Colts Elevate Da'Rick Rogers to the Active Roster

26CornerBlitz

So you cater to an undrafted kid who was already kicked out of college? What kind of message does that send?

Randy Moss could get away with that. Not Rogers. How people blame the coaches for not keeping a lazy kid boogies my mind.

You cater to talent if it doesn't cost you anything. If the Bills had to cut Goodwin to keep him than no one would have an issue. They were holding people accountable while marching to another 6-10 season.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a loser you are. You'd rather a lazy kid who didn't work hard after the Bills gave him a chance succeed so you can put down the Bills. You're a joke.

Everyone in this thread has argued one way or another. I wish the Bills didn't make a mistake, but it's obvious they did.

Don't we preach accountability? Who should be accountable if not the organization and front office?

Am I not a fan because I say they made a stupid mistake and am proven right? Are people who hated the Maybin pick not real fans?

Fair enough Kirb, but aren't there thousands of guys with talent? At some point don't you have to earn your way onto the squad?

There are not thousands of guys that led the SEC in receiving. It did not cost anything to give him a chance which is 100% of my frustration (and many others here). It was a free year to see if he could develop.

There are not thousands of guys that led the SEC in receiving. It did not cost anything to give him a chance which is 100% of my frustration (and many others here). It was a free year to see if he could develop.

Fair point but he was booted out of the SEC, no? Why? Was it because of a lack of commitment and dedication to his craft? Was it something else? Who knows?

I understand what you are saying about him being more physically gifted than Hogan/Easley and I'm sure you are correct. However, if he didn't do enough to make the team, with all that talent, then why is this an issue? The guy did not earn it.

Stevie led the SEC in receiving, was a 7th rounder, & came in and busted his butt to make the team.

This isn't high school or college. You are a professional & it's your job. With all due respect, people like yourself are the reason Rogers probably has his attitude. You're enabling him so he thinks he can do what he wants.

If anything, if Rogers ever becomes anything, he should thank Marrone for holding him accountable.

Fair point but he was booted out of the SEC, no? Why? Was it because of a lack of commitment and dedication to his craft? Was it something else? Who knows?

I understand what you are saying about him being more physically gifted than Hogan/Easley and I'm sure you are correct. However, if he didn't do enough to make the team, with all that talent, then why is this an issue? The guy did not earn it.

You could have signed those scrubs off the street if it didn't work out. You got an extremely talented guy that wanted to be here and you let him go for a scrub (in a rebuild). They could have seen if he developed in 1 year and if he didn't who cares. It was a free look.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I think Da'Rick needed to be humbled in order to succeed, the release followed by no one claiming him might have been the wake up call he needed. I hope the he does well and has a successful career just not when he plays the Bills.

I think there's some wisdom in this.

It's possible that Da'Rick needed one more negative episode to burst his bubble and finally wake him up.

I think there's some wisdom in this.

It's possible that Da'Rick needed one more negative episode to burst his bubble and finally wake him up.

Well never really know. Could just as easily say a great coach or position coach could've reached him or that he would've produced in buffalo and we simply blew the decision

You could have signed those scrubs off the street if it didn't work out. You got an extremely talented guy that wanted to be here and you let him go for a scrub (in a rebuild). They could have seen if he developed in 1 year and if he didn't who cares. It was a free look.

I guess where we disagree is about Rodgers having to earn his way onto the team. Fair enough.

I guess where we disagree is about Rodgers having to earn his way onto the team. Fair enough.

I think where you disagree is that Rogers even if he was disinterested was likely as productive as hogan giving 120% (ie his talent and our lack of a better option earned his spot for 2013) and you could've signed hogan in November (like we did in 2012) if Rogers found a way to spectacularly flame out.

Edited by NoSaint

The funniest part is Rogers did have those 5 catches or whatever, there won't be a thread about it. There are some here who seem to take pleasure in the Bills possibly making a mistake.

Personally, I can't stand lazy, entitled players. I don't have a thing against Rogers and hoped he would grow up here. But if got cut & never sniffed a NFL roster, I won't start a thread about it.

True.

We'll never know if he would have succeeded in Buffalo or not had he made the 53 man roster.

I keep trying to remind myself that he could've flopped terribly for us even if he looks good elsewhere. Even without the results though the decision making process on this one irks me terribly. Oh well, just a game!

I keep trying to remind myself that he could've flopped terribly for us even if he looks good elsewhere. Even without the results though the decision making process on this one irks me terribly. Oh well, just a game!

To get even more hypothetical, what if Ike Hilliard hadn't been the Bills WR Coach?

:)