Spiller vs Jackson

qblax16

Play calling needs to flip between two backs. Play to the strengths!!! I posted this during the game but thread is locked. Don't want to add this to previous threads. This deserves its own topic. Play calling is still killing Spiller.

Great game by def today, and go bills!

Play calling needs to flip between two backs. Play to the strengths!!! I posted this during the game but thread is locked. Don't want to add this to previous threads. This deserves its own topic. Play calling is still killing Spiller.

Great game by def today, and go bills!

Spiller is killing Spiller. He is a very good back, but situational at best. This will not end the thread, but it should. There is no real reason for conversation here. Anyone who cannot see what is on the field is blind. Anyone who cannot understand what is happening with Spiller and Jackson needs to study some more football.

Jackson is the superior back, he has always been the better back. He's getting up there in age, he was banged up last year and next year we will have one more year of age on Jackson, another year and experience on Spiller and Tashard Choice - the unsung dark horse in the backfield. Choice is more productive then Spiller, but he is not a better back. It is proof that the traditional RB is still the better route then the situational player/scat back/whatever Spiller is. Even Chris Johnson is back to earth. How many people would take Johnson over AP? How many would Fred Jackson this year over Chris Johnson this year?

Trade Spiller this off season, draft an RB in the 5th and don't miss a beat.

Spiller is killing Spiller. He is a very good back, but situational at best. This will not end the thread, but it should. There is no real reason for conversation here. Anyone who cannot see what is on the field is blind. Anyone who cannot understand what is happening with Spiller and Jackson needs to study some more football.

Jackson is the superior back, he has always been the better back. He's getting up there in age, he was banged up last year and next year we will have one more year of age on Jackson, another year and experience on Spiller and Tashard Choice - the unsung dark horse in the backfield. Choice is more productive then Spiller, but he is not a better back. It is proof that the traditional RB is still the better route then the situational player/scat back/whatever Spiller is. Even Chris Johnson is back to earth. How many people would take Johnson over AP? How many would Fred Jackson this year over Chris Johnson this year?

I think you mean Spiller is more productive than Choice, but not the better back. Agree 100000%.

Maybe Chan had it right. He rarely used Spiller, but when he did, Spiller would knock it out of the park. Naw.... I'm more inclined to think that left guard had a lot to do with it. Bills pick up a real road grading guard in the draft and Spiller will return to form.

Maybe Chan had it right. He rarely used Spiller, but when he did, Spiller would knock it out of the park. Naw.... I'm more inclined to think that left guard had a lot to do with it. Bills pick up a real road grading guard in the draft and Spiller will return to form.

Levitre was not the difference for Spiller. He made a difference but there is far, far more reason and cause for why Spiller is sucking. He has no vision, no patience and looks like a lost rookie.

I think you mean Spiller is more productive than Choice, but not the better back. Agree 100000%.

Choice is more productive. He can get the ball 10 times and get zero or positive yardage for 80% of those carries. Not a stat I know, but it's about right if I had to guess. Spiller gets the ball 10 times and gets positve yardage half of those times. He may break one or 20+, but the rest are all -4. In todays game, I'd take Choice's carries over Spillers.

Spiller is a better football player and athlete. Choice a better RB and team player.

Listen. It doesn't have to be Spiller vs Jaxkson It can be Spiller and Jackson.

However Jackson had to fend of McGahee, Lynch, and Spiller.

When will people realize that Fred Jackson is one of the best backs in the NFL and is just better than Spiller at football.

Just because Jackson wasn't drafted and went to Coe collage he still gets no respect.

Listen. It doesn't have to be Spiller vs Jaxkson It can be Spiller and Jackson.

However Jackson had to fend of McGahee, Lynch, and Spiller.

When will people realize that Fred Jackson is one of the best backs in the NFL and is just better than Spiller at football.

Just because Jackson wasn't drafted and went to Coe collage he still gets no respect.

I remember some really really smart, handsome and ruggedly...charming, too...well, some schmuck here was beating that drum all off season. That guy was right, huh?

It was me, right?

I was talking about myself... :nana:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/162858-fred-jackson-is-a-stud-top-5-back/page__hl__%2Bfred+%2Bjackson+%2Bback

That was during he season. I posted a few threads this past off season, training camp, etc when everyone kept talking about CJ looking great in practice and Fred looking slow that FJ was going to be the better back. I got lamb basted and called a maroon.

Jackson is one of the best backs, and I never said Spiller was better. I do think Freddy sees a lot of the draws and screens, and there roles should flip.

Spiller is a great back, and showed he can be last year wen Freddy went down. Only knock I have on spiller is durability, but he needs the chance to get into space. Which is the point of the post, get Freddy to get tough yards that he consistently gets and get CJ in space.

Come on now

spiller must be the dumbest guy on the team....im so sick of watching him gain one yard a carry, then lose 4 yards, then act all upset as he watches the replay on the jumbotron. im starting to hate his guts. How hard is it to run through a hole?? he cant break a tackle if his life depended on it either. Screw spiller.

I was talking about myself... :nana:

http://forums.twobil... +jackson +back

That was during he season. I posted a few threads this past off season, training camp, etc when everyone kept talking about CJ looking great in practice and Fred looking slow that FJ was going to be the better back. I got lamb basted and called a maroon.

you were right, and how dare they call you a maroon, I would say a light purple at most!!

Fred Jackson is more a gamer, not fast, but quick and strong with the ball in his hands—and has great vision. He seems to always comes through when needed, is a tremendous blocker, and can catch and run with the ball.

Spiller has more speed, he too can be very productive as a pass receiver, not as good a blocker or instinctive runner as Jackson. But, when given space, can take it to the house.

Here's what I would love to see, more (any?) sets with the both of them in the back field. I think with some creativity, it would keep defenses off balance trying to guess which is going to get the carry, and as said above, both are above average as pass receivers.

Edited by CSBill

its not spiller vs Jackson its spiller and Jackson vs Hackett. spiller needs space to run. gaileys spread offense created monster running lanes and mismatches. we would have 4 WRs on the field, spread the defense out and run on that spread out defense. now we have 3 TEs and a WR bunched close to the line so the defense is all very close to the line. we are asking our RBs to run thru a pile of 21 people. it is idiotic. spreading the offense and defense out will help EJ with his progressions and presnap reads it will help the RBs it will help everyone

its not spiller vs Jackson its spiller and Jackson vs Hackett. spiller needs space to run. gaileys spread offense created monster running lanes and mismatches. we would have 4 WRs on the field, spread the defense out and run on that spread out defense. now we have 3 TEs and a WR bunched close to the line so the defense is all very close to the line. we are asking our RBs to run thru a pile of 21 people. it is idiotic. spreading the offense and defense out will help EJ with his progressions and presnap reads it will help the RBs it will help everyone

Exactly. Spiller could be tearing up the league in the right offensive sets. Chan knew how to play to his strengths, but Hackett seems constitutionally incapable of adjusting his offensive play calling to Spiller's abilities.

I suspect they avoid the spread in order to give EJ more protection and time to throw. But it's at the cost of Spiller's production as a running back and receiver.

This should be Spiller and Jackson....get them on the field at the same time. Spiller is forcing too much and Fred is just a stud. How does he always fall forward? I am sick of watching the 1 yard followed by a -4 yard run. But somehow an OC needs to figure out a plan that works to the different run styles. I think CJ can turn it around.