Colts Elevate Da'Rick Rogers to the Active Roster

26CornerBlitz

Kirby, in your opinion, you you think keeping Rodgers would have propelled the Bills to a better record that 6-10?

If so, how? What impact do see him as having over the course of the year and how would have positively improved the 6-10 mark you cite?

Rogers was never going to make this team because of Marrone...Period, end of story...

Even if he did make it...which, once again, there was no way Marrone was going to keep him...But even if he did, Rogers would have made little difference last year because Marrone never would have played him knowing (in Marrone's words) he had SO much more proven production and talent at WR already on the roster...

Marrone is not the kind of Coach with the patience necessary to develop a kid like Rogers...Pagano is...That's really all there is to it... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kirby, in your opinion, do you think keeping Rodgers would have propelled the Bills to a better record in 2013 than 6-10?

If so, how? What impact do see him having over the course of the year and how would he have improved the 6-10 mark you cite?

Potentially, I do. They lost 2 games in OT an another 1 or 2 in the last couple of minutes. Tht means to me 1 play could have changed a game or 2. He may have been able to make one of those.

Kirby, in your opinion, do you think keeping Rodgers would have propelled the Bills to a better record than 6-10?

If so, how? What impact do see him as having over the course of the year and how would have positively improved the 6-10 mark you cite?

Rogers regular season stats would've projected out to 60 catches 800 yards and 8 tds in 16 games. Today's one big catch would've kept him close to that yardage pace. I won't say he hits that pace but if we even converted a small percentage of missed plays we might've been 1-2 more wins, and who knows long term.

I've mentioned several times already that he was a favorite deep target of ejs in the spring camps

There's really no way to answer it other than I'm confident we wouldn't have been worse. Ultimately that's the problem, we wouldn't have been worse and we could've been better possibly.

Edited by NoSaint

Everyone in this thread has argued one way or another. I wish the Bills didn't make a mistake, but it's obvious they did.

Don't we preach accountability? Who should be accountable if not the organization and front office?

Am I not a fan because I say they made a stupid mistake and am proven right? Are people who hated the Maybin pick not real fans?

"Proven right". Lol

Rogers regular season stats would've projected out to 60 catches 800 yards and 8 tds in 16 games. Today's one big catch would've kept him close to that yardage pace. I won't say he hits that pace but if we even converted a small percentage of missed plays we might've been 1-2 more wins, and who knows long term.

Right, and Rob Johnson's stats projected to...doesn't a player have to actually do something to make the team at some point?

If, as has been posited, Rodgers made the team over Hogan, would he have seen the field here more than Hogan did?

Remember that ONE, I repeat ONE catch Rogers had this game. What were the Bills thinking releasing such a productive player.

He's an undrafted Rookie who signed late with the Colts and was only active for 5 games this season...

This argument has never been about Rogers this season...Though I think it's crystal clear he could have a bigger impact than Chris Hogan...This argument is about the future and the type of player Rogers could turn in to as a UDFA who the Bills smartly picked up, then stupidly discarded prematurely... B-)

Right, and Rob Johnson's stats projected to...doesn't a player have to actually do something to make the team at some point?

If, as has been posited, Rodgers made the team over Hogan, would he have seen the field here more than Hogan did?

He might've. And if he didnt, so what? Again, we'd be no worse but might be better. No idea how much better - could be a ton, could be not at all - but we wouldn't be worse.

Rob Johnson? Really? :lol:

He might've. And if he didnt, so what? Again, we'd be no worse but might be better. No idea how much better - could be a ton, could be not at all - but we wouldn't be worse.

Exactly...

He's an undrafted Rookie who signed late with the Colts and was only active for 5 games this season...

This argument has never been about Rogers this season...Though I think it's crystal clear he could have a bigger impact than Chris Hogan...This argument is about the future and the type of player Rogers could turn in to as a UDFA who the Bills smartly picked up, then stupidly discarded prematurely... B-)

However, what if Da'Rick flames out like Maybin did?

This story is still in its early chapters.

Fair enough. Like I said upthread, I think a player should have to earn a spot, not be given one. For every Rodgers, there's a Robey.

However, what if Da'Rick flames out like Maybin did?

This story is still in its early chapters.

Maybin was #11 overall Bro...

Rogers was a UDFA...

HUGE, huge, massive difference there...

There was zero risk in keeping Rogers...None... B-)