(OT) Any last-minute vacation suggestions?

The wife, boys (age 3-1/2 and 2) and I, along with the in-laws, were supposed to fly down to Orlando this Saturday for a trip we've (read: the wife, although I like it as well but not to the same extent she does) planning for over 2 months now. Well we can cancel our Disney lodging and get a full refund, but US Airheads said that we have to fly within 7 days from this Saturday, paying the difference of course. Any suggestions where we can all go last minute?

The wife, boys (age 3-1/2 and 2) and I, along with the in-laws, were supposed to fly down to Orlando this Saturday for a trip we've (read: the wife, although I like it as well but not to the same extent she does) planning for over 2 months now.  Well we can cancel our Disney lodging and get a full refund, but US Airheads said that we have to fly within 7 days from this Saturday, paying the difference of course.  Any suggestions where we can all go last minute?

16269[/snapback]

Vegas baby! Vegas!

The wife, boys (age 3-1/2 and 2) and I, along with the in-laws, were supposed to fly down to Orlando this Saturday for a trip we've (read: the wife, although I like it as well but not to the same extent she does) planning for over 2 months now.  Well we can cancel our Disney lodging and get a full refund, but US Airheads said that we have to fly within 7 days from this Saturday, paying the difference of course.  Any suggestions where we can all go last minute?

16269[/snapback]

what about cedar point or busch gardens?

From where ???? That will determine the fare difference. I'd go to Puerto Rico if possible I love that place. Of course I have not checked to see if the storm caused them trouble or not. If Fl is your destination go to Key west . Outer Banks of NC is definately in the running.

16269[/snapback]

Just stay away from the Carolinas to Florida this week, who knows with this storm...

Fly out West. Check out the Grand Canyon. Not sure where you would fly into. You will probably have to do some driving.

Other alternatives- fly into a Southern California (Orange County) airport. Not LAX- maybe Ontario or John Wayne and go to Anaheim. You can go to Disneyland or a baseball game. Weather will be great and hotels are all over the place. The kids would still be thrilled to be going to Disney.

Go Bills

16269[/snapback]

That sucks for you and your family. I just hope the damn thing stays away from Orlando so Disney will still be there when I'm supposed to go starting next weekend!

Hurricane Frances = :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

What about DC---plenty of stuff to do for the kids--The museums are fun and interactive and the Capitol mall is a great place to play and run around--its not oppressively hot this weekend either...

16375[/snapback]

Man took the words from my mouth. It's never too early in life to see the Nation's Capitol. The youngun's might really enjoy the Smithsonian.