A Few Thoughts About The Game, in no particular order.....

Bill from NYC

K so TJ Graham isn't Calvin Johnson or AJ Green. Got it.

How about Julian Edelman or Wes Welker? I don't think you have to be Johnson or Green to try to make that catch with your hands and not your body, and not to jump up for it.

Again, not a great pass, but generally on target.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How about Julian Edelman or Wes Welker? I don't think you have to be Johnson or Green to try to make that catch with your hands and not your body, and not to jump up for it.

Again, not a great pass, but generally on target.

So, because he dropped that passed and still had a TD and 62 yards, you're suggesting what? Can him? He's not the answer at WR?

I just don't understand while piling on the #3 guy is even happening after a day like today. Name 10 #3 WR's in the league that make clutch catches all the time.

Edited by FireChan

So, because he dropped that passed and still had a TD and 62 yards, you're suggesting what? Can him? He's not the answer at WR?

I just don't understand while piling on the #3 guy is even happening after a day like today. Name 10 #3 WR's in the league that make clutch catches all the time.

inb4 D'rick Rodgers

Are you cereal? That's the job of the 3rd WR. I'll gladly take a David Nelson, Brian Hartline, or Eric Decker over TJ.

So would every team in the league. Every single one.

I can't believe we didn't take Brady in the draft either, we're a bunch of morons. The guy we took isn't even in the league anymore.

I'm sorry, but I was referring to the guys who were taken right after Buddy's wonder pick.

Are you cereal? That's the job of the 3rd WR. I'll gladly take a David Nelson, Brian Hartline, or Eric Decker over TJ.

Hartline had a horrible game against us, drops galore. Similar conditions, he's not "reliable." David Nelson, invisible for 3/4ths of the season, CLUTCH RECEIVER.

Eric Decker has Peyton running his O. Not fair.

I'm suggesting he can't be relied upon, and yes, probably is no better than a #4-5. Wish I could say I expected more, but I haven't seen cause to. I am not piling on the guy, but look, if you fail to execute on a critical play, you're going to get heat. Ask Jeff Tuel.

I'll settle for TY Hilton... Or Russell Wilson.

I'm sorry, but I was referring to the guys who were taken right after Buddy's wonder pick.

GG wins by knockout.

I thought about this in the past years, but really haven't thought to much about it this year. Not that I am allowing my thoughts to be dictated by Talley as he tweeted it and then I see a Tim Graham article with FJ discussing Dareus; but where are the leaders on this team? The guy or guys who lead the team and the others respect and follow. We have FJ & KW as captains and let their play speak for themselves, but where is that leader who inspires the team and helps move everyone in the right direction...

That is one of the biggest things we are truly missing. There used to be accountability to one another and that is one big thing this team is lacking.

"Dareus arrived late for a team meeting Monday morning, one day after being benched for the first quarter of the Bills' Week 16 victory over the Miami Dolphins."

"We just can't put ourselves in those situations, and he knows that," Jackson said. "We need him out there. Any time he's sitting on the bench, he's not helping us. That's a feeling I know he doesn't like. He knows he has to come back and be better next year. I'm sure he will. I have all the confidence in the world in him, especially after a day like this that's going to sit with him all offseason. I'm sure he'll be motivated by that."

Jackson suggested Marrone's decision to make Dareus watch for an entire half should help the team moving forward.

"He's establishing what he wants to get established, holding guys accountable," Jackson said. "We've harped on it all year long, being accountable for your teammates. If you're sitting on the sideline, you're not accountable. That's one of the things we've got to get changed and one of the thing we're working on."

http://bills.buffalonews.com/2013/12/29/marcell-dareus-deaf-accountability-talk/

Because everyone knew Russ Bus and TY would set the world aflame right? That's what you said, moments after the picks came out?

"I bet those 7-9 Seahawks will completely turn their franchise around with this 3rd round QB."

"I bet this rookie 3rd round WR picked right after ours will look like a superstar and have an incredible career."

Is that what you thought?

By the by, TJ Graham is not our short distance and hands guy. He's our stretch the field guy. Comparing him to Hartline/Welker is asinine.

Edited by FireChan

Hartline had a horrible game against us, drops galore. Similar conditions, he's not "reliable." David Nelson, invisible for 3/4ths of the season, CLUTCH RECEIVER.

Eric Decker has Peyton running his O. Not fair.

Nelson was invisible, because he wasn't in a team. Ask the jets how invisible he was in the last six weeks. Shall we compare Nelsons season stats for 1/4 season to Graham's full season?

I'll be here.

Nelson was invisible, because he wasn't in a team. Ask the jets how invisible he was in the last six weeks. Shall we compare Nelsons season stats for 1/4 season to Graham's full season?

