Why is Graham used more than Goodwin?

Jerry Jabber

I love the idea of EJ as our franchise QB but, now that he is hurt and Thad is starting, I bet Graham has one of his better games of the season. Don't believe me? Just watch!

Thad absolutely spreads the ball around . both to the left and right , and then deep.

Go Thaddeus !

I bet he plays well enough to create controversy amongst fans before the game is over.

Should be fun to listen to on the radio !!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thad absolutely spreads the ball around . both to the left and right , and then deep.

Go Thaddeus !

I bet he plays well enough to create controversy amongst fans before the game is over.

I remember the preseason game where Tuel played great and fans were calling into WGR550 and wanted to know why Tuel wasn't given a chance to become the Bills starting QB.

With one argument about Graham being "he drops passes" vs. "He's open but not getting the ball," I decided to

look at receptions against targets for each receiver on the team:

T. J. Graham 18 (recs) 46 (targets) = 39% (success)

M. Goodwin 16 30 = 53%

S. Johnson 52 100 = 52%

R. Woods 36 75 = 48%

This season T.J. is only completing 39% of the plays thrown to him while the other 3 are all hovering around 50%

Of course, this doesn't take into account the QB's throw, but over enough throws, you would think each receiver gets his share

of good and bad throws.

And again to compare Graham and Goodwin, T.J. with 16 more targets has exactly 2 recs and 11 yards more than Goodwin (and yet 2 fewer TDs).

Goodwin should be getting more time and targets than Graham going forward and I think we'll start seeing that these last two games

and on into next year.

And Marquise can fly btw (just look at my avatar).

are they counting targets as balls thrown to him at all - like bad passes or int's. Also, are they counting bad passes as drops. I hate how WR stats are kept.

A good example is SJ13. He has a bunch of 8 yard receptions and won't get any YAC and he will drop half of anything thrown over 12 yards.

Interesting stats nonetheless

are they counting targets as balls thrown to him at all - like bad passes or int's. Also, are they counting bad passes as drops. I hate how WR stats are kept.

A good example is SJ13. He has a bunch of 8 yard receptions and won't get any YAC and he will drop half of anything thrown over 12 yards.

Interesting stats nonetheless

Re: bolded -- I love that a guy who constantly says that everyone is unfair to TJ Graham can also uncork a statement as ridiculous as that.

Re: bolded -- I love that a guy who constantly says that everyone is unfair to TJ Graham can also uncork a statement as ridiculous as that.

why? Because its the truth?

SJ13 is one of the best WR's in the game. His style cannot be compared to any one else's. Flat out football WR Johnson is among the best. As a player his style is unique. He runs improvised routes and finds space. When he is hit he doesn't take the aggressive moves to get more yardage and instead protects the body. That is smart. His style of play is grossly misunderstood but to think what I said could be taken as negative then clearly I did not emphasize enough how special he is.

Go Thaddeus !

I root for Thad, but not the controversy.

I like what he brings to the team, and I like the way he handled his presser, and I like to see us beat the Dolphins.

I remember the preseason game where Tuel played great and fans were calling into WGR550 and wanted to know why Tuel wasn't given a chance to become the Bills starting QB.

The game is blacked out . So i will be listening to WGR !

I hope for no controversy either. But you know how we Fans can be...

I like Thad as a back up too but if you take the Cleveland game out, did he look that much better than Tuel?

I like Thad as a back up too but if you take the Cleveland game out, did he look that much better than Tuel?

so let us all take Thad and put him in GB or Houston where he would be starting. Would he gave those teams more sucxes or would he had Tommy Maddox'd?

Your point is?

my question?

That's easy. How good of a backup is Thad Lewis? Is he a journeymen dime a dozen or is he an off the bench closer? I wonder what others think on how good he is. What he would do in other systems on other teams, as a backup

my question?

That's easy. How good of a backup is Thad Lewis? Is he a journeymen dime a dozen or is he an off the bench closer? I wonder what others think on how good he is. What he would do in other systems on other teams, as a backup

Oh ok. That's fair. I thought you were saying something else.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!........That's a good one!!!!!!!!!!!

Sadly, he is the best QB on the team @ present.

few WR can do more against a DB then Johnson. He can get physical. He can juke and move. He can lose them in coverage and slip seams. He is not great at catching but at the WR position, he is very good and am elite WR.

few WR can do more against a DB then Johnson. He can get physical. He can juke and move. He can lose them in coverage and slip seams. He is not great at catching but at the WR position, he is very good and am elite WR.

Isn't that what a WR is for? Catching the football? Yeah blocking too, but catching is what it's all about for WRs.

Isn't that what a WR is for? Catching the football? Yeah blocking too, but catching is what it's all about for WRs.

Coach Marrone says Stevie gets squeezed often. The other teams are still giving enough respect to him , even if some of us fans are, not, so much

I think that term is used for the slot receiver patterns he runs now.

We would get off his back if he just do the possession receiver thing. is my guess. Pull the ball in and put it away. I dont mind if he goes down after beating the marker .

I see your posts are as obnoxious as your avatar. Haven't seen you around in a while. Can't say I've missed you.

Olde friends i assume ?

I do enjoy these reunions and the happy and fun dialogue that ensues. I really do.

Before we begin . I will cracking beers for Robs House . I am taking sides .

and

GO!

Olde friends i assume ?

I do enjoy these reunions and the happy and fun dialogue that ensues. I really do.

Before we begin . I will cracking beers for Robs House . I am taking sides .

and

GO!

I appreciate your support, but no, he and I aren't friends. I've just always found it annoying when people bring politics to the main board, and he seemed pretty obnoxious anyway so I thought I'd call him out.