Teen won't wear 666

boyst

http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/home/headlines/Whitley-County-teen-refuses-to-run-race-because-of-666-number-230580371.html?device=tablet

I think this story is hilarious. Good for her to stand up for what she believes in, but I think she is an idiot. Especially once she starts talking and then you just realize, Ohhh...she is like that, then yeah, you're pretty dumb.

She stood up for her convictions and she gets ridiculed simply because you folks don't agree with her. You can't have it both ways. Do you want people who follow the easy path or do you want people who sick to their guns?

Oh, you want people who stick to their guns as long as their position agrees with yours. Got it.

She stood up for her convictions and she gets ridiculed simply because you folks don't agree with her. You can't have it both ways. Do you want people who follow the easy path or do you want people who sick to their guns?

Oh, you want people who stick to their guns as long as their position agrees with yours. Got it.

Well, duh. Should we commend Jim Carrey and Jenna McCarthy for their anti-vaccine rhetoric? After all, they are just speaking their minds.

We want people to be rational.

Why value conviction for the sake of conviction? Doesn't it matter what the person is convinced of?

I hope I did not come off that way. I did not mean to do so. It is my opinion she was dumb for having done this because the whole 666 thing the way she was. Where was she prior when she and her coach could have said something earlier in the previous week? Why did she wait until just moments before the race to say something? Why wasn't it told to the officials that the it was something that offended her for personal reasons?

I am an athiest but I am perfectly fine with someone practicing their faith and religion. However, there is also another argument that I remember from Sunday School that talked about the whole 666 number being a representative for the mark of Satan was from Greek readings and not Hebrew. If it was Hebrew it would be 616... just saying.