Bills Interested In Alex Van Pelt As QB Coach

iommi

Alex Van Pelt, the Packers' running backs coach the past two seasons, might replace McAdoo. After a nine-year career playing quarterback in the NFL, Van Pelt coached quarterbacks in Buffalo from 2008-'09 and in Tampa Bay from 2010-'11. He was the Bills' coordinator in '10.

"Obviously, I'm quarterback-trained, so it'd be natural," Van Pelt said last week. "But I'm having a lot of fun coaching these guys."

A source said the Bills were interested in hiring Van Pelt as quarterbacks coach but, with a year remaining on his contract in Green Bay, it's unlikely McCarthy would let him go.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Van Pelt and Hackett were part of the worst Bills offense in recent memory. Let's get 'em back together.

Hell, if Pettine leaves, whats Jauron up to? We could try and go back to the "lure fans asleep" tactic.

Lions have the corner on that. Caldwell (I am joking because I actually think he'll be good there) looks catatonic.

Alex Van Pelt, the Packers' running backs coach the past two seasons, might replace McAdoo. After a nine-year career playing quarterback in the NFL, Van Pelt coached quarterbacks in Buffalo from 2008-'09 and in Tampa Bay from 2010-'11. He was the Bills' coordinator in '10.

"Obviously, I'm quarterback-trained, so it'd be natural," Van Pelt said last week. "But I'm having a lot of fun coaching these guys."

A source said the Bills were interested in hiring Van Pelt as quarterbacks coach but, with a year remaining on his contract in Green Bay, it's unlikely McCarthy would let him go.

Can the Pill bring Rodgers with him?