LOST reminder

stevestojan

Somebody.... <_< Anybody...... :D  Can someone please tell me what happened with Claire at the end? Is she back now? I missed the last 15 minutes.... :huh:

212067[/snapback]

Walt was walking the dog. The polar bear (he seemed to be a VERY BIG polar bear in the CGI images) attacks him in the circular reed enclosures. Locke and his father save him from above.

Locke and Boone go out to try to find the dog. Locke has a jury-rigged dog whistle. Rustling in the bushes. Locke grips his knife. Claire walks out. Her face looked pretty nasty w/ bruising and such. Others here say it looks like the baby is out. I don't know. I didn't see this, I saw the belly as the first thing. But I was a little tired last night....

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

At the very end, Boone and Locke were looking for Vincent (Walt's Dog), whistling some kind of dog whistle when they heard some rustling in front of them and after a few seconds Claire stumbled upon them, you saw her briefly (withouth child I believe) and then the screen went black.

212074[/snapback]

Cool thanks.....

Walt is the FIRST person in this show that has had unusual experiences before the plane crash. It is very obvious, from the bird episode, that he can conjure up stuff.

After last week, we were talking about how maybe Locke is the key to the whole show -- y'know, tabula rasa.

This week, my wife and I wondered if Walt is actually sustaining everything on the island. Did he conjure the plane crash? Did he see Locke in a wheelchair and visualize him walking? We KNOW he's connected to the Polar Bear -- twice -- each time when he doesn't know where his (actually Brian's) dog is. Hmmmm.

Thoughts?

Wouldn't it piss all of us off royally if there is no place the show is going and that these are all just random shows? :lol: All the reading into every second of every episode and thoughts and theories were all just the whim of the writers at the time. :devil: I know this isn't the case but thought it was funny.

Wouldn't it piss all of us off royally if there is no place the show is going and that these are all just random shows?  :lol:  All the reading into every second of every episode and thoughts and theories were all just the whim of the writers at the time.  :devil: I know this isn't the case but thought it was funny.

212226[/snapback]

I think they have specific ideas in mind.

One of the creators, J.J. Abrams, initially didn't want to do the show because he wasn't sure how he'd stretch it to more than one season. But I guess they came up with a means of having 2-3 seasons so they went ahead with it.

How about Hurley being the only character on the show not showing any type of weight loss?  Dude, where are you getting the food?!?  :devil:

Liked what Charlie said to Sawyer..."You punch like a pansy."  :lol:  :lol:

212063[/snapback]

I believe Charlie called Sawyer a "ponce" - which is pretty much the same thing anyhow, in British slang

And no kidding, how long have they been on the island eating fish and coconuts? You'd think Hurley would shed a few pounds by now.

I've missed pretty much every show since mid November, I know this will be coming out on DVD at some point. It sucks when you think DVR is saving something for a month and you go to get it and find out you have your settings at one week.

Walt is the FIRST person in this show that has had unusual experiences before the plane crash.  It is very obvious, from the bird episode, that he can conjure up stuff.

After last week, we were talking about how maybe Locke is the key to the whole show -- y'know, tabula rasa.

This week, my wife and I wondered if Walt is actually sustaining everything on the island.  Did he conjure the plane crash?  Did he see Locke in a wheelchair and visualize him walking?  We KNOW he's connected to the Polar Bear -- twice -- each time when he doesn't know where his (actually Brian's) dog is.  Hmmmm.

Thoughts?

212219[/snapback]

Brian said it himself ... Walt is f-ed up and strange things happen around him. Walt got pissed that he had to study Australian birds and next thing you know, one of those Aussie birds dies.

You can tell Walt was pissed at his mom in Australia and she dies within a week.

Walt is definitely affecting a lot on the island. Was he the one that brought the plane down? I don't know. Maybe he didn't want to leave with his real dad.

At some point Kate will probably show Walt the toy airplane, and shortly afterwards they'll see a plane flying in the distance.

In case anyone wanted to try and find it, the comic book was from a two issue series titled Green Lantern/Flash: Faster Friends & Flash/Green Lantern: Faster Friends from a couple years ago.

So, here's another example of the theory that the island drew all these people together for the purpose of resolving long-standing personal issues.

A great injustice was done to Michael when his B word wife decided to leave and take Walt with her. She didn't give a rats ass about how it would crush Michael...she just had her own selfish desires to fulfill.

Well, nine years later, work brings her to Australia. Just as so many other factors would bring the rest of our cast together in Australia as well.

Suddenly, a seemingly young and healthy woman is stricken with a "rare" blood disorder and dies. Walt's adopted father wants nothing to do with him, which completely clears the way for Michael to reenter the picture. In fact, Brian wants to get rid of Walt so bad that he flies to the US the DAY AFTER his wife dies to give Michael the tickets (yes, the fatefull tickets indeed!) to come get the kid.

To what extent do Walt's "powers" come in to play? To the point where HE killed his mother? I don't think so. Maybe only to the extent that he freaked Brian out enough to want to get rid of him.

Lastly, was this entire scenario so predetermined that Michael's wife was saving his letters ever since she split from him? No real reason for this, as she made it very clear that she thought Michael should not have any role in Walts life.

