biggest needs in order of impact:

#1- FRANCHISE QB ( EJ is not that guy)

#2- RT (move pears to LG)

#3- DT ( move Dareus to DE)

#4- TE (weakest unit on team)

#5- OLB ( moats and bradham stink)

How is WR not on your list?

and yes TE is weakest unit on the team.

I like Robert Woods and Goodwin has nice speed/upside, Stevie is Stevie but none of them are game changers or threats at WR. Most Defensive Coordinates will game plan to let them get their catches but shut down Spiller and Jackson both run and catches out of the Backfield.

You add a field stretching, hard to tackle big man like Mike Evans, and if he can transition to the NFL that is a weapon you have to game plan. Plus his presence just opens up the field for the speedsters and Stevie can do his thing underneath.

If Evans runs a sub 4.5 40 (which is unlikely) he is worth a Top 10 pick. If he runs a ~4.52 like he is reported to have run in college (which is a still unlikely) he is an easy first rounder. If he blows the combine and runs a 40 over 4.55 which could happen, then a lot of concerns about gaining separation in the NFL will be raised. If Mike Evans runs a 4.51 like Robert Woods ran then he is worth a Top 10 pick easily for the Bills and could make a huge impact on the offense. Just to be clear we're talking about a guy that is 6'5" ~230 with glue for hands in college. That has bailed out Johnny Football dozens of times by catching jump balls that had no business being thrown at all.

Edited by Why So Serious?

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is WR not on your list?

and yes TE is weakest unit on the team.

I like Robert Woods and Goodwin has nice speed/upside, Stevie is Stevie but none of them are game changers or threats at WR. Most Defensive Coordinates will game plan to let them get their catches but shut down Spiller and Jackson both run and catches out of the Backfield.

You add a field stretching, hard to tackle big man like Mike Evans, and if he can transition to the NFL that is a weapon you have to game plan. Plus his presence just opens up the field for the speedsters and Stevie can do his thing underneath.

If Evans runs a sub 4.5 40 (which is unlikely) he is worth a Top 10 pick. If he runs a ~4.52 like he is reported to have run in college (which is a still unlikely) he is an easy first rounder. If he blows the combine and runs a 40 over 4.55 which could happen, then a lot of concerns about gaining separation in the NFL will be raised. If Mike Evans runs a 4.51 like Robert Woods ran then he is worth a Top 10 pick easily for the Bills and could make a huge impact on the offense. Just to be clear we're talking about a guy that is 6'5" ~230 with glue for hands in college. That has bailed out Johnny Football dozens of times by catching jump balls that had no business being thrown at all.

http://youtu.be/wl2OfgKbEBs

i do think we need an upgrade at WR.....but what is the WAR value (wins above replacement)

pick any WR in the league you like.....megatron, aj green etc....add that player to this team right now and how many more games do we win ?.....my answer is NONE (maybe one).

because the same mediocre QB will be throwing behing the same mediocre line.

pick any QB in the league you like.....manning, rodgers etc....add that player to this team right now and how many more games do we win ?.....my answer is FIVE

i do think we need an upgrade at WR.....but what is the WAR value (wins above replacement)

pick any WR in the league you like.....megatron, aj green etc....add that player to this team right now and how many more games do we win ?.....my answer is NONE (maybe one).

because the same mediocre QB will be throwing behing the same mediocre line.

pick any QB in the league you like.....manning, rodgers etc....add that player to this team right now and how many more games do we win ?.....my answer is FIVE

Listen I get the QB talk in the first round. No team has drafted a QB in the first round in back to back years. I'm not sold on Manuel either but you have to be delusional to entertain the idea that the Bills will draft a QB in the first in 2014.

So putting aside silly fantasies that won't happen, what do you in reality think will happen with the 2014 first?

I don't agree with your WAR at all. AJ Green and Julio Jones are two prime examples. Andy Dalton is not a great QB but the Bungals were in line to capture the AFC North.

As much as I'm not sold on Manuel I don't think he will be worse than Dalton. Look at what happened to the ATL offense when Julio Jones went down.

