The holiday song you hate the most?

JÂy RÛßeÒ

Is there any chance of having this emoticon... :angry: enhanced to have a Santa hat on for the Christmas season....

by the way, That's right, I said CHRISTMAS not Holiday :P

every time someone says "Happy Holidays" to me I respond with "Merry Christmas"

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Bruce Springsteen's rendition of "Santa Claus is Coming to Town". And I generally despise Bruce Springsteen. It's one of the biggest catch-22s in my life.

Another one: That "I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas" song by whoever the hell sings it. That makes me want to punch a baby.

For me its Dominic the donkey

Just posted in the why I love Christmas thread, so feel dirty posting here...but any song by Trans Siberia..Fezmids love for this band made me buy tickets one year....they can ruin Christmas better than Celtic Woman....and that is saying a TON!

I like their music - on their albums, but they definitely are cheesy as hell in concert.

Me too!

I still dont know what he finds so damn funny at the end when he starts laughing while singing.

idiot

That thing I said before about you having good taste. Yeah, forget it....

Why you like that song???

33 years ago tonight, I saw Bruce Springsteen for the first time. It, combined with the Bills beating the NFC Champ Rams and then dancing on the field to Talking Proud on Sunday, made it maybe the best weekend of my life.

He played that song for the first time that tour that night and the place went nuts. Same thing happened 11 years ago tonight in Pittsburgh. (He had to play it when 100s of Santa hats were thrown on stage).

I've seen him 24 more times since 12/4/80...........You said idiot at the bottom of your post.

Does that answer your question?

33 years ago tonight, I saw Bruce Springsteen for the first time. It, combined with the Bills beating the NFC Champ Rams and then dancing on the field to Talking Proud on Sunday, made it maybe the best weekend of my life.

He played that song for the first time that tour that night and the place went nuts. Same thing happened 11 years ago tonight in Pittsburgh. (He had to play it when 100s of Santa hats were thrown on stage).

I've seen him 24 more times since 12/4/80...........You said idiot at the bottom of your post.

Does that answer your question?

Fair enough.

I guess its one thing to hear a song on the radio and to actually see it done live.

My apologies

I have to admit, I don't love the song. It is more just the nostalgia and how much fun it is in concert.............But, it sure doesn't rank with Last Christmas, Wonderful Christmas Time, and other abominations.

When that song came out, I thought it was a commercial for Sibley's. It was that cheezy to think a hack wrote the jingle for a local store.

As in "Sibley's having a wonderful Christmas time" Works much better as a bad local ad.

Have..strange, that game seems like so long ago...but in many ways feels like yesterday. I would have been 17, rememebr going to that game....but i had no idea who Bruce Springsteen was...did he play the Aud?

Have..strange, that game seems like so long ago...but in many ways feels like yesterday. I would have been 17, rememebr going to that game....but i had no idea who Bruce Springsteen was...did he play the Aud?

Yup, the Aud on 12/4/80. If you went to the Brick Bar, they had a huge poster for that show up for decades (still might) and one for a Blondie concert - behind the bar.

I was 18 myself. Freshman year in college - thank you, Fr. Bob, for letting me take my test on Thursday so I could go to the concert and not have to be back on Friday!

Did you stay after the game until the Bills came back out?

Yup, the Aud on 12/4/80. If you went to the Brick Bar, they had a huge poster for that show up for decades (still might) and one for a Blondie concert - behind the bar.

I was 18 myself. Freshman year in college - thank you, Fr. Bob, for letting me take my test on Thursday so I could go to the concert and not have to be back on Friday!

Did you stay after the game until the Bills came back out?

My brother and I were there till the end brother! Remember rushing to the bar to see the highlights at 6! I am pretty sure that was a blackout game.

Also, i spent a lot of mights at the Brick...i do not remember that poster...

Edited by plenzmd1

My brother and I were there till the end brother! Remember rushing to the bar to see the highlights at 6! I am pretty sure that was a blackout game.

Also, i spent a lot of mights at the Brick...i do not remember that poster...

Not sure if it was a blackout game. I know the Steelers game two weeks before was on TV because I didn't go to that one and was home for Thanksgiving break.

The poster looked like this, but was for the Aud:

$T2eC16F,!zUE9s38-N%29gBRcHS,P0i!~~60_35.JPG