I see the island as the end point for the many different paths of our casts lives. You see that for each person that survived the crash, their individual journeys to the island began long before they boarded the plane.

And what about the original castaways (Ethan, Danielle, others?)? Are they the survivors of a previous group of LOSTers, or are they just the first arrivals of this group?

Ah, yes, more food for thought. :devil:

I see the island as the end point for the many different paths of our casts lives. You see that for each person that survived the crash, their individual journeys to the island began long before they boarded the plane.

I wouldn't get so worked up about Fate, man.

It's not like everyone else has a clean slate in their lives. The plane crash just happened to these people. And it's not necessarily an "end point" for them.

I've missed pretty much every show since mid November, I know this will be coming out on DVD at some point. It sucks when you think DVR is saving something for a month and you go to get it and find out you have your settings at one week.

212283[/snapback]

I have all 13 LOST epsiodes in HD on my computer. To watch them, all you need is a DVD player on your computer and windows media player. I could easily burn all the episodes onto a DVD.

Or in my case, I "moded" my XBOX and hooked it up to my computer. I just transfer the files to the XBOX (which is basically a large hard drive) and watch them on TV through the XBOX. The quality is amazing.

I have all 13 LOST epsiodes in HD on my computer.  To watch them, all you need is a DVD player on your computer and windows media player.  I could easily burn all the episodes onto a DVD. 

Or in my case, I "moded" my XBOX and hooked it up to my computer.  I just transfer the files to the XBOX (which is basically a large hard drive) and watch them on TV through the XBOX.  The quality is amazing.

212462[/snapback]

How'd you get those? Did you download them from somewhere?

duey Posted Today, 12:21 PM

Lastly, was this entire scenario so predetermined that Michael's wife was saving his letters ever since she split from him? No real reason for this, as she made it very clear that she thought Michael should not have any role in Walts life.

There is one thing about this scene I wanted to bring up. It does seem odd with how Michael's wife treated him that she would be saving the letters he wrote to Walt. Actually we do not know if his wife was saving them. Remember it was Walt's nanny who gave Michael his letters that he had written. It seems more likely to me that Walt's nanny saved the letters, without Michael's wife knowing it.

Just something I wanted to point out.

And no kidding, how long have they been on the island eating fish and coconuts?  You'd think Hurley would shed a few pounds by now.

212258[/snapback]

I heard an interview today with the actor that plays Hurley, and it turns out there's a good reason for him not losing weight: they don't pay him enough to. :D As he good-humoredly put it (paraphrasing): "Tom Hanks got $20M to lose weight for 'Castaway'. I don't make nearly that much."

He also mentioned that the producers accepted the impossibility of him losing as much weight as someone his size would being stranded on an island, and somehow worked it into the story (in a "they're scavenging enough food" sort of way, not a "odd sh-- happens on the island" way).

I heard an interview today with the actor that plays Hurley, and it turns out there's a good reason for him not losing weight: they don't pay him enough to.  :D  As he good-humoredly put it (paraphrasing): "Tom Hanks got $20M to lose weight for 'Castaway'.  I don't make nearly that much."

He also mentioned that the producers accepted the impossibility of him losing as much weight as someone his size would being stranded on an island, and somehow worked it into the story (in a "they're scavenging enough food" sort of way, not a "odd sh-- happens on the island" way).

213179[/snapback]

They'd apparently been on the island for 16 days on this week's show. I don't know about you guys, and maybe it's just my bird diet, but it'll take more time until they start losing mad weight. The folks on Survivor lose about 10-15 pounds in 43 days (except for Dirk, the Bible-thumper in the first or second season; he was a twig in the third week) and that's with a lot of physical exertion in challenges etc., which you don't really see them doing in Lost.

I don't know, I kind of like Hurley for some of his comic relief on the show (and per above in real life). Can't wait for his backstory. Still have some ?s about him.

let's not forget what the psychic in australia said to claire...YOU MUST RAISE THIS CHILD...ALONE.  well apparently she does not have the child...who is going to raise it and what is going to happen because of that?

213637[/snapback]

Well, see, that's the thing. There is obviously something special about this child, and that's why the psychic did what he did, and Ethan (and others?) did what he did.

There is one thing about this scene I wanted to bring up. It does seem odd with how Michael's wife treated him that she would be saving the letters he wrote to Walt. Actually we do not know if his wife was saving them. Remember it was Walt's nanny who gave Michael his letters that he had written. It seems more likely to me that Walt's nanny saved the letters, without Michael's wife knowing it.

Just something I wanted to point out.

213160[/snapback]

Weill, either the nanny saved the letters (she's been their nanny for nine years...from Paris to Rome to Australia?), or the mother did and gave them to the nanny right at the end.

or the mother had enough common sense to know that anything could happen in the future (i.e. an accident that killed her or her husband or both, or the walt grows up and wants to meet his father and she then gives him the letters, any number of things could happen to give the letters meaning)...so she kept them on the notion of "what if...."

Weill, either the nanny saved the letters (she's been their nanny for nine years...from Paris to Rome to Australia?), or the mother did and gave them to the nanny right at the end.

213675[/snapback]