Marrone's Forrest Gump Analytics

patfitz

Everyone loves Forrest Gumps' wittiscisms except that they don't necessarily translate to sound NFL coaching philosophy. Listening to Marrone's post game conference when questioned about the decision to punt early in the 4th quarter, already down by two scores on 4th and 5 around the Pitt 40 yard line I thought I heard him say, "momma says field position is like a box of chocolates if you don't punt you will never know..." , well you get the picture. Maybe the Bills' new Director of Analytics turns out to be Lieutenant Dan at least we can all hope. In the meantime we can expect more of gems like, "I'm not a smart man... but I know what football is about..."

Edited by patfitz

Check out his press conference from yesterday. He says, "we need more, what's the word I'm looking for?" and a reporter says "urgency" and Marrone says, "no that's not the word I'm looking for, ummmm just give me a second and I'll come up with the word (thinking, thinking, thinking and about 6 awkward seconds pass by and he says) oh I got it, URGENCY".

Right there I was like this guy's a Marrone. Total Marrone...

Can we just make this thread "Lines from Forest Gump as it Relates to the Bills"?? Here goes..................."Bye Bye Jennayy...I won't see you again. They're sending me to Buffalooooo" "Whatever you do, if there is danger and fighting....just run, ok. Promise me you'll run??"

Can we just make this thread "Lines from Forest Gump as it Relates to the Bills"?? Here goes..................."Bye Bye Jennayy...I won't see you again. They're sending me to Buffalooooo" "Whatever you do, if there is danger and fighting....just run, ok. Promise me you'll run??"

"Run Fred! Run!!"

CBF

Check out his press conference from yesterday. He says, "we need more, what's the word I'm looking for?" and a reporter says "urgency" and Marrone says, "no that's not the word I'm looking for, ummmm just give me a second and I'll come up with the word (thinking, thinking, thinking and about 6 awkward seconds pass by and he says) oh I got it, URGENCY".

Right there I was like this guy's a Marrone. Total Marrone...

I was thinking of this exact thing when I read the title. I actually like Marrone, but like his very first challenge, not one of his brightest moments. When I watched this, it actually made me laugh, and forget about our piss poor revolving door of QB's for a few seconds.

Nate Hackett: "There's the slant shotgun, the hitch shotgun, the screen shotgun, fade shotgun, sack shotgun, fake shotgun, curl shotgun....yeah, that's about it"

LOL

It's brilliant that the week of signing the new analytics guy, Marrone makes the decisions he did

I hate this team

Who is that in your avatar?

It's brilliant that the week of signing the new analytics guy, Marrone makes the decisions he did

I hate this team

Maybe the Analytics all pointed to an epic failure Sunday so they played field position to 'keep it respectable'....

Analytics guy: "Uh Doug... There is a 0.0% chance of winning the game and 0% of converting the 4th and 5, since there is a 14% chance it will be a sack, a 37% chance it will be a 2-3 yard checkdown and a 16.5% chance EJ will throw a pick six, a 11.5% chance EJ will throw a pick six and a sustain a knee injury while making the tackle... A 20% graham will get open, get hit in the hands with the pass and drop it and a 1% chance chandler gets a holding call. If we go anyway there is a 96% chance fans will be clamoring for thier Thaddy." E.O.R.