The Playoff Drought is Ending Soon

HSerotte

I do not understand how Bills fans are not happy with this season. Our defense has top 5 potential, no doubt in my mind. The offense is a work in progress, Mike Evans and a big TE (Austin Jenkins) in round 2, improvement on the line or an upgrade in FA and this team is in playoff contention next year. Special Teams has always been great, and I have complete faith in Doug Marrone and Whaley. Both smart people who came from successful teams (Marrone in New Orleans and Whaley from Pittsburgh). Spiller is one of the most electrifying backs in the league, and I expect him to return to his 2012 form next year. Freddy is heart and soul. AW and BYRD in the back with GILMORE, MCKELVIN, and ROBEY. WILLIAMS, WILLIAMS, and MARCELL up front. KIKO ALONSO. My excitement is through the roof for the upcoming seasons.

Wow--that sounds like an amazing lineup! Can you imagine what a guy like Perttine could do with that crew?!

I'm guessing he could coach them up into allowing 127 rushing yards per game (26th in the league), allowing 4.3 per attempt (22nd) and having 3rd downs converted at a rate of 39% (18th.) All this while being hit for 98 penalties (26th) for 863 yards (28th.)

DOMINATION!!

Our defense is kind of average, in the end. We get a lot of sacks and INTs, but also give up a lot of big plays, especially, it seems, on third downs.

It will really all depend on if the offense can get going with any consistency. Short/quick drives are killing us, as well as starting position and turnovers.

I do not understand how Bills fans are not happy with this season. Our defense has top 5 potential, no doubt in my mind. The offense is a work in progress, Mike Evans and a big TE (Austin Jenkins) in round 2, improvement on the line or an upgrade in FA and this team is in playoff contention next year. Special Teams has always been great, and I have complete faith in Doug Marrone and Whaley. Both smart people who came from successful teams (Marrone in New Orleans and Whaley from Pittsburgh). Spiller is one of the most electrifying backs in the league, and I expect him to return to his 2012 form next year. Freddy is heart and soul. AW and BYRD in the back with GILMORE, MCKELVIN, and ROBEY. WILLIAMS, WILLIAMS, and MARCELL up front. KIKO ALONSO. My excitement is through the roof for the upcoming seasons.

In the words of the famous rock band HE " Same as it ever was" I hope there is change on the horizon & do see improvement in our D but the offense has taken a step backwards & there is a good chance that we finish with a worse record than last season .

So if we have to fight to get back to where we were with what most Bills fans thought was a terrible coaching staff under Gailey & company then is it really progress?