Offense is better when we open things up

Yeezus

These coaches are clueless

Shortening the offense for Manuel is only hurting him, because it makes it so much easier for the defense to predict our plays.

Have you ever noticed how the offense starts clicking when we are driving down the field in need of a TD? Also, we need EJ under center more, and need to be running under center. Those shotgun runs are awful, and don't even mention the read option.

Just a thought.

Shortening the offense for Manuel is only hurting him, because it makes it so much easier for the defense to predict our plays.

Have you ever noticed how the offense starts clicking when we are driving down the field in need of a TD? Also, we need EJ under center more, and need to be running under center. Those shotgun runs are awful, and don't even mention the read option.

Just a thought.

Been saying EJ should be under center n the shotgun run has been awful all year but Hackett continues to force it rather then coach to his players strengths

He was trying so hard to aim/place the ball in the first Q. Was so painful to watch……when he was in the zone…..his feet, the delivery and the ball flight looked so much smoother.

I think EJ should start playing an imaginary quarter before the game, where he can stink up all he wants. When he gets into the real 1st quarter, he would be warmed up and play better. Seriously, the Bills needs to run better on 1st down rather than the 0 or 1 yard crap. If they did that, then it allows for play action and also for the safeties to back off.

And give him a legit running attack. CJ's duds on first down are killing the Bills offense. Is the problem the O-line or is CJ still not 100%?

That's because on 1st down, with CJ in there, they run 90% of the time. It would take a moron to not be able to defense that!

And give him a legit running attack. CJ's duds on first down are killing the Bills offense. Is the problem the O-line or is CJ still not 100%?

its a problem with both of those issues AND the fact that we run every single first down - I understand you must establish the run - but the coaching staff must also understand how incredibly predictable it makes the offense, its OK to throw on first down and run on second down - thats legal in the NFL

its a problem with both of those issues AND the fact that we run every single first down - I understand you must establish the run - but the coaching staff must also understand how incredibly predictable it makes the offense, its OK to throw on first down and run on second down - thats legal in the NFL

We actually started to pass more on 1st down later in the game. The big drive at the end had EJ throwing on first down, but I agree CJ is not meant to run out of the gun. The angles he takes are wrong and he doesnt keep his shoulders square to the line of scrimmage.

I like EJ under center as long as he can play action and keep the linebackers up. Our deep play (when TJ and Marquise are out there) always has him under center. I think it is to give the WR more time to showcase their speed. Speaking of which, Is Graham good as gone or what. Such a finesse WR. Not cutting it.

Just a thought.

That's a partially good thought. In short, spreading the field and running an up-tempo offense is the way to go - which also makes CJ far, far more effective - but that approach relies heavily upon good, quick decision-making by the QB. Combine that with some forward-thinking tactics (e.g. understanding when we should be going-for-it on 4th down instead of <cringe> punting, when we should be running it out of the endzone on kickoffs and taking advantage of the upside opportunity for breaking a huge play instead of the 1940s "play it safe and take it on the 20" approach) and we'll get somewhere. EJ just doesn't quite have the chops yet to run that offense successfully.

Dare I say some of Chan's ideas in this regard were pretty good, but we lacked the right personnel to run it then too.

Spiller so far in his career rips off some nice long runs, but a lot more of his runs are for little or no gain. It's not a matter of him being hurt, but rather just a fact of life for a scat-back. Hackett not realizing this is far more puzzling.

Edited by CodeMonkey