Godzilla Trailer

Mark Vader

First of all, which Superman reboot are you referring to? "Superman Returns" or "Man of Steel"?

Secondly, you are correct about Hollywood when it comes to substance, but they do still make entertaining movies, you just have to find the right ones.

Third, before you write off this reboot of Godzilla, I strongly suggest you check out a small movie called "Monsters". It came out in 2010 and was directed by Gareth Edwards, the same director in charge of the upcoming Godzilla movie. I think that Warner Bros. picked the right man for the job. If you watch "Monsters" you might be more inclined to see Godzilla.

Man of steel, although Superman returns wasn't all that great either. Man of steel though wanted to tell so much and be action packed too. It seriously could've been a 2 parter. They spent too much time on Krypton, then showed flashbacks of him growing up, then how he builds a relationship w Lois, then Zods impact on humanity, then his confrontation with Zod, then him settling in as Clark. Waaaaay too much for a 2.5 hour movie substance wise and then to throw in some battle sequences and you have an overstuffed sausage leaking at the seams.

I really wanted to like it but it was a soup sandwich.

Third, before you write off this reboot of Godzilla, I strongly suggest you check out a small movie called "Monsters". It came out in 2010 and was directed by Gareth Edwards, the same director in charge of the upcoming Godzilla movie. I think that Warner Bros. picked the right man for the job. If you watch "Monsters" you might be more inclined to see Godzilla.

as far as I'm concerned, all you really need for a good Godzilla movie is a Godzilla modeled after the original....same basic look, sound, demeanor, radioactive-based abilities, and preferably a credible antagonist (aside from an impotent military). remember, the original Godzilla was not only impervious to nuclear explosions & radiation, they actually increased his strength. if you can stick true to the original concept while using good actors and good cgi, then it's an automatic winner in my book.

No, that was to defeat the Cloverfield monster. Completely different.

Haha. Good one. :thumbsup:

I thought Pacific Rim was an outstanding movie. I loved that the world saw gigantic monsters coming out of the ocean and our response was building even bigger nuclear powered robots to punch them in the face and then throwing the equivalent of a paper bag of crap on fire on the alien homeworld front porch, just for good measure.

When you think about alien vs. human movies, we take invasions and aliens *so* personally. Whether it's V or Independance Day, our response is usually hilariously personal and brutal.

I think Navy SEALs jumping into NYC is a timid response, considering.

Haha. Good one. :thumbsup:

I thought Pacific Rim was an outstanding movie. I loved that the world saw gigantic monsters coming out of the ocean and our response was building even bigger nuclear powered robots to punch them in the face and then throwing the equivalent of a paper bag of crap on fire on the alien homeworld front porch, just for good measure.

When you think about alien vs. human movies, we take invasions and aliens *so* personally. Whether it's V or Independance Day, our response is usually hilariously personal and brutal.

I think Navy SEALs jumping into NYC is a timid response, considering.

True, but in "War of the Worlds" our reaction was justified.

• 2 months later...

Thank you for getting this up.

Can not wait for this to come out. This movie will rock.

Very glad to see that the filmmakers are not afraid to show Godzilla during the daytime, for risk of the visual effects not looking as impressive.

Interesting that they use 1954 as subtext, so as not to make this movie an origin story.

Bring it on!

Excited for this we will have to see if my wife is willing to go. We saw pacific rim finally on on demand and she really liked it. Let's see if I can get her to the theater on this one.

Show her the trailer and I'm sure she'll be excited to see it.