Stevie Johnson: stay or go

The Big Cat

Another hash to settle  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Bills sever ties with Stevie? (cut/trade)

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Andre Johnson, with his age and injury history?

I guess like everything it depends on the price. My top priority in terms of spending would be to keep Byrd. Johnson's injury history does scare me, but he'd be a good 1-2 year gap while Woods, Goodwin and our draft pick develop.

Don't laugh. Can anyone really see the Bills winning the Super Bowl with Stevie Johnson as a reciever?

Could you see them winning one with Andre Reed as a receiver? Could you see the patriots winning one with Troy Brown as their number one receiver?

How many of the uber elite receivers have won a championship in the last 15 years?

So I guess I would say yes I can imagine that because it doesnt take an elite WR to win the Super Bowl.

Don't laugh. Can anyone really see the Bills winning the Super Bowl with Stevie Johnson as a reciever?

Actually yes. For the first 55 minutes of the game Stevie is a an elite possession WR - that's right, I said it. But if I'm trying to win a SB with him I want to have a Robert Horry on the team to take the game winning shot.

Based on the 2 options available, I had to vote no. I don’t see any benefit to just cutting or trading him this offseason. As I said last year with regards to Fitz, find his replacement first and then move on. Don’t cut him and then try to find a replacement, especially with our draft history. I am all for finding someone better and then getting rid of SJ13. Regardless of production, how much he is getting paid is completely irrelevant to me until we reach a point where lack of available cap money is actually holding us back. He is a pretty good #2/slot receiver but I think both Woods and Goodwin are as well and have more upside. The only way I’d be on board with dumping SJ13 this offseason would be if we can find that big, prototypical #1 WR. I just don’t see how getting rid of SJ13 and replacing him with an unknown that could end up being like TJ, Easley, Hardy or any of the other WRs we drafted in the 1st few rounds makes this team better.

After reading what the cap space was next year for Stevie, I have to ask about metrics. If we are going to have cap issues I have to ask about Stevie VS Byrd. I think Byrd makes a better choice for using valuable cap space than Stevie. Not that I dislike Stevie, it is just about choices, dollars and value.

Yes, but only if they trade him for something of value, at least a 3rd round pick. I hate the idea of letting a proven useful player go for a pittance and wasting an asset in replacing him, which the Bills have done too much, but I think it's time for Stevie to annoy another team. There's always something with Stevie and it's just not working here. He may be better off on another team where he's not such a focal point.

After reading what the cap space was next year for Stevie, I have to ask about metrics.

They don't save much since Stevie has ~$13M in dead money over the next 3 years if they decide to release him prior to his March bonus.

No.

Some fans/posters are going to want to keep almost EVERY player the Bills have, no matter what.

People even wanted to keep Kelsay, which I still can't believe, but people latch unto players and can't let go.

Easily. I just don't want to see him suit up for the fins or jets.

49ers w Stevie and Crabtree is something. Same w panthers.

Can stay with Bills for another 5 years as quality 2 is the play imo.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Some fans/posters are going to want to keep almost EVERY player the Bills have, no matter what.

People even wanted to keep Kelsay, which I still can't believe, but people latch unto players and can't let go.

I generally have no problem cutting ties the moment I no longer believe someone is a part of "what makes the Bills good." This includes Kelsay and guy like Fred (in the event he reaches that point). But I do get why guys like Kelsay and Fred are latched onto...I get it...but Stevie is not one of those guys. No reason to latch onto Stevie.

I generally have no problem cutting ties the moment I no longer believe someone is a part of "what makes the Bills good." This includes Kelsay and guy like Fred (in the event he reaches that point). But I do get why guys like Kelsay and Fred are latched onto...I get it...but Stevie is not one of those guys. No reason to latch onto Stevie.

Says the 40 percenter! SJ all day. Time to atone.