Around the league week 13

section122

There had been talk of doing a thread like this and we have a 4 o'clock start today I figured I would start.

Patriots* down 10-0!!! I would love to see a win by the texans here.

Into the second quarter of nyj-Mia game and another missed fg by Mia.... Wonder if they miss carpenter. Also geno already being booed by the home fans.

Edited by section122

There had been talk of doing a thread like this and we have a 4 o'clock start today I figured I would start.

Patriots* down 10-0!!! I would love to see a win by the texans here.

Into the second quarter of nyj-Mia game and another missed fg by Mia.... Wonder if they miss carpenter. Also geno already being booed by the home fans.

I'm hoping New England wins out so that they are resting guys week 17 in what is potentially a must win for the Bills.

I'm hoping New England wins out so that they are resting guys week 17 in what is potentially a must win for the Bills.

I'd rather they lose out and the Bills win the division at 9-7. I know it probably won't happen, but its what I'll root for until it becomes mathematically impossible.

Why? If rather beat them full strength. Also they generally don't rest their players and I couldn't see them doing it against the bills.

2 fourths and shorts for Miami and they passed on both. Worst part is they actually scored on second down but didn't challenge it.

I'd rather they lose out and the Bills win the division at 9-7. I know it probably won't happen, but its what I'll root for until it becomes mathematically impossible.

It's not going to happen so its not worth sacrificing what is realistic and most beneficial for the Bills. As far as the whole "I want to beat them at full strength" argument it is illogical. Our goal is to make it to the playoffs, not to prove to ourselves that we can beat the Pats. As far as we are all concerned we should want EVERYTHING that puts the Bills into the playoffs. I would certainly rather play Ryan Mallet than Tom Brady. Common sense says that we should all want that. You don't get extra points for beating Tom Brady.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

It's not going to happen so its not worth sacrificing what is realistic and most beneficial for the Bills. As far as the whole "I want to beat them at full strength" argument it is illogical. Our goal is to make it to the playoffs, not to prove to ourselves that we can beat the Pats. As far as we are all concerned we should want EVERYTHING that puts the Bills into the playoffs. I would certainly rather play Ryan Mallet than Tom Brady. Common sense says that we should all want that. You don't get extra points for beating Tom Brady.

It's not happening is more than likely correct but it isn't a definite. I don't see any change in the grand scheme of the playoffs to have Houston beat New England and it is certainly more enjoyable. As was said up thread until it isn't mathematically impossible that's what I'll be rooting for as well.

A home playoff game would be incredible! Especially bc that would mean the last game of the year the Bills went into foxboro and beat the pats* at home, with something to play for! Sure I would take the scenario of playing Ryan mallet to Tom Brady - if it comes to that. For now though I'm still daydreaming of an afc east championship.

What can I say its Sunday when magically in my eyes the Bills transform to the best team in the NFL.

Edited by section122

It's not happening is more than likely correct but it isn't a definite. I don't see any change in the grand scheme of the playoffs to have Houston beat New England and it is certainly more enjoyable. As was said up thread until it isn't mathematically impossible that's what I'll be rooting for as well.

A home playoff game would be incredible! Especially bc that would mean the last game of the year the Bills went into foxboro and beat the pats* at home, with something to play for! Sure I would take the scenario of playing Ryan mallet to Tom Brady - if it comes to that. For now though I'm still daydreaming of an afc east championship.

What can I say its Sunday when magically in my eyes the Bills transform to the best team in the NFL.

They still play Cleveland, Miami and Baltimore all of whom we would realistically want New England against. I hate them as much as anyone (I used to live there) but them going on a nice little run is the best thing for us. If we lose and are out of it I will cheer for anyone against New England (literally anyone). At this point though it is in our best interest that they win the next few and are locked into their spot.

They do not typically rest guys but with the injury that Gronk suffered last year when he didn't belong on the field combined with the numerous injuries this year -maybe it changes?

Edited by Kirby Jackson

Aren't you contradicting yourself here? On one hand you say we should want everything that puts the Bills in the playoffs, but on the other hand you don't want to root for a situation where the Bills win the division, because you don't think that particular situation is realistic. Heck,if I'm being honest with myself I don't think its realistic for the Bills to win out, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to root for it. It's not like wanting something to happen makes it any more or less likely to happen so the way I see it we might as well root for the absolute best case scenario, until that scenario is no longer possible. By wanting the Pats to lose out, I'm not sacrificing anything, and as others have stated the Pats historically don't rest their starters so I doubt anything that happens between now and week 17 other than injuries will have any bearing on who is on the field for them in the last game of the season.

Aren't you contradicting yourself here? On one hand you say we should want everything that puts the Bills in the playoffs, but on the other hand you don't want to root for a situation where the Bills win the division, because you don't think that particular situation is realistic. Heck,if I'm being honest with myself I don't think its realistic for the Bills to win out, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to root for it. It's not like wanting something to happen makes it any more or less likely to happen so the way I see it we might as well root for the absolute best case scenario, until that scenario is no longer possible. By wanting the Pats to lose out, I'm not sacrificing anything, and as others have stated the Pats historically don't rest their starters so I doubt anything that happens between now and week 17 other than injuries will have any bearing on who is on the field for them in the last game of the season.

The Bills play THE easiest remaining schedule in the NFL. Is winning out likely, no, possible, yes. It certainly is more likely if they do not have to beat Tom Brady, on the road, in a game that he must win. The odds are much less that the Pats lose this game, home to Cleveland, vs. Miami, vs. Baltimore AND vs. Buffalo. Unless Brady goes down that just won't happen.

The injuries to Gronk (in a blowout), Wilfork, Mayo, Amendola, etc... may have the Pats rethinking their philosophy on resting guys IMO.

The Bills play THE easiest remaining schedule in the NFL. Is winning out likely, no, possible, yes. It certainly is more likely if they do not have to beat Tom Brady, on the road, in a game that he must win. The odds are much less that the Pats lose this game, home to Cleveland, vs. Miami, vs. Baltimore AND vs. Buffalo. Unless Brady goes down that just won't happen.

The injuries to Gronk (in a blowout), Wilfork, Mayo, Amendola, etc... may have the Pats rethinking their philosophy on resting guys IMO.

My point is that wanting something to happen and thinking it will are two different things, and wanting it to happen has no bearing on if it actually does or not, so I might as well want it to happen while recognizing that it probably won't. Once the Pats get that 10th win, I'll be rooting for them to knock off our wild card competition, but they don't have it yet, and if a 2 win team that isn't competing for a spot can keep them from getting closer for another week, I'm all for it.