Would the Bills trade up to get Watkins?

Love Watkins, but I really love Kelvin Benjamin from Florida State. I know it's still to early to predict, but any prognostications as to when he is likely to be drafted? I think he could be an Alshon Jeffery clone.

I love him as well. They say late 1st to early 2nd. I have to imagine that he continues to climb after testing and Monday night. I am thinking that he will go in the middle of the 1st after Watkins and Lee.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love him as well. They say late 1st to early 2nd. I have to imagine that he continues to climb after testing and Monday night. I am thinking that he will go in the middle of the 1st after Watkins and Lee.

So did E.J. play with him at Florida St?. I mean it would make sense....

Eric Moulds was only 6' and he seemed to do alright.

Regardless of Moulds' size, I've said that size is not an issue with Watkins.

I also said that he reminds me of Justin Blackmon in that he plays larger than his listed height/weight.

My comment was directed more towards Evans backers. I think Watkins is probably the better player.

I would only draft Evans if I was convinced he was a better player than Watkins.

For me, size is a tie-breaker, not the primary consideration.

Regardless of Moulds' size, I've said that size is not an issue with Watkins.

I also said that he reminds me of Justin Blackmon in that he plays larger than his listed height/weight.

My comment was directed more towards Evans backers. I think Watkins is probably the better player.

I would only draft Evans if I was convinced he was a better player than Watkins.

For me, size is a tie-breaker, not the primary consideration.

I agree 100% on size being a tie-breaker. I was originally all about Evans but the more I have researched I am in on Watkins.

Yeah, Benjamin was a redshirt freshman last year (I think). They did play together for sure.

Just watched Donnie Avery score a 79 yd TD for K.C. Watkins is 2 inches taller and 5 lbs. heavier than Avery.

And he is faster if there is truth to the rumors that he ran a 4.27 on grass.

FWIW, Avery was the first receiver taken in the 2008 draft.

Donnie Avery (33rd overall)

Devin Thomas

Jordy Nelson

James Hardy (41st overall)

Eddie Royal

Jerome Simpson

DeSean Jackson

Malcolm Kelly

Limas Sweed (53rd overall)

Good thing the Bills chose the size of Hardy over the skill of DJax.

He did... but Benjamin was very inconsistent as a freshman. Dropped a lot of balls. Improved a lot in 2nd year, FSU also replaced 6 guys on its Offensive coaching staff. Edited by YoloInTheBlo

Just watched T.Y. Hilton score a red zone TD. Watkins is 4 inches taller and 27 lbs heavier than Hilton.

Just curious, that tall kid that playes with Johnny Football; is it possible that he gets open more so because Johnny brings DBs up and off of coverage, rather than his own skill level????

Luck struggled mightily after Wayne went down. And after a great start, Hilton was up and down for the rest of the season (I had him on my fantasy teams). It's too easy to take away smaller #1 Wrs. If the Bills had a beast at TE or wr, sure. But Watkins is built pretty much the same as our top 2 Wrs.

And Johnny Football does do the scramble deal a lot that helps Evans. But he does sometimes just chuck a football into double coverage hoping his 6'5" basketball wr comes down with it. I want that.

FWIW, Avery was the first receiver taken in the 2008 draft.

Donnie Avery (33rd overall)

Devin Thomas

Jordy Nelson

James Hardy (41st overall)

Eddie Royal

Jerome Simpson

DeSean Jackson

Malcolm Kelly

Limas Sweed (53rd overall)

In fairness, none of those guys had close to the 2 years Evans has had.

Some of you think because the Bills missed on Hardy that they shouldn't draft another big receiver. Watkins may be better than Evans, but he wouldn't be better for the Bills given their less than accurate QB. It's not like they have Luck. If they did, then I could see picking Watkins. But they don't.

I don't even think they should pick any WR 1st, I'd rather get a LB. But if they do, it should be a big WR or top TE, something they don't currently have.

Edited by PastaJoe