SEC championship game

NoSaint

I can't (and won't) argue that their schedule hasn't been the strongest but going undefeated for 2 straight years deserves a chance to play for the national championship. Of course as I type this it is tied 17-17 in the big ten championship.

The SEC has gotten a few breaks along the way and 7 in a row is hard to argue against. I'm very happy that this is the last year of no playoff so this discussion is moot going forward. That said under the current format I wouldn't like a 1 loss team making it over 24 wins in a row.

OSU's schedule was an embarrassment it was so pathetic. They literally played no one until today. It's a shame they won't be paired with Alabama in a bowl so they could be totally humiliated.

I had to laugh at 2 ridiculous SEC homers here at work, when they told me they didn't know if Jameis Winston can handle the pressure from a "real" defense in Auburn.

I hope FSU beats them by 30+. Not because I am an FSU fan, but because I am so sick of the SEC. And if Auburn rolls out that defense they had on Sat. they have no chance.

The SEC homers I know were talking two years ago about how A&M and Mizzou were going to be bottom feeders in their league. Hasn't quite turned out that way!

Yep - pretty funny how Mizzou never could win in the "inferior" Big 12 but in their second season in the "vaunted" SEC they are playing for the SEC title. I get all their national titles recently but can't stand their sense of entitlement and ESPN just spews it all over the place since they are in a huge money deal with the SEC. If it were up to them it seems, they would use the SEC title game as the National Championship and the rest of the conferences would just be treated like Div II.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.