My lunch hour with The Pixies

The Poojer

they did a few off the EP1&2 plus an unreleased song, 'silver snail' plus they did some nice older stuff, wave of mutilation, here comes your man, monkey gone to heaven, but keep in mind this was a mini show, 35-40 minutes, but damn was it a good show, sad not to see kim deal up there, but the new girl was a nice addition although she only played violin today, no bass...frank black only had a beat up acoustic guitar so it was a very stripped down show, in fact the drummer had a snare and a tamorine on the floor where the foot pedal should be, in fact he didn't even have a drum stool, he sat on a storage case

did they play new stuff, or the "hits"?

left my desk at 10.45, was back at 1.15 in plenty of time for my 2.00 meeting :D

No work today poojer

here's the setlist and a nice review of the show, plus some pics from a pro

Monkey Gone to Heaven

In Heaven / Andro Queen

Silver Snail

Greens and Blues

Indie Cindy

Nimrod’s Son

Caribou

Here Comes Your Man

http://thekey.xpn.org/2014/01/24/the-sold-out-free-at-noon-from-pixies-brings-a-warm-mix-of-old-and-new-to-world-cafe-live/

not too familiar with her outside of her short stint, but i did hear that they did a show in LA and Kim S was really getting into the music and the show and she jumped off stage and into the crowd to play among the fans, i heard the manager had to go to her afterwards and was told 'the pixies don't do that'.

it really was a good show. Paz seems to be a great addition to the band but all she did was play violin, no bass in sight, but it really was a nice touch. Black Francis gives us fat guys hope

Would have loved to see them with Kim Shattuck....she is one of my favorites. Either way, looks like a good show!

not too familiar with her outside of her short stint, but i did hear that they did a show in LA and Kim S was really getting into the music and the show and she jumped off stage and into the crowd to play among the fans, i heard the manager had to go to her afterwards and was told 'the pixies don't do that'.

it really was a good show. Paz seems to be a great addition to the band but all she did was play violin, no bass in sight, but it really was a nice touch. Black Francis gives us fat guys hope

Kim is front for the band the Muffs...great band. A buddy of mine plays with them...been a big fan since before he joined them...chick rockers, I love em! From what I hear, she was pretty shocked/depressed about getting booted... she didn't see it coming, and everyone was really nice to her the whole time. I guess she is the Chuck Driesbach of bass players! :lol:

Debating driving 3 hours to see them in New Haven. Already missed them at the Orpheum in Boston and the State in Portland, ME. Psychedelic Furs also touring. Playing the Sinclair in Cambridge, MA. Already sold out. :angry:

PTR

Kim is front for the band the Muffs...great band. A buddy of mine plays with them...been a big fan since before he joined them...chick rockers, I love em! From what I hear, she was pretty shocked/depressed about getting booted... she didn't see it coming, and everyone was really nice to her the whole time. I guess she is the Chuck Driesbach of bass players! :lol:

Hey did you ever get my PM asking you about Attic Ted?

Debating driving 3 hours to see them in New Haven. Already missed them at the Orpheum in Boston and the State in Portland, ME. Psychedelic Furs also touring. Playing the Sinclair in Cambridge, MA. Already sold out. :angry:

PTR

Hey did you ever get my PM asking you about Attic Ted?

Saw the Furs not long ago...they still put on a great show...\

Check your PM...

Edited by Buftex