Who are you ready to see go?

161 members have voted

1. 1. Which players are you happy to see go? (In other words, yeah they're good, but aren't going to win games in the long run, and the team has to get better)

• CJ spiller
    • SJ13
    • MD99
    • TJ Graham
    • Bradham
    • Fjax
    • EJ
    • Chandler

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Barry Sanders was notorious for those types of runs. Chris Johnson and Jamaal Charles too. Spiller is a " home run hitter" if you want to be upset at someone be upset at the person who couldn't get this dynamic player the ball in space.

Home run hitters don't win in the playoffs. They need a young power back who can get the tough yards up the middle and score near the goal line. Spiller puts them in 2nd and long way too much for a team that doesn't have a QB who can bail them out.

Interesting take. Guess you either selectively forgot Colin Brown or just saw the move as a mistake "anybody" could have made. (It wasn't.)

Marrone stating that because the Bills were the #2 rushing team in the NFL that they must be doing something right. That the players on the line must be pretty good to achieve that.

Yet, that line still can't control the clock or the LoS by running, still has great difficulty making a 3rd and short by running. So, did we see an innovator or someone just calling a lot of the same run plays over and over? Were the Bills just lucky to have two excellent RB's in Spiller & Jackson?

The Bills were #6 in the NFL rushing in 2012 and #13 in attempts with a better yard / avg at 5.0 vs 4.2. Still both teams went 6-10. Being #1 in rushing is moot unless the team can control the LoS like the Patriots did against the Bills in week 17. JMO

Edited by FeartheLosing

I disagree with those calling for Chandler to be gone. He is likely as good as nearly half the starting TEs in the league & would make an excellent #2TE IMO.

Poor blocker, inconsistent hands, falls down like a flyweight, and not a vertical threat. The Bills can and must find better in today's NFL IMO.

Your point? NE was good under Parcells & Carroll. They made the playoffs & Super Bowl. They weren't in a 14 year depression. Amazing how a quality owner brings in top level coaching.

Read the earlier posts that got to that point.

People were calling for Marrone to be fired because of this year's performance. Saying that he's a terrible coach and the fact that we went 6 - 10 proved that. What Sage aptly pointed out and you seemed to miss is that there are other coaches, such as the one considered the best in the league in his time, who started his career off terribly. In fact, he had one winning season in his first 6 years in the league and his first two with each of his teams he went 5 - 11.

The discussion had nothing to do with Ralph Wilson or any of the years prior to Marrone got here, get with it man.

Poor blocker, inconsistent hands, falls down like a flyweight, and not a vertical threat. The Bills can and must find better in today's NFL IMO.

I definitely agree. I just think that finding somebody better is not an easy task.....and in fact finding somebody who is as productive might be problematic also. Keeping him while we try to find better would be a wise move IMO.

Edited by Dibs

I definitely agree. I just think that finding somebody better is not an easy task.....and in fact finding somebody who is as productive might be problematic also. Keeping him while we try to find better would be a wise move IMO.

What's bolded is key.

If the Bills learned anything from last season, it has to be that they need to have a replacement, either in house or in mind, before they start showing people the door.

Read the earlier posts that got to that point.

People were calling for Marrone to be fired because of this year's performance. Saying that he's a terrible coach and the fact that we went 6 - 10 proved that. What Sage aptly pointed out and you seemed to miss is that there are other coaches, such as the one considered the best in the league in his time, who started his career off terribly. In fact, he had one winning season in his first 6 years in the league and his first two with each of his teams he went 5 - 11.

The discussion had nothing to do with Ralph Wilson or any of the years prior to Marrone got here, get with it man.

While I agree that one year is way to soon to fire a new HC like the Browns did with Chud this year.

Although, It is very disconcerting to me that a "hands on" supposed O line guru would make such glaring mistakes with some players on that line. The backup QB situation. The discipline at times. The play calling, schemes at times. The horrific play at times on the road by the entire team.

I know its still early into the off season but simply firing the WR coach isn't that reassuring to me that things will be corrected properly. Considering the Bills fielded one of the worst special teams coverage / return units in the NFL. 30th is pretty bad. Watching a 250 lb RB gain 189 yards on 4 returns made me want to find Marrone's dog and give it a kick.

It would be nice if franchises showed more patience, frankly. Hell, it would be nice if PEOPLE showed more patience.

I'm pretty amazed at how many fans want to jettison both EJ and Marrone after their rookie campaigns, as if the next two guys we throw into the frying pan would do any better than 6-10.

And yes, I realize that it's difficult to preach patience when it's been 14 years since a playoff appearance, but the current GM, head coach and starting QB are not responsible for those 14 seasons. They are responsible for exactly 1 season.

This! I'm amazed at people who are utterly convinced that EJ will never be a good QB based on this year, and rail about the horrible season he had. He was certainly mediocre and had flaws and some awful games, but that's how a rookie QB's season generally goes. For perspective, fans need to look at the inaugural seasons of Brees, Peyton Manning, Aikman...really any superstar QB. Manuel's season would actually lie somewhere around the 60th percentile (if you could truly graph it thus). Yes, 14 years of blah, playoffless football is hard to stomach and makes patience hard, but this is the calculated rebuild many around here have asked for...it ain't pretty, but there are many signs of hope, and loads of young talent.

As for Marrone, I haven't seen anything so damning (the Crossman hiring is indeed a bit suspect) as to not give him the benefit of seeing what he'll do in his second year with an open mind. Now, if he jettisons a ton of good players (i.e. Dareus) for not being his "type," he may lose a little of my good will (I'm sure he'll lose sleep).

To the OP's question: I'm never happy to see a player go, just hope they get better on my favorite team. It's a far happier occasion when whipping boys like Aaron Williams and Leodis McKelvin find their groove and prove haters wrong. That being said, I'd be quite ok with TJ finding another home and Marquise getting his reps (although, should he stay and prove me wrong, all the better).

This! I'm amazed at people who are utterly convinced that EJ will never be a good QB based on this year, and rail about the horrible season he had. He was certainly mediocre and had flaws and some awful games, but that's how a rookie QB's season generally goes. For perspective, fans need to look at the inaugural seasons of Brees, Peyton Manning, Aikman...really any superstar QB. Manuel's season would actually lie somewhere around the 60th percentile (if you could truly graph it thus). Yes, 14 years of blah, playoffless football is hard to stomach and makes patience hard, but this is the calculated rebuild many around here have asked for...it ain't pretty, but there are many signs of hope, and loads of young talent.

It's a win/win for people to be so quick to form a negative opinion. If EJ (or Marrone) turns out to be terrible, then they can say, "I told you 2 years ago he was going to suck, look at how smart I am!!" If EJ (or Marrone) improve and get this team where we want it to be, then everyone is happy and no one will remember who said these guys would never be good.

The bottom line is that no one knows how EJ, Marrone, Hackett, or anyone else will end up. There's been good moments and bad moments, EXACTLY what you would expect from guys getting their first gigs in the NFL. They were not drafted/hired because they were expected to make the playoffs or win the super bowl this year. They were hired because they have the potential to be very good and turn this loser aircraft carrier around.

Home run hitters don't win in the playoffs. They need a young power back who can get the tough yards up the middle and score near the goal line. Spiller puts them in 2nd and long way too much for a team that doesn't have a QB who can bail them out.

I agree completely with this. Spiller in the correct offense could be awesome. For example, no way in hell do I want him on the pats*. But I sure don't see the Bills offense being able to use him correctly in the foreseeable future.