I absolutely LOVE Doug Marrone

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would not change a thing, and looking at the schedule, I have a feeling this team is going to be winning in double digits for at least 4.

What are you talking about? Winning in double digits? Are you kidding me? how about just winning. Their schedule is not as easy as it looks. Just look how they are playing. There is no way they can beat the Jets next week! NO WAY! They have not proven they can win winnable games, let alone the tough games on a consistent basis. They may go on a streak after the bye week, but it wont matter by then. The Jags and Buc's are the "gimme" games, but by no means a definite win. Falcons are aas bad as us so that game could go either way. Then you have the Dolphins who by the time we play them may be fighting for a playoff berth and finish with the Patsies who will be resting their starters. A game we should win, but we all know how the steelers game turned out when they rested their starters! FWIW JMO

BigPappy

Edited by BigPappy

I saw a punt from the 36 yd line in the 4th quarter down by 14. Ouch Doug, ouch.

That must have been incredibly demoralizing for the Bills. You're a rookie coach with a 3-5 team -- isn't the idea that you can still give your team a shot by showing some balls and enthusiasm?

If the Bills wiffed on both the QB and coach, it's going to be a long 3 years.

That must have been incredibly demoralizing for the Bills. You're a rookie coach with a 3-5 team -- isn't the idea that you can still give your team a shot by showing some balls and enthusiasm?

If the Bills wiffed on both the QB and coach, it's going to be a long 3 years.

Marrone has been awful at in-game management all year.

The running game was poor because the Steelers were able to stack the box and force the Bills to throw. Manuel was incredibly inaccurate, and that's why we lost the game. It doesn't "all come down to being able to run the ball effectively"; competent Q.B. play is more important, and opens up the run game.

Yeah, that same thing must be happening to Eli Manning, Matt Ryan, Big Ben (only not in this game) this year, The running game can open up the passing game too, its why the 90's Bills were so good.

Re-watch the game and notice the Bills couldn't move the LoS on offense. As pathetic as that Steeler O line has been all year they out played the Bills O line in the run game. Notice how that Steelers line moved the better Bills entire front line off the ball.

Not only that, I have problems with the play calling against that 3-4 blitzing style of defense that the Bills OC has been able to figure out how to beat. Jets, Saints, Steelers.

Me too

Anyone who still thinks this Doug is motivating the team to try hard, etc... whatever. How can you play hard when the coach doesn't believe in you and gives up like that

Marrone is supposed to be an overseer of the all three phases? Have we seen him huddled with the individual groups on the sideline? You see it all the time with Billicheat and his defense.

I saw a punt from the 36 yd line in the 4th quarter down by 14. Ouch Doug, ouch.

He was asked about that in the presser linked above. He basically said he didn't believe the offense could get the 1st and thought the defense had a better chance to get the ball back quick.

The way the offense was playing I can't say I disagree with his assessment of them, but down by 14 you would think the Bills were in 4 down territory. I was half expecting a fake punt so I was watching the Stillers D and they were ready for that.leaving 3 I think LBs ready to make a play.

Out played and out coached. So now onto Sexy Rexy and the Jets, who are now very much in the running for a wildcard spot.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Not only do I love how he has kept this team in every single game this year, I love EVERYTHING he says off the field. He really gets the whole Buffalo vibe and not only does he take losses personally, he genuinely wants to get this team to the next level for the fans and the city. This is the first time in a looong time where I have full confidence in a coach restoring glory to the Bills. He seems like he is on a mission and won't let anything stand in his way to accomplish it. You don't play solid football, we'll find someone to replace you. THIS is something I have not seen in these parts in forever.....

whatever. Nice rousing prose. Belushi in Animal House would have been proud

yikes.

Edited by 8and8Forever

I'm starting to wonder about him. In the final analysis my judgment of him will be a minimum of six wins this year. Less than that he should be out of here. More than that he will deserve a chance to take us to the playoffs next year. The Bills have lacked accountability the last fourteen years, keeping coaches well after they have proven they can't do the job. I'll put up with Marrone through the year with the yardstick being the only one that counts....winning. Six or out Doug.

Here is an idea: get a HC who has coached before, and a OC who isn't learning on the job with a learning on the job QB. That punt was totally unacceptable.

Then people complain that they are retreads .

The real problem is that EJ should have been kept out until the bye and given all the reps in practice after the Jets game. Also, when it was shown that EJ could not move the ball Thad should have been put in. EJ did not give us the best chance to win yesterday. Then again, neither did the Head Coach.