All AFC East Running Back

ESPN just did their All-Division teams. Buffalo only has 4 players on the All-AFCE team but probably should have 5. I'm baffled as to how they chose their running back position.

Chris Ivory - 843 Total Yards, 3 Total TD's

Fred Jackson - 1,283 Total Yards, 10 Total TD's

CJ Spiller - 1,112 Total Yards, 2 Total TD's

But they're ESPN and they're the worldwide leader in sports...how can I argue with their selection of Chris Ivory?

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/tag/_/name/2013-nfl-all-division-team

ESPN just did their All-Division teams. Buffalo only has 4 players on the All-AFCE team but probably should have 5. I'm baffled as to how they chose their running back position.

But they're ESPN and they're the worldwide leader in sports...how can I argue with their selection of Chris Ivory?

http://espn.go.com/b...l-division-team

I'd take that kid from the Jets or the Pats backs before Ivory.

Gostkowski over Carpenter? Ha.

Coples over Lawson? Coples is so incomplete it's not even funny.

Well, I just looked. This is !@#$ing Rodrak. The dude has such a woody for the Patriots that he can't hide it. He has to pander for clicks to the Jets fans

Rodrak couldn't hold the jock of a Bleacher Report hack but he sure can suck the of the Patriots.

edit: B.Powell, their listed starter for the Jets has his backup starting as the AFCE Team.

Rodrak, somewhere in a basement you're reading this, I hope. You suck.

Edited by jboyst62

Well, I just looked. This is !@#$ing Rodrak. The dude has such a woody for the Patriots that he can't hide it. He has to pander for clicks to the Jets fans

Rodrak couldn't hold the jock of a Bleacher Report hack but he sure can suck the of the Patriots.

edit: B.Powell, their listed starter for the Jets has his backup starting as the AFCE Team.

Rodrak, somewhere in a basement you're reading this, I hope. You suck.

Look again. Rodak didn't pick the team. He did a write-up of the selections and said himself that it should have been Jackson. Also, Gostkowski was 38-41 while Carpenter was 33-36 so it's not like he had a bad season himself. Wait for it... wait for it... So, what do you think TJ Graham should've made the team as a WR??

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/tag/_/name/2013-nfl-all-division-team

What a joke. How anybody can think Ivory had a better year than FJ and have a job writing about the NFL is beyond me.

Edited by MDH

I do agree Edleman over Amendola.

Look again. Rodak didn't pick the team. He did a write-up of the selections and said himself that it should have been Jackson. Also, Gostkowski was 38-41 while Carpenter was 33-36 so it's not like he had a bad season himself. Wait for it... wait for it... So, what do you think TJ Graham should've made the team as a WR??

TJ Graham 4 Pres

I think the kicks Carpenter did may have been tougher but I have no idea. Fan boy, I guess, but it's still the kicker so it's like the least important most sissy position on the team. Kickers don't count! :censored:

Misleading by Rodrak, and it still doesn't take away his stuff is crap. I read something the other day he put out that I read 5 minutes earlier, almost verbatim and 30 minutes after JW posted it. ESPN has just become a regurgitation system of smaller stories, local sources, and the AP wire.

edit: Which I guess makes sense on why we never hear anything about rumors or the goings on of the team because the local media is so late to report on it. For what it is worth, John Wawrow cannot report on rumors or speculation - he has to have a source. So when local media gets a lamb baste don't include the Wawrow Johnny.

Edited by jboyst62

What a joke. How anybody can think Ivory had a better year than FJ and have a job writing about the NFL is beyond me.

fred certainly had the better/more complete year but ivory had about the same yardage on quite a few less touches actually running. id guess that it was someone that just glanced at rushing totals and saw that. really that were debating a couple of guys with rushing totals under 900 for the season speaks to how little anyone seperated themselves. freddys TDs and receiving are really the difference that should make him the obvious choice though.

fred certainly had the better/more complete year but ivory had about the same yardage on quite a few less touches actually running. id guess that it was someone that just glanced at rushing totals and saw that. really that were debating a couple of guys with rushing totals under 900 for the season speaks to how little anyone seperated themselves. freddys TDs and receiving are really the difference that should make him the obvious choice though.

except when you figure that no one can have one shred of speculation of doubt of not believing CJ or FJ would have crossed 1,000 yards if running solo

except when you figure that no one can have one shred of speculation of doubt of not believing CJ or FJ would have crossed 1,000 yards if running solo

Ivory only had 15 touches like 5 times this year, splitting time with powell. powell had 700 yards too. at 4.6 yards per carry and 833 yards on the season, one would think very similar comments could be made about ivory getting to 1000. like i said, where fred really separated himself was by being a threat in the passing game too. ivory isnt a great blocker or pass catcher. as a runner though, ivory is pretty good.

Edited by NoSaint

Ivory only had 15 touches like 5 times this year, splitting time with powell. powell had 700 yards too. at 4.6 yards per carry and 833 yards on the season, one would think very similar comments could be made about ivory getting to 1000. like i said, where fred really separated himself was by being a threat in the passing game too. ivory isnt a great blocker or pass catcher. as a runner though, ivory is pretty good.

I would like to agree with you, out of respect but I cannot.

Maybe others would agree with you but I cannot. I will not give a RB the benefit of the doubt until they have ran for 1,000 yards already. In todays league it is rather easy to get but I do not believe it's something you can just hand a back.

I've got no idea.....does anybody know if Nate Solder is a top LT?

In the AFCE protecting Brady's blind side is probably the most important job.

He's played well, minus a few games - Miami and Buffalo. Glenn will be up there soon.

I would like to agree with you, out of respect but I cannot.

Maybe others would agree with you but I cannot. I will not give a RB the benefit of the doubt until they have ran for 1,000 yards already. In todays league it is rather easy to get but I do not believe it's something you can just hand a back.

i understand - though i may not agree in this case. i cant say i feel terribly strongly on the topic, but between them both being only about 150 yards shy, and freddy only having cleared it by a small margin one time in his career.... im not sure they are far different with regards to the ability to "get there," for lack of a better term coming to mind.

both have had some hiccups with injuries so either couldve run into issues with the extra 30-40 carries in the season, but generally speaking i think they are both very capable runners.

ill include the disclaimer that despite his short comings in the passing game and injury issues - ivory has been one of the under the radar backs that ive had the most fun watching the last few years. the guy can be an absolute beast with the ball in his hands. id still say fred had the better year for sure though.

Edited by NoSaint

Agreed - it should've been Fred at RB.

I can't argue with Gostkowski though, especially when his kick-offs regularly are out of the end zone or not returned. I like Carpenter, but his kick-offs seemed to get returned more often than not.

Lastly, none of our receivers had good numbers due to all the different QB's we had and they had to practice with. EJ missed so much key-critical practice snaps. Hopefully having him healthy going forward, he can continue building chemistry with the receiver corps.

I get the Gostkowski over Carp simply because so many of the patriots kicks went out the back of the end zone or weren't returned.

Nobody in the AFC East did better at LT then Glenn IMO. Mangold had a down year, but then so did Wood.

Kinda stinks that the Patriots have a down year and still take the division