If the Bills beat Miami at home they're only 3 wins out of the playoffs. I think Mike Evans gives you a solid 2 WAR. Especially given the talent around him. Now Goodwin gets singled with less chance of Safety help. Now you can't load the box on for Spiller and Freddy and its not as easy to Shadow them out of the backfield because you have to worry about a receiver like Evans getting open and destroying you.

So I hear you on QB but I think you're underestimating the value of big WR like AJ Green, Julio Jones or hopefully the Bills first round pick in 2014, Mike Evans.

Edited by Why So Serious?

His strength is that he's a high motor guy who flies all over the field with reckless abandon.

His weakness is that he lacks physical strength and gets overpowered at the point of attack with great regularity. That and he's not a very good tackler. Maybe not the worst tackler, but there's definitely a lot of room for improvement. Hopefully an off season in the weight room and some coaching can fix that. If so he could be a real force. If not he needs some solid run stoppers playing around him.

WTF do you mean "room for improvement." So now Kiko sucks too? You're unbelievable. Let me tell you something mother !@#$er, his stat sheet shows he has a lot of tackles. That means his technic is flawless. Not only that, he's a legend. Chuck Norris apologizes when he bumps into Kiko. The boogie man has nightmares about him. Don't you !@#$ing dare insinuate that our porous run D is in any way attributable to our MLB. God, you negative nancy's are down on everyone.

WTF do you mean "room for improvement." So now Kiko sucks too? You're unbelievable. Let me tell you something mother !@#$er, his stat sheet shows he has a lot of tackles. That means his technic is flawless. Not only that, he's a legend. Chuck Norris apologizes when he bumps into Kiko. The boogie man has nightmares about him. Don't you !@#$ing dare insinuate that our porous run D is in any way attributable to our MLB. God, you negative nancy's are down on everyone.

Yes, because that's exactly what we all said...exactly.

You really do know how to straw man don't you?

His strength is that he's a high motor guy who flies all over the field with reckless abandon.

His weakness is that he lacks physical strength and gets overpowered at the point of attack with great regularity. That and he's not a very good tackler. Maybe not the worst tackler, but there's definitely a lot of room for improvement. Hopefully an off season in the weight room and some coaching can fix that. If so he could be a real force. If not he needs some solid run stoppers playing around him.

Rob and his House appear to be arguing with themselves.

Yes, because that's exactly what we all said...exactly.

You really do know how to straw man don't you?

Lighten up, dude. Hyperbole was the point. Besides, it's honestly not too far off the mark.

STOP MAKING FUN OF US!!! :angry:

Lighten up, dude. Hyperbole was the point. Besides, it's honestly not too far off the mark.

If that's what you think, then you simply weren't listening.

It stems from a shoutbox conversation in which a few of us stated that Kiko's areas for improvement were more in the realm of over-pursuit & gap responsibility, and not in the arena of tackling (which he's very good at).

Rob kind of went nuts after that and told us all we don't actually watch the games.

Still need one more stud LB, and maybe a safety if Byrd leaves. DL is set for this year, imo. If we are talking line, look at the other side of the ball, in particular LG.

yup. and a big target with great hands for EJ. TE or WR I don't care which, but we need to take the biggest pass catching stud we can get in the first two rounds.

Wait...You are so upset at yourself for making a questionable assessment of a player that you are now arguing with yourself?

Edited by Turbosrrgood

It stems from a shoutbox conversation in which a few of us stated that Kiko's areas for improvement were more in the realm of over-pursuit & gap responsibility, and not in the arena of tackling (which he's very good at).

Rob kind of went nuts after that and told us all we don't actually watch the games.

That's not quite how it happened, but whatever. The point is, you watching football is like a white guy listening to Gladys Knight & the Pimps.

You always know a guy is grasping at straws when he abandons his "football" argument and resorts to slurs and taunts.

Oh my...I just realized he called them "the Pimps"...HAHAHAHAHAHA

That's not quite how it happened, but whatever. The point is, you watching football is like a white guy listening to Gladys Knight & the Pimps.

Let me help you out there, Rob

You guys are really stiff. Y'all should go hang out with warwow at the Humorless Cafe.

Gotta love the "I'm just joking" defense...gets a guy out of everything.