[OT] Workplace theft

HopsGuy

I wouldn't normally post something like this, but I just can't keep it to myself. The following email was sent by a girl in our customer services department to every employee on the floor (about 60).

Enjoy:

Re: Missing Container left in Fridge

Yesterday morning, I placed a plastic container that had a red lid in the fridge. The container had some milk in it.

Yesterday afternoon, I went back to the kitchen for some coffee.

I went to the fridge and opened it. Low in behold, my container with milk was not there!

I thought, no big deal maybe someone moved it.

I searched the door. I searched each shelf and even the crispers (just in case)

I thought, well maybe I put it in the other fridge.

Needless to say, I searched the other fridge and still, no container!

I went home and thought maybe I didn’t check thoroughly. I thought; if someone decided to use the milk, it won’t be long before they return the container.

I come back today and checked both refrigerators thoroughly. You all can guess the rest. No Container!

I am bringing this to your attention because it is not the first time it has happened to me. This is the second time in 2 months!!

After speaking to several other employees, I hear their stories of missing yogurts, salads, sandwiches, food once in there containers and then placed back empty!

It’s not about the container or the milk I had in it. It’s about the PRINCIPAL!

It’s a violation of ones personal property!

To think, it is being done by your own co-workers is down right inconsiderate and disrespectful.

So for those who don’t know.. We have a food bandit among us!

Whoever took my little square container with the red lid, can put it back in the fridge.

I am not concerned with finding out who it is. My concern is that this does not continue to happen and you show some respect and not take something that does not belong to you.

If you are that hungry then by yourself a snack or ask someone if you can have there snack but don’t take what does not belong to you.

I am addressing this because it needs to stop.

If you find this e-mail amusing, feel free to forward it to your friends. This is not a joke.

----------------------------------------------

And the follow up:

My mistake, it’s the PRINCIPLE not the PRINCIPAL.

Maybe we need a Principal since it feels like we are in school getting are lunches stolen.

-----------------------------------------------

Also of note: We use MS Outlook, so she has a blue sky & cloud background on all of her emails.

My boss is pleading for restraint from us. He's sure he'll end up in HR later today because one of us will make a snippy reply.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

And the follow up:

Maybe we need a Principal since it feels like we are in school getting are lunches stolen.

Also of note:  We use MS Outlook, so she has a blue sky & cloud background on all of her emails. 

My boss is pleading for restraint from us.  He's sure he'll end up in HR later today because one of us will make a snippy reply.

212358[/snapback]

:devil:

The followup is great though. "we are in school getting are lunches stolen." :lol:

If you're going to post a two sentence followup, make sure everything in it is correct :lol:

CW

:devil:

The followup is great though.  "we are in school getting are lunches stolen." :lol:

If you're going to post a two sentance followup, make sure everything in it is correct :lol:

CW

212366[/snapback]

Like the spelling of the word sentence? :lol:

One guy sent a funny email to a few of us with the subject "I found the culprit!". The email contained a picture of the Hamburglar.

Another guy forwarded that to her, and she replied to him that she thought it was funny. So at least she has a sense of humor about it. I feel her frustration. We have a bunch of savages working here.

On the trade desk we have a guy that is crazy. I'm not kidding, he's certifiable. Not crazy in a Jim Carrey zany way, but more of a Rainman-type way. I should start a blog about his strange behavior, but my narratives wouldn't stand up to the standard that Johnny Coli has established.

I had to start marking my name on a flippin carton of coffee creamer that I brought in because I found the president and vp of engineering using it. When I asked them if it was theirs they replied that they just assumed that because it was in the fridge it belonged to everyone. If the shoe was on the other foot I'm sure that I would have caught hell. I don't blame here for being upset, but she should have checked the email before sending it.

I had a lunch taken out of the fridge at a previous job. I ended up going around to various people on the manufacturing floor begging for change so I could get something from the vending machine to eat.

If it's happened to you, you'd realize it's not funny.

I wouldn't normally post something like this, but I just can't keep it to myself.  The following email was sent by a girl in our customer services department to every employee on the floor (about 60).

Enjoy:

Re: Missing Container left in Fridge

Yesterday morning, I placed a plastic container that had a red lid in the fridge. The container had some milk in it.

Yesterday afternoon, I went back to the kitchen for some coffee.

I went to the fridge and opened it. Low in behold, my container with milk was not there!

I thought, no big deal maybe someone moved it.

I searched the door. I searched each shelf and even the crispers (just in case)

I thought, well maybe I put it in the other fridge.

Needless to say, I searched the other fridge and still, no container!

I went home and thought maybe I didn’t check thoroughly. I thought; if someone decided to use the milk, it won’t be long before they return the container.

I come back today and checked both refrigerators thoroughly. You all can guess the rest. No Container!

I am bringing this to your attention because it is not the first time it has happened to me.  This is the second time in 2 months!!

After speaking to several other employees, I hear their stories of missing yogurts, salads, sandwiches, food once in there containers and then placed back empty!

It’s not about the container or the milk I had in it. It’s about the PRINCIPAL!

It’s a violation of ones personal property!

To think, it is being done by your own co-workers is down right inconsiderate and disrespectful.

So for those who don’t know.. We have a food bandit among us!

Whoever took my little square container with the red lid, can put it back in the fridge.

I am not concerned with finding out who it is. My concern is that this does not continue to happen and you show some respect and not take something that does not belong to you.

If you are that hungry then by yourself a snack or ask someone if you can have there snack but don’t take what does not belong to you.

I am addressing this because it needs to stop.

If you find this e-mail amusing, feel free to forward it to your friends. This is not a joke.

And the follow up:

Also of note:  We use MS Outlook, so she has a blue sky & cloud background on all of her emails. 

My boss is pleading for restraint from us.  He's sure he'll end up in HR later today because one of us will make a snippy reply.

212358[/snapback]

I was actually waiting for the end of the email that was about to state that the milk that was taken wasnt your ordinary milk but see she had to pump at work and store her breast milk in the container. :devil::lol::lol::lol: