2014 Draft Defensive Line

ColdBlueNorth

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Moats and Bradham are terrible. Neither of them is NFL material. They don't have the athleticism or instincts to make an impact. Kiko has had a good year, but he looks much better in space when running players down, than filling holes near the line because he lacks bulk. Adding another stout LB and bulking Kiko up some are very important for our D this offseason. As for the D line, at times it is solid against the run, but has had far too many breakdowns. I would like to see some more bulk in the middle. Dareus and K Williams still get pushed around at times. Stopping the run has to become a top priority for this team moving forward.

I guess I agree vis a via Moats. Bradham is young and can hit. AND, Bradham has speed.......I watched the replay of the TB 80 yard run for a TD in the first quarter of the game. Byrd and Bradham in pursuit, next to each other. Bradham not only caught, he passed Byrd in the protracted run down effort (futile of course) Having seen that, either Bradham can really motor, or Byrd is really slow....take your pick. And, yes, Kiko needs to muscle up some. He has a big frame, and 10 lbs would do wonders for his ability to play with the big boys inside. He needs to keep his speed though Edited by bigK14094

I'm fine with Kiko's size, I don't think that's really been an issue. Even the best LBs in the world miss tackles sometimes. His only real "issue" as far as I'm concerned is that he's a rookie and he guesses wrong more often than I'd like... but really he's already way better than what we've had in recent years.

biggest needs in order of impact:

#1- FRANCHISE QB ( EJ is not that guy)

#2- RT (move pears to LG)

#3- DT ( move Dareus to DE)

#4- TE (weakest unit on team)

#5- OLB ( moats and bradham stink)

I think our biggest needs are:

1) QB - Either EJ develops, or we need a new guy

2) OLB

3) LG

4) TE

5) WR - TJ needs to go

If you think the Bills are going to and/or should use their first pick on a QB, you're both insane/going to be sorely disappointed.

You would think that missing on LBs named "Tank" and "Nigel" in the same draft would be impossible.

Actually an excellent point. Shame Tank was such a rampant racist/homophobe.

If you think the Bills are going to and/or should use their first pick on a QB, you're both insane/going to be sorely disappointed.

Actually an excellent point. Shame Tank was such a rampant racist/homophobe.

i do NOT think a franchise QB will be available when we pick at 10th. i'm just stating what needs will make the biggest impact to win more games. example a WR will have next to ZERO impact on winning more games with EJ as QB.

i do NOT think a franchise QB will be available when we pick at 10th. i'm just stating what needs will make the biggest impact to win more games. example a WR will have next to ZERO impact on winning more games with EJ as QB.

This assuming EJ makes zero progress in the offseason. Fine, take the "show me the baby" approach. It's the "realistic" one, I get it. But it's a pretty bold assumption that EJ won't improve a lick from now until September.

Moats and Bradham are terrible. Neither of them is NFL material. They don't have the athleticism or instincts to make an impact. Kiko has had a good year, but he looks much better in space when running players down, than filling holes near the line because he lacks bulk. Adding another stout LB and bulking Kiko up some are very important for our D this offseason. As for the D line, at times it is solid against the run, but has had far too many breakdowns. I would like to see some more bulk in the middle. Dareus and K Williams still get pushed around at times. Stopping the run has to become a top priority for this team moving forward.

i disagree on Moats...he's actually a very good tackler and can play the "thumper" role in a 3-4 part-time. He's not a full-time starter though; I agree that it's a spot that requires an upgrade.

My ideal player to put next to Kiko and Lawson is Khalil Mack...he has it all: quickness to rush the passer, fluidity to cover, athleticism to play sideline-to-sideline, and he's a smart kid.

I'm not as worried about DT, as I think an NFL off-season will really help guys like Stefan Charles and Corbin Bryant improve...and I really hope to see both Branch and Carrington return; that would be a very deep, very talented DL.

i disagree on Moats...he's actually a very good tackler and can play the "thumper" role in a 3-4 part-time. He's not a full-time starter though; I agree that it's a spot that requires an upgrade.

My ideal player to put next to Kiko and Lawson is Khalil Mack...he has it all: quickness to rush the passer, fluidity to cover, athleticism to play sideline-to-sideline, and he's a smart kid.

I'm not as worried about DT, as I think an NFL off-season will really help guys like Stefan Charles and Corbin Bryant improve...and I really hope to see both Branch and Carrington return; that would be a very deep, very talented DL.

for someone who's heard plenty about mack, but never seen him play, two questions:

1. Does he play standing up?
  2. Will he be there in the 10-12 range?

If the answer to either of these questions is no...

for someone who's heard plenty about mack, but never seen him play, two questions:

1. Does he play standing up?

2. Will he be there in the 10-12 range?

If the answer to either of these questions is no...

1. Yes...not exclusively though, which I like. He can play in 2-point or 3-point without much of a change in get-off.

2. I'll go with probably...looking at it positionally, I think there's a pretty good chance that the first OLB/DEs off the board will be Anthony Barr and Kyle Van Noy...Mack is probably right behind them. I think you'd be fortunate to land him at 10, but I'd call it 50/50 that he'll be there. Of course, this could all change with off-season workouts, when GMs get to see him in person.

1. Yes...not exclusively though, which I like. He can play in 2-point or 3-point without much of a change in get-off.

2. I'll go with probably...looking at it positionally, I think there's a pretty good chance that the first OLB/DEs off the board will be Anthony Barr and Kyle Van Noy...Mack is probably right behind them. I think you'd be fortunate to land him at 10, but I'd call it 50/50 that he'll be there. Of course, this could all change with off-season workouts, when GMs get to see him in person.

Got it, thanks.

What is going to be pain to hear come May is that Johnny Manziel will be there at #10 the Bills will pass (hopefully for his teammate Mike Evans) and this board will never stop mentioning how the Bills passed on Manziel.

I'm fine with Kiko's size, I don't think that's really been an issue. Even the best LBs in the world miss tackles sometimes. His only real "issue" as far as I'm concerned is that he's a rookie and he guesses wrong more often than I'd like... but really he's already way better than what we've had in recent years.

His strength is that he's a high motor guy who flies all over the field with reckless abandon.

His weakness is that he lacks physical strength and gets overpowered at the point of attack with great regularity. That and he's not a very good tackler. Maybe not the worst tackler, but there's definitely a lot of room for improvement. Hopefully an off season in the weight room and some coaching can fix that. If so he could be a real force. If not he needs some solid run stoppers playing around him.

I would like to give that guy we got from Canada more burn and see what we got there.......

Give me another middle backer to help out Kiko....I think our D line is fine especially if we can resign our free agents.

Kiko plays MLB with 4 down lineman 90% of the time. However you want to call the Hybrid. There are 4 dudes at the line of scrimmage most of the time.

Kiko doesn't come off the field either. So how does another MLB help?

We need to upgrade Moats and Bradham. If that's what you mean then I agree.

I would like to give that guy we got from Canada more burn and see what we got there.......

Give me another middle backer to help out Kiko....I think our D line is fine especially if we can resign our free agents.

Someone posted earlier today that Charles might have been singularly responsible for the shouldabeen TD turned fumble. So there's that.

Kiko plays MLB with 4 down lineman 90% of the time. However you want to call the Hybrid. There are 4 dudes at the line of scrimmage most of the time.

Kiko doesn't come off the field either. So how does another MLB help?

We need to upgrade Moats and Bradham. If that's what you mean then I agree.

Thats what I meant