Crossman Retained

What this shows is he inherits a good squad and continuously makes them worse. From 5th to 30th in Carolina and from 11th to 30th in Detroit. Now 30th to ? in Buffalo. This guy is a scrub. Shame on Marrone

I posted earlier in week showing ST stats overall, where Buffalo ranked # 8 last year, some others have said # 6.

Same link/site had Buffalo ST ranked # 30 overall: that's a 22 spot drop in ranking. Impressive for only 1 year!!!

:doh:

• Replies 491
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted earlier in week showing ST stats overall, where Buffalo ranked # 8 last year, some others have said # 6.

Same link/site had Buffalo ST ranked # 30 overall: that's a 22 spot drop in ranking. Impressive for only 1 year!!!

:doh:

Dropping down those two final slots is going to be a big challenge, but I believe in Danny Crossman.

Now I don't know what sources Pat Moran has inside the Bills Org but it is not far fetched and reason why I was disappointed with the way Marrone has handled things.

Hilliard wasn't one of Marrone's "guys" and Crossman was. The reasons made for Crossman was that there wasn't enough special team guys. However look what Hilliard had to work with and the reasoning should be the same. Hilliard was the scapegoat and ended up getting fired while Crossman got to keep his job doesn't seem fair to me.

http://www.buffalosportsdaily.com/friday-bills-thoughts-notes/

Edited by billieve420

Now I don't know what sources Pat Moran has inside the Bills Org but it is not far fetched and reason why I was disappointed with the way Marrone has handled things.

Hilliard wasn't one of Marrone's "guys" and Crossman was. The reasons made for Crossman was that there wasn't enough special team guys. However look what Hilliard had to work with and the reasoning should be the same. Hilliard was the scapegoat and ended up getting fired while Crossman got to keep his job doesn't seem fair to me.

http://www.buffalosp...thoughts-notes/

If history is any indicator, ST under Crossman will be even worse this year. I don't know how.

AS far as the "accountability" talk: there is none, so stop talking about it every game.

I just returned from overseas from a 6 month deployment and was finally able to have a marathon session of watching all the condensed versions of all this years games..am catching up here on all the thoughts from my fellow Bills fans but must admit that I was shocked at how bad our Special Teams units were...omg...that the coach of this season s biggest CF is still employed as the coach is shocking to me...getting rid of the receivers coach....I get it...the linebackers coach...err...whats his name...but Crossman...what does he have over the Bills that he is not now searching for a Coordinator job on a high school football team is beyond me...lastly, thanks to all of the great comments on this forum and this great website..the sometimes brilliant(and often hilarious) comments here sustained me thru long bouts of homesickness, boredom and frustration so thanks to all of you...now lets get on to making this Bills team playoff bound in 2014

I just returned from overseas from a 6 month deployment and was finally able to have a marathon session of watching all the condensed versions of all this years games..am catching up here on all the thoughts from my fellow Bills fans but must admit that I was shocked at how bad our Special Teams units were...omg...that the coach of this season s biggest CF is still employed as the coach is shocking to me...getting rid of the receivers coach....I get it...the linebackers coach...err...whats his name...but Crossman...what does he have over the Bills that he is not now searching for a Coordinator job on a high school football team is beyond me...lastly, thanks to all of the great comments on this forum and this great website..the sometimes brilliant(and often hilarious) comments here sustained me thru long bouts of homesickness, boredom and frustration so thanks to all of you...now lets get on to making this Bills team playoff bound in 2014

Awesome. Welcome home.

Was this a Navy cruise? Med?

IO_ds4k2_normal.jpegSeth Walder@SethWalderNYDN 1h

Jets special teams coach Kotwica interviews with Redskins: source. #nyj | http://fw.to/GhjAkIZ

Kotwica was offered a contract with the Jets but they are allowing him to intvw with other teams.

I can top that!

Former Jets ST coach Mike Westoff could be interested in rejoining his old team where he was the ST coach from 2001-2012.

The Jets don't appear to be interested in him however.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/page/3/

Perhaps the Bills could hire Bobby April or coax Mike Westoff out of retirement

Buffalo Bills special teams 2013: rep counts, value discussion

By Brian Galliford on Jan 20 2014, 2:45p

20131117_gav_al9_155.0_standard_709.0.jpg

The Buffalo Bills want to improve their special teams personnel this offseason. Let's take stock, then, of where they stand following the 2013 season.

We have finally crunched the numbers on Buffalo Bills special teams reps from the 2013 season - we'll be updating our rep counts page when we find more time - but for now, it's worthwhile to spend some time with these numbers and flesh out where the Bills stand on teams heading into the 2014 offseason.

Core Players:

WR Marcus Easley:

ILB Nigel Bradham:

S Duke Williams:

S Jim Leonhard:

WR Chris Hogan:

Easley, Bradham, and Williams ok - for a variety of reasons. Leonhard and Hogan are using spots that could be for other viable options at their respective positions. In other words, there are better Safeties and WRs than Leonhard and Hogan that could not only play a role on STs if necessary, but actually contribute to the Defense and Offense when called upon. IMO of course....

I saw an interesting thing on ESPN or NFL channel this weekend. It was a list of advice points Belicheat had given one of his coordinator who was moving on to a HC job. Number 2 was do not hire/thrust your friends, they will disapoint you. I hope Maronne caught that bit. But what I really hope for is that he won't be to proud to learn from it.