What's the consensus on Anthony Wright?

Grant

As I recall, Anthony Wright played pretty well in the short time he started for Baltimore and pretty much was able to successfully do what we would want him to - throw deep occasionally, hand the ball off a lot, and make a lot of high percentage passes.

If Bledsoe gets cut on March 1st, we're going to need some veteran QB to come in and compete with JP Losman. I wouldn't be disappointed with Wright.

What do you think?

He's the back up to Kordell? Really?

For awhile, a lot of people wanted him to start instead of Kyle Boller. What happened?

210060[/snapback]

He has been number 3 on the depth cart all season. I don't think anything really happened. He blows, the coaches know it, and made him number 3.

He has been number 3 on the depth cart all season. I don't think anything really happened. He blows, the coaches know it, and made him number 3.

210175[/snapback]

Wright got hurt before pre-season,

that's when the Ravens signed Kordella... he does blow.

Wright got hurt before pre-season,

that's when the Ravens signed Kordella... he does blow.

210187[/snapback]

but he does produce better than Drew does.

The Bills braintrust is scared by Drew and won't let him throw the ball because too many bad things happen when Drew looks downfield.

but he does produce better than Drew does.

The Bills braintrust is scared by Drew and won't let him throw the ball because too many bad things happen when Drew looks downfield.

210199[/snapback]

Hey obie_wan, long time no see...

How will you be celebrating on March 1st? :D

Actually, Anthony Wright is the best signal caller that the Cowboys have had, post Aikman, pre-Vinny. He kind of got screwed, because JJ committed so heavily to Quincy Carter, they had to give QC every chance to prove that he sucked. Granted, Wright did not play a ton, but he looked at least decent, and consistant. IMO, I would rather have him as the third QB than Shane Matthews. I guarantee you folks, if you all get your wish and Bledsoe is driven out of town, and then our untested savior JP Losman goes down (or sucks!) and we are stuck with Shane Matthews as QB, it will be the end of the season...the only thing he really adds to the Bills is experience. As a starter, he is awful! Go back and watch some Bears games from when he was starting there. He is brutal! True, he doesn't make a ton of mistakes when he is not under pressure, but he will make no plays whatsover! Drew can still bring it from time to time!