got out of that life.