So... Who's considering making the trip to Toronto for our home ga

JÂy RÛßeÒ

I've heard from a lot of folks in WNY and most won't go to Toronto for a couple of reasons. First, the drive is long. Having to cross the border is a PITA and the prospect of sitting in traffic after the game isn't attractive. Second and more important, that stadium is a baseball park. It's tiny and cramped. Why would anyone want to go to Toronto to watch a game?

If I lived in Buffalo I'd be there every year. I like Toronto.

PTR

Toronto is a great city to be sure. But drive the extra distance (WNY out of towners is even worse), the expensive tickets, and no tailgating to watch a Bills "home game" in front of a largely neutral small crowd would be depressing.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Toronto is a great city to be sure. But drive the extra distance (WNY out of towners is even worse), the expensive tickets, and no tailgating to watch a Bills "home game" in front of a largely neutral small crowd would be depressing.

Tickets are more reasonable now. (cheapest are $48) Tailgating? Few stadiums are like RWS. Besides there are so many good restaurants and bars nearby. That's fun too. Also I think Toronto fans are getting better. Who can cheer when you are giving up 50 points? Play better and they'll cheer.

Getting to Buffalo is 500 miles for me. Another 100 to Toronto is tough. In my wilder, more lucrative days I'd hop on a plane and go. Not an option lately.

I love Toronto, but I drive a 600 mile round trip mostly for the tailgate. A Bills win is a bonus. No tailgating @ Rodgers, correct?

Toronto cops frown on open containers in public. For a country with the rep for drinking Canadians have their alcohol laws are pretty harsh. Maybe that's why?

PTR

If I lived in Buffalo I'd be there every year. I like Toronto.

PTR

I live in Buffalo but its a hassle crossing the border. You need a passport or enhanced license to enter Canada now. Maybe that could part of the reason more people don't go.

I love T.O. as well and have been plenty of times and if the games not sold out and the weather is good I'll think about going because they should win vs the Falcons indoors.

I've heard from a lot of folks in WNY and most won't go to Toronto for a couple of reasons. First, the drive is long. Having to cross the border is a PITA and the prospect of sitting in traffic after the game isn't attractive. Second and more important, that stadium is a baseball park. It's tiny and cramped. Why would anyone want to go to Toronto to watch a game?

I'll bite.

#1 -- Toronto is a great international city with lots to see and do

#2 -- I would make a weekend out of it and not drive back Sunday night

#3 -- I want the Bills to have a homefield advantage and being able to go to a game only a couple of hours away would be awesome

I'm not a fan of giving up a game at RWS, but at some point you have to accept the reality and make the best of it.

Edited by eball

Treat yourself....

http://www.rogerscentre.com/inaround/rest_lounges_sitelines.jsp

NFL – Buffalo Bills vs Atlanta Falcons- December 1

Doors open at 1:00 pm – tailgate snacks

Buffet service starts at 2:00 pm – game time 4:05 pm

All inclusive ticket $135.00 (includes buffet service, admission and taxes)

That price is actually over $100 cheaper than when I went a few years ago when we played the Jets. (alcohol was extra)