The offense may be in trouble - remainder of 2013 and 2014

San-O

EJ throws just fine. Things will get better. Bills win.

Couldn't disagree more

EJ does not step into his throws properly and tends to aim instead of just firing it

He plays like someone who lacks confidence and certainly doesn't handle pressure well. IMO he wasn't and still isn't ready to play in the NFL

Edited by Max997

I was keeping tabs on the injuries, namely on offense, and starting thinking the offense may be in trouble the

remainder of this year certainly, and probably next year also.

1. E.J. doesn't throw a ggod ball, anywhere that I can see, and IMO, he is not "the answer" at QB. He hasn't shown

me anything which I would say make him a starting NFL QB. I hope I'm wrong. Seen a lot of bad QB'ing last decade.

2. S Johnson disappears much to often, drops the ball, etc.,etc., and seems to have mental lapses as well, and now he

can't stay on the field. Every week it's something. 41 receptions this year, 6 more than Scott Chandler.

3. Woods is out, and remains a question, although he seemed like the real deal earlier in the season, for a rookie.

4. Spiller isn't being used correctly, doesn't have Chan back there pulling the strings, or whatever, but again, can't stay

healthy and can't be counted on for the long haul or a significant number of carries / games. I like him a lot however.

5. Fred, "Fred the head", is awesome, love him, but he's going to be 33 in February.

6. Scott Chandler. Scott Chandler. 35 receptions this year, but seem to drop and make bad plays?

Not trying to seem negative, but on "O", this is looking more like the start of a rebuild than the finished product.

O-line has issues.

P.S. I think a good, real NFL QB would mask a lot of these, and may even make the O playoff worthy, O coordinator aside.

After we draft my signature we will break the all time scoring record for a season, SuperBowl!!

Spiller will silence all critics this week and go completely bananas statistically

not against the best run D

I love you Ramsey

but we win every time he comes over. (which hasn't been much)

I was keeping tabs on the injuries, namely on offense, and starting thinking the offense may be in trouble the

1. E.J. doesn't throw a ggod ball, anywhere that I can see, and IMO, he is not "the answer" at QB. He hasn't shown

me anything which I would say make him a starting NFL QB. I hope I'm wrong. Seen a lot of bad QB'ing last decade.

Now go back and re watch the first few games EJ played in NE close game 21-23 L, Carolina 24-23 W, Jets 20-27 L, Ravens, 23-20 W, Browns 24-37 L. The Bills were in every game right up until EJ's injury against the Browns in the 3rd QTR, and winning 24-23. The Mr deer in headlights Jeff Tuel came in relief to throw turf balls to lose the game.

Now, the Bills RB's & WR corps has had many injuries to the starters all year.

The ONLY game EJ played very poorly in was in week 3 against the Jets. With all the heavy blitzing they do, they sacked EJ 8 times. Then OC Hackett had EJ throw 42 times because the run game wasn't working. Spiller 10 rushes for 9 yards. Hackett, LG Colin Brown & Justin Rodgers lost that game more then EJ did.

2. S Johnson disappears much to often, drops the ball, etc.,etc., and seems to have mental lapses as well, and now he

can't stay on the field. Every week it's something. 41 receptions this year, 6 more than Scott Chandler.

Stevie Johnson is a hero, and has to be one of the toughest players on the team. He has played thru numerous injuries. Its not his fault the Bills don't have anyone even close to his talent or that offense wouldn't suffer his absence so much.

3. Woods is out, and remains a question, although he seemed like the real deal earlier in the season, for a rookie.

About the only other dependable WR has been out quite a bit with a bad ankle. Again, is it his fault the Bills have not enough quality depth at WR?

4. Spiller isn't being used correctly, doesn't have Chan back there pulling the strings, or whatever, but again, can't stay

healthy and can't be counted on for the long haul or a significant number of carries / games. I like him a lot however.

The failure of this new Bills OC to get Spiller into space speaks volumes about his ineptitude as a coordinator, and he is the QB coach as well.

5. Fred, "Fred the head", is awesome, love him, but he's going to be 33 in February.

Agree

6. Scott Chandler. Scott Chandler. 35 receptions this year, but seem to drop and make bad plays?

The Bills need a top TE to help these young QB's. One who won't fall down when he sees a tackler and can stay healthy.

Not trying to seem negative, but on "O", this is looking more like the start of a rebuild than the finished product.

O-line has issues.

Serious issues. LG Colin Brown graded as the worst player right up until the team cut him in week 5. The line isn't that bad at pass blocking, but it isn't very good either.