I'll be here.

Nelson played 11 games this year, sounds like you didn't do your homework.

Through his first 7 games, Nelson had a gamebreaking 17 receptions. What a champ.

Edited by FireChan

Because everyone knew Russ Bus and TY would set the world aflame right? That's what you said, moments after the picks came out?

"I bet those 7-9 Seahawks will completely turn their franchise around with this 3rd round QB."

"I bet this rookie 3rd round WR picked right after ours will look like a superstar and have an incredible career."

Is that what you thought?

By the by, TJ Graham is not our short distance and hands guy. He's our stretch the field guy. Comparing him to Hartline/Welker is asinine.

Well for a stretch the yardsticks guy, he also sucks, because Goodwin schooled him in that department.

The first step is admitting the problem. And that is that tj Graham is not a good football player. Wish him the best of luck on another team next year.

A few of my season thoughts:

1. I think Thad throws the ball downfield better than EJ and will throw it into tighter coverage than EJ is willing to risk. I also think he makes faster reads than EJ. He is also very scattered armed.

2. There are only 2 receivers on this team I see as part of the long term future Woods and Goodwin,. Hogan-Easley, nothing burgers, TJ Graham is a few hundred yards of receiving a year, with speed that doesnt really show itself on the field and has suspect hands. And Stevie is just an enigma, has bursts of productivity and bursts of choking, but doesnt really have big play ability. Plus his oh well no biggie on the fumble/drops bothers me.

3. This team needs playmakers, come through in the clutch playmakers. I hate to lose, refuse to lose, playmakers.

4. I'll get crap from some for this but the culture of failure is real. How can a team win between 4-7 games for 9 years straight? Why is there always this sub-mediocre ceiling for almost a full decade? You can say this guy wasnt coaching then or these players weren't on the team then. I hear ya, but I also know that the entire roster isnt overturned every year. Plenty of guys in that locker room have seen this team come up small in big moments. Pick your poison on ways to find a way to lose; penalties, cant stop the run, give up big passing plays, key interception, drops, fumbles, special teams play. It's mind numbing in it's consistency of futility.

5. How does this team have stats each year the boggle the mind. Like losing to Cleveland and Derek Anderson throwing for just about nothing. Last year it was the 300yds given up in rushing and passing in a game. This year it was losing to the Jets despite the Jets giving up the most penalty yards and winning a game since before a lot of your fathers we born and it was some team I never heard of, thats the kind of record we match. Or before the game I heard we could be one of 4 team to record 60 sacks, we would of been the only one with a losing record.

6, Nate you need to learn to use CJ Spiller in space, improve the red zone offense.

7. For all the love Pettine got this year, the run D got worse down the strech with a relativley fully healthy defense.

8. This team needs a great draft to get over the hump and in the playoffs. Odds are we arent going to unseat the Patriots for the AFC east division, that leaves 2 WC spots for a playoff berth. So this team has to get past the likes of the Chiefs, Chargers, Steelers, Ravens, Dolphins, Titans, Jets, Texans(who have talent and a top pick). Sure you can say we were better than some of them but to make the playoffs we have to better than all but one of them. Thats cold hard reality.

9. Motto for 2014----No excuses.

10. Go Bills!!!

Well for a stretch the yardsticks guy, he also sucks, because Goodwin schooled him in that department.

The first step is admitting the problem. And that is that tj Graham is not a good football player. Wish him the best of luck on another team next year.

Wanna talk invisible? Before tonight, Goodwin hasn't had a reception since the Jets game at home.

Schools him indeed.

Nelson played 11 games this year, sounds like you didn't do your homework.

Through his first 7 games, Nelson had a gamebreaking 17 receptions. What a champ.

Which is 6 catches less than great TJ had for the full year.

Wanna talk invisible? Before tonight, Goodwin hasn't had a reception since the Jets game at Homa e.

Schools him indeed.

23 catches for the year in a team that consistently missed itsnumber 1 and 2 receivers. Not physical, missed his assignments, doesn't play special teams.

But his dad helped Marion Jones, so there's something there.

And one more than Mr. Fantastic Goodwin.

No one is arguing that Goodwin was fantastic. The argument is that Graham sucks.

Edited by GG

23 catches for the year in a team that consistently missed is number 1 and 2 receivers. Not physical, missed assignments, doesn't play special teams.

But his dad helped Marion Jones, so there's something there.

No one is arguing that Goodwin was fantastic. The argument is that Graham sucks.

Well you said that Graham sucks as a stretch guy because Goodwin is better than him at it. I just proved he wasn't. If Graham sucks, Goodwin sucks even more.

Edited by FireChan