Godzilla Trailer

Mark Vader

Though I don't expect every monster movie to be an exploration of the themes of death and rebirth like The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms, or of the soullessness of modernization as in Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla, or to deeply probe the nuances of sibling rivalry like War of the Gargantuas...dammit, it's just not a Godzilla movie without a Japanese guy fighting off heatstroke in a rubber suit!

Though I don't expect every monster movie to be an exploration of the themes of death and rebirth like The Beast From 20,000 Fathoms, or of the soullessness of modernization as in Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla, or to deeply probe the nuances of sibling rivalry like War of the Gargantuas...dammit, it's just not a Godzilla movie without a Japanese guy fighting off heatstroke in a rubber suit!

Interesting point.

I think the potential for this movie is huge.

This trailer gives you the sense that this is being treated as a disaster movie, instead of a B-movie monster flick.

Hate to disagree but who cares. Another remake of anything is not that appealing to me.

The director and cast seem to be all no names except Cranston who seems to be only a minor part.

Also, they keep treating Godzilla like cloverfield and barely showing the giant CGI atrocity of a creature.

I will pass on this until it am forced to watch it on an international flight as my only source of entertainment.

The version with Matthew Broderick sucked. I was pulling for Godzilla in that one. The best part is the producers kept the classic sound godzilla made in those cornball movies of the 60's and 70's. Gotta love that. Also, am I the only one who doesn't like to see Godzilla get hurt or killed. I hope he escapes unscathed in the end.

I've always wanted to see a Godzilla movie that was done with a big budget without changing the look or the legend of the creature like that horrible 1998 version did. I have the english-dubbed 'Godzilla 2000' at home (just watched it a couple weeks ago), and it was pretty decent. it was still a guy in a rubber suit, but they seem to have been either shamed or inspired by the 1998 american attempt, because they stepped up the effects a couple of notches (but not too much......I have yet to see a japanese godzilla blink). I think this movie has a lot of potential with special effect technology being what it is nowadays, provided they don't get ridiculous with the story. and maybe the BOC song will make it into the soundtrack....I've always been a huge Blue Oyster Cult fan.

The version with Matthew Broderick sucked. I was pulling for Godzilla in that one. The best part is the producers kept the classic sound godzilla made in those cornball movies of the 60's and 70's. Gotta love that. Also, am I the only one who doesn't like to see Godzilla get hurt or killed. I hope he escapes unscathed in the end.

I hated that remake. I was also rooting for godzilla.

But this trailer looks interesting. I will keep tabs on this movie

Hate to disagree but who cares. Another remake of anything is not that appealing to me.

The director and cast seem to be all no names except Cranston who seems to be only a minor part.

Also, they keep treating Godzilla like cloverfield and barely showing the giant CGI atrocity of a creature.

I will pass on this until it am forced to watch it on an international flight as my only source of entertainment.

If it's not your thing fine.

Yes the director is not a big name, his only directing credit was a small film called "Monsters", which was a good movie.

And while the actors may not be stars, they are not no-names, in fact they are real actors. David Strathairn, Elizabeth Olson, Aaron Taylor-Johnson, Juliette Binnoche, Sally Hawkins & Ken Watanabe. That is an impressive cast.

As for them barely showing Godzilla, this is just a trailer. They aren't going to show Godzilla in his full glory right now. That's how they build anticipation and excitement.

I've always wanted to see a Godzilla movie that was done with a big budget without changing the look or the legend of the creature like that horrible 1998 version did. I have the english-dubbed 'Godzilla 2000' at home (just watched it a couple weeks ago), and it was pretty decent. it was still a guy in a rubber suit, but they seem to have been either shamed or inspired by the 1998 american attempt, because they stepped up the effects a couple of notches (but not too much......I have yet to see a japanese godzilla blink). I think this movie has a lot of potential with special effect technology being what it is nowadays, provided they don't get ridiculous with the story. and maybe the BOC song will make it into the soundtrack....I've always been a huge Blue Oyster Cult fan.

Awhile back I watched every Godzilla movie ever made, and in chronological order. It was great.

If you get a chance to, check out all the Godzilla movies made from 1989-2004. They are very entertaining.

The ones that I highly recommend are:

Godzilla Vs. King Ghidorah 1991

Godzilla Vs. Mechagodzilla II 1993

Godzilla Vs. Destoroyah 1995

Godzilla, Mothra & King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack 2001

Godzilla: Final Wars 2004

The whole series in the 90's do tie in together, so you will want to see them all, and the Millennium series has a good pair of movies involving Godzilla & Mechagodzilla.

I just found the ones I listed above to be at the top of the market.

these people are kinder in their analysis of the movie than I am :)

Awhile back I watched every Godzilla movie ever made, and in chronological order. It was great.

If you get a chance to, check out all the Godzilla movies made from 1989-2004. They are very entertaining.

The ones that I highly recommend are:

Godzilla Vs. King Ghidorah 1991

Godzilla Vs. Mechagodzilla II 1993

Godzilla Vs. Destoroyah 1995

Godzilla, Mothra & King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack 2001

Godzilla: Final Wars 2004

The whole series in the 90's do tie in together, so you will want to see them all, and the Millennium series has a good pair of movies involving Godzilla & Mechagodzilla.

I just found the ones I listed above to be at the top of the market.

I've seen most, if not all of them, but I'll make a note and try to track them down since all I own at home is Godzilla 2000 and a 2-disc DVD of both the original Gojira and the american version with Raymond Burr. thanks!

when I was very young, I talked my parents into taking me to the drive-in to see King Kong versus Godzilla, which I thought was amazing at the time. I happened to see it a decade or so ago and thought it was the most godawful piece of crap I'd ever seen :D

Edited by Azalin

Ultraman! when channel 29 first went on the air they used to show Ultraman as part of their weekday line up. even as a kid it seemed really, really cheesy, but there's enough of a nostalgia factor that I'd probably enjoy seeing one or two episodes nowadays.

I wish I could like movies like this but Hollywood has shown time and time again that they don't care about any kind of substance. Special effects aren't special anymore, technology has made it so even smaller budget movies can incorporate them. Give me something with dialog and a solid plot that minimizes explosions and firefights. I know I'm judging Godzilla without seeing it but Hollywood broke my spirit with the Superman reboot, God that was disappointing. It was like watching 10 pounds of sausage being stuffed into a 5 pound bag.

I wish I could like movies like this but Hollywood has shown time and time again that they don't care about any kind of substance. Special effects aren't special anymore, technology has made it so even smaller budget movies can incorporate them. Give me something with dialog and a solid plot that minimizes explosions and firefights. I know I'm judging Godzilla without seeing it but Hollywood broke my spirit with the Superman reboot, God that was disappointing. It was like watching 10 pounds of sausage being stuffed into a 5 pound bag.

First of all, which Superman reboot are you referring to? "Superman Returns" or "Man of Steel"?

Secondly, you are correct about Hollywood when it comes to substance, but they do still make entertaining movies, you just have to find the right ones.

Third, before you write off this reboot of Godzilla, I strongly suggest you check out a small movie called "Monsters". It came out in 2010 and was directed by Gareth Edwards, the same director in charge of the upcoming Godzilla movie. I think that Warner Bros. picked the right man for the job. If you watch "Monsters" you might be more inclined to see Godzilla.