2014 Blizzard

I think that Kiko and Mario guarding the OP exit! So if the Bills were home for a playoff game this weekend the national media would be all over this...

BdaZU8hIcAA3-DY.jpg

Erie County Sheriffs

69 and partly cloudy here!

Wow that' s great. Next time there is a sand storm make sure you tell us.

Sabres cancelled their game today on account of the weather. Pussification continues

Come on, the last game cancelled was in Dec. 2000. The reason we don't see the problems that we seen years ago is because we are so much more organized and proactive. Maybe if so many people back in '77, '78 took things more seriously, as many problems wouldn't have existed. People where out in light clothes, since it was a little bit mild before the '77 Blizzard hit. We weren't prepared. Today we are. We talked about that 1978 storm... No way West Seneca sends the kids out today... What a mess that storm was, and that was a localized event. The school district notoriously played the game late by closing, calling the radio stations... That puts a lot of people in jeopardy. They have days to push @ the end of the year. Same with sporting events... Who knows, maybe the 'Canes couldn't get their charter in on time? Why push a tragedy... Know one's own limits... That is not pussification! That is just playing the game smart, not hard.

Again, why risk it? This too shall pass, they are calling for rain on the weekend. That old school mentality is what gets people in trouble. I am not one for wimping out, but I know my logistical limits.

Come on, the last game cancelled was in Dec. 2000. The reason we don't see the problems that we seen years ago is because we are so much more organized and proactive. Maybe if so many people back in '77, '78 took things more seriously, as many problems wouldn't have existed. People where out in light clothes, since it was a little bit mild before the '77 Blizzard hit. We weren't prepared. Today we are. We talked about that 1978 storm... No way West Seneca sends the kids out today... What a mess that storm was, and that was a localized event. The school district notoriously played the game late by closing, calling the radio stations... That puts a lot of people in jeopardy. They have days to push @ the end of the year. Same with sporting events... Who knows, maybe the 'Canes couldn't get their charter in on time? Why push a tragedy... Know one's own limits... That is not pussification! That is just playing the game smart, not hard.

Again, why risk it? This too shall pass, they are calling for rain on the weekend. That old school mentality is what gets people in trouble. I am not one for wimping out, but I know my logistical limits.

The NFL scheduled the Superbowl in New York- and they are talking about moving the date if the weather is bad. You can't move the Superbowl date! That is like changing the date of 4th of July. And besides the point- its football! I still go to work in blizzards. Why can't hockey players?

The NFL scheduled the Superbowl in New York- and they are talking about moving the date if the weather is bad. You can't move the Superbowl date! That is like changing the date of 4th of July. And besides the point- its football! I still go to work in blizzards. Why can't hockey players?

Super Bowl, I see your point! Hockey game, especially what BFLO is getting now, can be a life & death situation with people out there. Yes, in 2006, they didn't cancel the October game when they played Detroit... (I think it was BFLO's first ever shootout and a 2-1 win... Wasn't Hasek still playing for DET?) That was a freak early fall storm.

They cancel 4th of July fireworks when it rains.

You know what is pussification Pete? I got the first ever robo call from my electric company, ComEd. They said due to the snow, we might not be able to read people's meters so we are gonna estimate it and then adjust when we do read it. No freaking sh*t! Haven't they always done this, gas company has been doing this for years. No big deal, the whole side of my house is drifted in with an 8 foot snow drift.

Is this their sorry excuse for not sending meter reader out with Carharts and Sorel's? Lol... Or are they using it to push smart meters read from the sky? I got no problem with them estimating from past usage. What a ticky tacky world we live in!

/rant off Sorry guys... Just got back from work and can't sleep! LoL...

Edited by ExiledInIllinois