For those of you who gave up on EJ.....

26CornerBlitz

EJ still threw the "out" all day long until he hit tj and the Goodwin on some long ones, those 2 were nice but that's exactly what Edwards used to do, throw short all day and then sneak a go route in for a TD here or there. WHERE are the intermediate routes? he threw none today, he looks like crap to me actually. why should I feel better about him exactly? tuel hit Goodwin for the same exact td the other week.

The enlightener...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure who gave up on manuel.....but he threw one near 6 pick....underthrew graham by a mile on that TD etc etc. He was OK today. This is always what happens on this board. Legit criticism for a player who hasnt shown us much. Then he has a decent game...and out come the ' oh how do feel now (name that player) criticizers'.

So I guess we cant criticize a guy and make judgments in fear of having them play a 'decent' game. Smacks of Kelsay, Fitz...on and on and on.

EJ did look better today. GOOD!!! Lets see him continue with the progress. This game was won by the D. And EJ had a few good passes. Congrats on the long ball to Marquise.

EJ still threw the "out" all day long until he hit tj and the Goodwin on some long ones, those 2 were nice but that's exactly what Edwards used to do, throw short all day and then sneak a go route in for a TD here or there. WHERE are the intermediate routes? he threw none today, he looks like crap to me actually. why should I feel better about him exactly? Tuel hit Goodwin for the same exact TD the other week.

Agree with both posts above. Like it or not, they're accurate and factual. Realist here; sorry. Now, I thoroughly enjoyed the W today, and it was fun being a Bills fan!

EJ still threw the "out" all day long until he hit tj and the Goodwin on some long ones, those 2 were nice but that's exactly what Edwards used to do, throw short all day and then sneak a go route in for a TD here or there. WHERE are the intermediate routes? he threw none today, he looks like crap to me actually. why should I feel better about him exactly? tuel hit Goodwin for the same exact td the other week.

Been saying that all year, it's either a 3 yard pass or a bomb. Where are the 15-20 yard passes

And what is the deal with screen passes? Bills were great at them last year but have trouble even completing the pass this year

Edited by Max997

Been saying that all year, it's either a 3 yard pass or a bomb. Where are the 15-20 yard passes

Slipping through the fingers of Scott Chandler.

Slipping through the fingers of Scott Chandler.

Many of Chandler's & Robert Woods' catches have been in the intermediate range in the middle of the field. Anyone who says otherwise hasn't been watching the Bills or just doesn't know football...Maybe both.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Many of Chandler's & Robert Woods' catches have been in the intermediate range in the middle of the field. Anyone who says otherwise hasn't been watching the Bills or just doesn't know football...Maybe both.

they are almost all to the flat/sidline. watch the replay and stop kidding yourself , watch pittsburg again and youll see every pass is an out or short hitch. today he had a couple 9 yard type hitches- WOW!. where are the crossing routes? slants even? hes afraid of the middle, like trent or any other qb who cant read a defense. Just saying,, watch and youll see this yourself, not that im rooting against ej but its true.

If you are going to give up on a rookie after 5 starts then you are crazy. Or if you are going to proclaim him as the savior after today's game then you are also crazy. We can't evaluate Manuel until he's at least had a full season where he comes in to preseason as the starter. Let's see where he is at this time next year before we start freaking out. He clearly outplayed Geno so out of all of the rookie qb's he's the best IMO so at least we got the best guy in the draft

Agree with both posts above. Like it or not, they're accurate and factual. Realist here; sorry. Now, I thoroughly enjoyed the W today, and it was fun being a Bills fan!

lol@"he looks like crap to me" being referred to as "accurate and factual".

This board is so silly on game days.

Agreed.

they are almost all to the flat/sidline. watch the replay and stop kidding yourself , watch pittsburg again and youll see every pass is an out or short hitch. today he had a couple 9 yard type hitches- WOW!. where are the crossing routes? slants even? hes afraid of the middle, like trent or any other qb who cant read a defense. Just saying,, watch and youll see this yourself, not that im rooting against ej but its true.

lol, the standard "disclaimer"

Prior to Pittsburgh, EJ's body of work looked OK for a rookie.

Then at Pittsburgh he looked like an unmitigated disaster.

Today he looked very good for a rookie.

When he is able to put two good performances back-to-back, my lying eyes will sense progress.

Edited by alias

Was he afraid of the middle on this play? http://www.nfl.com/v...oint-conversion

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

Anyone who changed their mind this week who based their judgement on last week's performance is literally mentally ill, and should seek professional help.

This! for the mercurial (and if you have to look it up, it's you!) Buffalo Bills TBD posters calling for Tuel, to draft a QB, etc., etc.

No doubt, he looked good today, but the play calling was improved which shows that Marrone/Hackett are learning. QB sneaks, giving to fullback on goal line, end around to keep D honest, and taking shots downfield, especially with Goodwin, who is really blossoming. EJ made the throws and looked composed out there, let's hope he keeps it up for the rest of the season.

Well I didn't see EJ make any ints, sacks, hurries or knockdowns. Unless he stole a #1 from Jairus. He managed well w/o two weapons and no ground game. But make no mistake the defense sure made his job easier. I am undecided on him due to a small sample size. He played well today. But this was a team win.

It was encouraging to see EJ complete a variety of passes in tough weather conditions. 20-28 and two TDs in 20 + mph winds is impressive by any measure. He showed the arm to drive the ball through the wind.

However, my favorite pass he threw all day was a touch pass to a RB where he had to throw it over a defender and drop it into the hands of the RB with the pass rusher in his face. I don't think the play amounted to anything of significance but it showed great touch, poise and awareness of the offense by EJ.

Skepticism regarding EJ's play will rightly remain in place, as today's game was the best game he has played in the past two seasons (including college). If he continues to show the ability to deliver accurate deep sideline throws (by that I mean not 10 yards out of bounds) and as an earlier poster said the "ability to do the little things" over the remainder of the season, he will show that he is developing into a true franchise QB. If today's game was an aberration and the remainder of the season looks like previous games, he is not the answer.

To answer the original posters question, I feel the same about him now as I have all year. I have my doubts, I keep rooting for him, and today he rewarded us with his best showing of the season. I want him to be the answer at QB, because I want the Bills to win. If he is not the answer at QB we are that much further away from winning.