Same Old Bills

Play up to better teams.

Play down to average to bad teams.

Losing many close games.

Poor performance from the head coach - time management, reviews, 4th down strategy (punt/go for it)

Poor offensive playcalling

Poor QB play

Last in the division

Out of the playoffs by early Nov.

*Fools gold*

Was Dick Jauron on the sideline today? OMG that was dreadful.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

Pretty much.

I said last offseason that there needed to be a real sense of urgency to turn this team around and it just didn't happen.

I guess it is on Whaley now.

You can't let your first year head coach come into a 13 year losing streak and start off with one arm tied behind his back.

No veteran QB on the roster, courtesy of 3 bad decisions. Cutting Fitz, cutting TJack and signing Kolb.

Not addressing OG. Not adding veteran secondary help when it was cheap and plentiful.

These things cost the Bills early season games.

Apparently, last week was the tipping point for this team because they reverted to playing like they didn't think they could win.

Play up to better teams.

Losing many close games.

Poor performance from the head coach - time management, reviews, 4th down strategy (punt/go for it)

Poor QB play

Last in the division

*Fools gold*

This was the first heme this season that made me think same ol bills. D sucked, O sucked, STs sucked, QB play sucked, WRs sucked, line sucked, rb's sucked, coaching sucked, play calling sucked... I was a complete team effort.

I realize you can't fix everything about a team when you turn over 45 percent of your roster in the first year.

We still need a starting quarterback we still need a left Guard, we need another and linebacker to replace Branham, he sucks.

im so sick of hearing about changing the culture I'm sick of hearing about wait till next year in the draft. Im 47 years old and Ive been a bills fan since before OJ was a murderer.

I realize you can't fix everything about a team when you turn over 45 percent of your roster in the first year.

We still need a starting quarterback we still need a left Guard, we need another and linebacker to replace Branham, he sucks.

im so sick of hearing about changing the culture I'm sick of hearing about wait till next year in the draft. Im 47 years old and Ive been a bills fan since before OJ was a murderer.

Teams turn over a lot of their roster every year. The Bills have largely the same starting players they had last year. One different OL, same TE, Stevie is still the top WR, CJ/Fred/Choice are still the backs, the Mario, Dareus, Kyle, Carrington, Gilmore, Leodis, Byrd, AWilliams, Searcy, Moats and Bradham are all back and were regular contributors last year. The Bills were by no means aggressive in re-making their roster. Far to passive.

This was the first heme this season that made me think same ol bills. D sucked, O sucked, STs sucked, QB play sucked, WRs sucked, line sucked, rb's sucked, coaching sucked, play calling sucked... I was a complete team effort.

The defense was still pretty good today - enough win if we had a competent offense. However the Steelers imposed their will on them in the trenches when they had to.

Edited by BuffaloBillsForever

The defense was still pretty good today - enough win if we had a competent offense. However the Steelers imposed their will on them in the trenches when they had to.

D couldn't stop the run to save their lives. This was a sad game to watch. Very boring too.

D couldn't stop the run to save their lives. This was a sad game to watch. Very boring too.

Yes they got pushed around in the run game, but the overall performance was still pretty good. The defense even gift wrapped a few drives for the offense but unfortunately this offense just plain sucks

Yes. It was even worse than watching the Trent Edwards and Jauron era.

Maybe Tuel and Lewis will dress for the Jets game, at the very least, those boys can rack up the yards through the air. Give our running game some breathing room.

I agree. And Lewis should have been playing in the second half. If EJ was "still adjusting" to the game or whatever BS Marrone said after the game, then Lewis should have gone in the second half. The goal is to win the game, not train someone.

not giving up on ej but certainly not sold on him. the anaylitics aren't that complicated. we don't need a program to figure out that we need a top qb.. if manuel is a miss then we're no closer to being a top team. it's not looking good. watching brees, we know what good is. ej looks nothing like brees.

not giving up on ej but certainly not sold on him. the anaylitics aren't that complicated. we don't need a program to figure out that we need a top qb.. if manuel is a miss then we're no closer to being a top team. it's not looking good. watching brees, we know what good is. ej looks nothing like brees.

You know who else looked nothing like Brees six games into his pro career?

GO BILLS!!!

Please tell me this is a typo. How on earth was that a bad decision? seriously, with logic, please explain that to me so I can understand how cutting a never has been QB was a bad move.

It was a bad decision because the Bills went out and signed the most injury-prone journeyman QB available, Kolb. They thought he was a better backup option than T Jack, and they were wrong. How predictable was it that Kolb got injured? He even injured himself in camp by slipping on a mat. Once Kolb was injured, the team was scrambling to find a suitable backup. T Jack threw for over 3,000 yards in 12 starts with Seattle in 2011, was better suited for the Bills offense, has been much more durable than Kolb and would have been a more experienced mentor for EJ. The Bills created their own problem here.

Play up to better teams.

Losing many close games.

Poor QB play

Last in the division

*Fools gold*

This was the first game this year I mailed it in on and turned it off early. You're right - same sick feeling from years past...

Next week is their last chance to dispell this perspective. Go kick the tar outta the jets at home. Not win some ugly fluky game I mean come out inspired and win every match up to a man.

Have kiko cement his Probowl rookie year, have EJ take pride in demonstrating why he was the first QB off of the board, Gilmore return to form and take a guy out of the game plan. Play it like it is their own personal Super Bowl.

The same ol bills wouldn't do that. They'd come out skittish, weak and afraid, playing somewhat competitively for about a quarter before allowing one bad break to crush their phyche and then proceed to fold the tents and have their arses handed to them.

Based on yesterday no one has any reason to give them a chance.

Next week is their last shot this season to make the case they are not the same old bills.

Please tell me this is a typo. How on earth was that a bad decision? seriously, with logic, please explain that to me so I can understand how cutting a never has been QB was a bad move.

It took a horrible performance by Tuel to cost the Bills the game in Cleveland. Contrary to what people want to believe, Thad played mostly bad football as well. TJack is a quality backup on the cheap, that is why he is a backup to one of the league's best QB's for one of it's best run organizations. Kevin Kolb is an utter POS. Handed starting opportunities time and again, the man never even threw 10 TD passes in a single season. The absolute laughingstock QB of the entire NFL and the Bills brought him here. Poor backup QB play has cost the Bills at least 2 and possibly 3 wins. It is no mistake that the team has imploded since Manuel got hurt in that Cleveland game. Facts are facts, check the record since that point.