Terry Mcauliffe Wins Virginia

Tiberius

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>

dandruff, clearly. but beligerent dandruff not amenable to conventional treatment. they don't have traction. this was a unique set of circumstances that still led to a dem victory in a purple state with a sitting repub gov. the problem is they now perceive more traction. eradication will now be more difficult.

Yes, unique. The nearly 53% that didn't vote for TM won't be happy he's Governor. He'll get 1 term.

I'm confused. How does a group that has no traction manage to single-handedly shut down the federal government?

it wasn't single handedly. many others were complicit. nevertheless, lone wolf crazies and small groups of radicals have frequently disrupted order and caused trouble. disruption often doesn't require real power. plenty of recent examples of that. doesn't mean they achieved real and sustained standing in the world or country and they certainly didn't achieve change on the issue. . has it happened before (that a small radical group grabs power)? yes. will it happen with this group. doubtful and I sure hope not.

Let me remedy that for you, you damn dirty carpet baggin Yankee.

and i was beginning to think there was hope for you becoming a renaissance man.

it wasn't single handedly. many others were complicit. nevertheless, lone wolf crazies and small groups of radicals have frequently disrupted order and caused trouble. disruption often doesn't require real power. plenty of recent examples of that. doesn't mean they achieved real and sustained standing in the world or country and they certainly didn't achieve change on the issue. . has it happened before (that a small radical group grabs power)? yes. will it happen with this group. doubtful and I sure hope not.

and i was beginning to think there was hope for you becoming a renaissance man.

What is radical regarding what the Tea Party stands for?

<p>

dandruff, clearly. but beligerent dandruff not amenable to conventional treatment. they don't have traction. this was a unique set of circumstances that still led to a dem victory in a purple state with a sitting repub gov. the problem is they now perceive more traction. eradication will now be more difficult.

Seems to me that there may be a few Obama voters among the millions of people who've just had their healthcare dropped due to this law. Millions more who've had their rates doubled. Think these people won't be looking to punish the party that lied to them? Especially the independents whose numbers keep growing.

I see Obamacare as "The Titanic" for the democrat party. The republicans would do well to completely do away with the "tea party" vs "establishment" labels. Go back to the "conservative" and "moderate" labels. It's boring and the media would hate it. If you're breathing and you're a republican you should do very well in the coming elections.

One Tea Party's Platform:

Ten Core Beliefs of the Modern-Day Tea Party Movement

“Be sure you put your feet in the right place, then stand firm.”

Abraham Lincoln

Preamble: The Tea Party Movement is an all-inclusive American grassroots movement with the belief that everyone is created equal and deserves an equal opportunity to thrive in these United States where they may “pursue life, liberty and happiness” as stated in theDeclaration of Independence and guaranteed by the Constitution of the United States.

No one is excluded from participation in the Tea Party Movement. Everyone is welcomed to join in seeking to achieve the Tea Party Movement goals, which are as follows:

1. Eliminate Excessive Taxes - Excessively high taxes are a burden for those exercising their personal liberty to work hard and prosper as afforded by the Constitution. A fiscally responsible government protects the freedom of its citizens to enjoy the fruits of their own labor without interference from a government that has exceeded its necessary size, scope and reach into the lives of its citizens.

“Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery.” --Calvin Coolidge

“A wise and frugal government, which shall leave men free to regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned - this is the sum of good government.” --Thomas Jefferson

“Any tax is a discouragement and therefore a regulation.” --Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.

Also see: What is the Tea Party; Tea Party Ideas; Tea Partiers; Voice of the Tea Party

2. Eliminate the National Debt - By implementing fiscally conservative policies at all levels of government, progress can be made toward eliminating the U.S. National Debt. Massive increases in the National Debt have created and continue to create a huge burden for the next generation of Americans, thus imperiling the country’s short-term and long-term economic health and prosperity.

“You cannot escape the responsibility of tomorrow by evading it today.” --Abraham Lincoln

“If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace.” --Thomas Paine, 1776

“As on the one hand, the necessity for borrowing in particular emergencies cannot be doubted, so on the other, it is equally evident that to be able to borrow upon good terms, it is essential that the credit of a nation should be well established.” --Alexander Hamilton, 1790

Tea Party Platform continued:

3. Eliminate Deficit Spending - All deficit spending must be eliminated immediately. We insist that government representatives at all levels maintain a fiscally responsible budget and balance the books as would be expected of any American business.

“Arbitrary power is most easily established on the ruins of liberty abused to licentiousness.” --George Washington

“A penny saved is a penny earned.” --Benjamin Franklin

“Tomorrow, every Fault is to be amended; but that Tomorrow never comes.” --Benjamin Franklin

Tea Party Platform - Home of the Tea Party Movement Platform continued:

4. Protect Free Markets - America’s free enterprise system allows businesses to thrive as they compete in the open marketplace and strive toward ever better services and products. Allowing free markets to prosper unfettered by government interference is what propelled this country to greatness with an enduring belief in the industriousness and innovations of the populace.

“That some achieve great success, is proof to all that others can achieve it as well.” --Abraham Lincoln

“You cannot build character and courage by taking away a man’s initiative and independence.” --Abraham Lincoln

“The government’s view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.” --Ronald Reagan

Tea Party Platform continued:

5. Abide by the Constitution of the United States - The U.S. Constitution is the supreme law of the land and must be adhered to without exception at all levels of government. This includes the Bill of Rights and other Amendments to the U.S. Constitution and their provisions designed to protect states’ rights and individual liberties.

“A general Dissolution of Principles & Manners will more surely overthrow the Liberties of America than the whole Force of the Common Enemy.” --Samuel Adams, 1779

“The Constitution is the guide which I will never abandon.” --George Washington

“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.” --Abraham Lincoln

Read more at:

Edited by 3rdnlng

Fair or not, the tea bagger brand is tarnished. The left has successfully drawn an association in the minds of the masses between Tea baggers and the most uptight, stuffy, socially conservative segments of the Republican party. If I were advising a R candidate I'd tell him to keep the stated tea bagger agenda, but drop the moniker.

Fair or not, the tea bagger brand is tarnished. The left has successfully drawn an association in the minds of the masses between Tea baggers and the most uptight, stuffy, socially conservative segments of the Republican party. If I were advising a R candidate I'd tell him to keep the stated tea bagger agenda, but drop the moniker.

The left is very good at calling people names and getting it to stick. The Tea Party platforms I've seen usually explicitly denounce any social agenda. Even you got sucked in to calling Tea Party members tea baggers. I agree though, I would advise any candidate to not claim he likes balls in his face.

Damaged candidate beats Conservative

Completely omitting the fact that the conservative in this case - Cuccinelli - was a nut that practically went out of his way to alienate anyone not a far-right voter, was outspent by a 2-1 margin, and STILL managed to lose by only 3 pts.