This teams needs a better starter at LG, RT to start and quality depth.

P.S. I think a good, real NFL QB would mask a lot of these, and may even make the O playoff worthy, O coordinator aside.

I think a better OC would make a world of difference.

Look at what new DC Mike Pettine has done for the defense despite the team not being able to run the ball to control the clock, and help keep his defense off the field. When the offense can run it and score 20 points the Bills are in every game because of that defense.

Hackett did somewhat well when the team was healthy. Now that the WR corp is depleted from injuries you would think this OC would call more running plays, he didn't, and won't. Nathaniel Hackett is on par with Dick Jauron's OC Turk Schonert. Nothing but shotgun crazy passing plays. 35-40 times a game.

That said, this offense could be fixed rather quickly if this rookie OC ever removes his head from his posterior, and finds creative ways to run the ball. Get Spiller in space like Gailey did with the 4 WR spread offense. Not enough WR's? Utilize the TE's & RB's as wide outs. The most these rookie QB's should be throwing the ball is around 20-25 times a game, and both Spiller & FJax should see the ball 20 times each.

Edited by FeartheLosing

O-line has issues.

I agree 100%

I think EJ throws a really nice ball as well and the Bills have a bright future.

CBF

Edited by Canadian Bills Fan

EJ hasn't even played 6 full games yet. Can we all just give him a chance? I mean I know we all want to be the guy that said "I told you so" but really. Coming here and reading that stuff, its just silly

Completely agree. Way too many "EJ is a bust" threads. He has not played enough to evaluate, but I have seen some things in him that are encouraging. I say give him time. He played poorly against Pittsburgh, but I believe the instability to run the football put a lot of pressure on him last week. CJ tried to bounce everything outside and that doesn't work against defenses that are gap disciplined like Pittsburgh and the Jets. They need to get him to stay inside more and then when he gets to the second level he can break off a big one. His tendency to bounce outside puts the O in too many second and long and third and long situations. EJ needs to gain experience and you get that by playing in games. Every one that he plays in makes him better IMO.

Anyone who thought this team was ready in 2013 or will be ready in 2014 or 2015 is nuts. In 2016 when we bring in the next new three year coach we will regain hope throughout the off-season and preseason (when our players soundly out play each other) only to be deflated after 8 weeks of crappy football.

Hackett did somewhat well when the team was healthy. Now that the WR corp is depleted from injuries you would think this OC would call more running plays, he didn't, and won't. Nathaniel Hackett is on par with Dick Jauron's OC Turk Schonert. Nothing but shotgun crazy passing plays. 35-40 times a game.

That said, this offense could be fixed rather quickly if this rookie OC ever removes his head from his posterior, and finds creative ways to run the ball. Get Spiller in space like Gailey did with the 4 WR spread offense. Not enough WR's? Utilize the TE's & RB's as wide outs. The most these rookie QB's should be throwing the ball is around 20-25 times a game, and both Spiller & FJax should see the ball 20 times each.

E.J. threw 39 times last week I believe, and was below 50 % completion most of the game, until gar'bage time.

EJ throws just fine. Things will get better. Bills win.

Nothing personal. but when he throws a fade pass at the goal line, it goes ten yards out of bounds and hits the camera man in the face. Fade passes on other parts of the field are caught by the ball boys.

And when its a short pass he looks like a dart thrower or a shot putter.

From what I saw of Thad I think he is the more promising project

My fear is this.... they end up with a top 15 position in the draft.... very likely at this point. Some stud QB prospects (better than EJ last draft) will likely be available when they pick (Boyd, Mariota, Manziel, Mettenberger, Carr), but they don't take a QB because they're so heavily invested in EJ. EJ continues to struggle while somebody like Boyd or Mariota take off.

IMO you have to take one of those QB's. EJ is proven to be delicate thus far, and we don't have anything close to a competitive backup.

You are afraid of who the Bills draft in 6 months, now? In early November? And then that all 5 of those Qb's will go on to be phenomenally better rookies than EJ has in 5 games?

That is some proactive anxiety. Must be tough to sleep at night....

You are afraid of who the Bills draft in 6 months, now? In early November? And then that all 5 of those Qb's will go on to be phenomenally better rookies than EJ has in 5 games?

That is some proactive anxiety. Must be tough to sleep at night....

It wouldn't surprise me if 2 or 3 of those 5 are yes, phenomenally better rookies than EJ. This is a good QB draft class.