Terry Mcauliffe Wins Virginia

Tiberius

The food tax I support is a tax on drive throughs which waste gas and cause pollution. 2% if you can't get out of your car and stand in line!

no

But more poor people eat fast food and use drive throughs than rich folks, so your tax would hurt them more. The meals tax in Henrico will absolutely hurt lower income people more than the "rich". Doesn't sound very progressive to me...

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But more poor people eat fast food and use drive throughs than rich folks, so your tax would hurt them more. The meals tax in Henrico will absolutely hurt lower income people more than the "rich". Doesn't sound very progressive to me...

Oh, you know progressives. Their ideals are great until someone actually explains it to them in crayon.

Good, then the poor people can turn off their cars and go inside to order

Looks like women carried the Democrats to victory! And it looks like we have two sore losers! Lol

It's a state filled with government workers no? What else would you expect? They love the status quo. The only sector that hasn't taken a hit in the last 6 years

• While it’s often claimed that Tea Party candidates do poorly among independents, Cuccinelli actually won independents by 9 points, 47 percent to 38 percent.

• “McAuliffe outraised Cuccinelli by almost $15 million,” and in the last weeks of the campaign, this left Cuccinelli with nearly no media exposure.

• Even Politico wonders if Cuccinelli was beginning to turn the tide against the “War on Women” narrative, as he drove down McAuliffe’s lead among women from 24% in polling to 9%.

It's a state filled with government workers no? What else would you expect? They love the status quo. The only sector that hasn't taken a hit in the last 6 years

They haven't?? Sequester...government cuts...state workers, local workers and the shut down.

what about the handicapped? What if you have three infants? Elderly and can't walk?

You'd think a progressive braintrust like gatorman would see both sides of the sword: yes, tax people who use the drive-thru because of pollution, but also tax the restaurants more which HAVE a drive-thru. Think about what a windfall that would be! Plus, you're using the tax to modify behavior so people get more exercise by walking for their Big Mac. Then take that money and give it to poor people to supplement their eating habits so they can walk to get more bad food, but not spend their own money on it.

It's a progressive win-win, baby!

• While it’s often claimed that Tea Party candidates do poorly among independents, Cuccinelli actually won independents by 9 points, 47 percent to 38 percent.

• “McAuliffe outraised Cuccinelli by almost $15 million,” and in the last weeks of the campaign, this left Cuccinelli with nearly no media exposure.

• Even Politicowonders if Cuccinelli was beginning to turn the tide against the “War on Women” narrative, as he drove down McAuliffe’s lead among women from 24% in polling to 9%.

this was about obamacare. people are becoming more skeptical every day and it's justified. the roll out has been a disaster both practically and symbolicly. that said, what might have happened if that near extinct dinosaur, a moderate republican had run. i think he/ she would have won and i'd be ok with that. actually, i'd be happier with that than what actually happened. now the tea party falsely believes they have some traction. this was two undesirable candidates and an IT and PR mess. nothing more, nothing less.

But that's not fair...

Is any tax completely fair?

You'd think a progressive braintrust like gatorman would see both sides of the sword: yes, tax people who use the drive-thru because of pollution. Think about what a windfall that would be! Plus, you're using the tax to modify behavior so people get more exercise by walking for their Big Mac. Then take that money and create jobs so people are active and feel empowered to live better healthier lives. Not to mention the savings in petrol that could be achieved which could lower overall gas prices and act as a tax cut for everyone

It's a progressive win-win, baby!

Fixed that

this was about obamacare. people are becoming more skeptical every day and it's justified. the roll out has been a disaster both practically and symbolicly. that said, what might have happened if that near extinct dinosaur, a moderate republican had run. i think he/ she would have won and i'd be ok with that. actually, i'd be happier with that than what actually happened. now the tea party falsely believes they have some traction. this was two undesirable candidates and an IT and PR mess. nothing more, nothing less.

Nothing is funnier than a progressive trying to explain how the only reason the liberal agenda is an embarrassing mess is because of the dreaded Tea Party extremists are blocking it...only to then turn around and talk about how the Tea Party doesn't have any traction.

Doesn't this get just a little embarrassing for you? Not even a little?

Nothing is funnier than a progressive trying to explain how the only reason the liberal agenda is an embarrassing mess is because of the dreaded Tea Party extremists are blocking it...only to then turn around and talk about how the Tea Party doesn't have any traction.

Doesn't this get just a little embarrassing for you? Not even a little?

um, a dem won the gov race in my state. i'm not embarrased...but it could have gone better.

Fixed that

So you want to tax people at the drive-through window in an effort to reduce the price of gas? And then you want to call this a tax cut?

You're a bigger dumbass than even birddog probably thought.

um, a dem won the gov race in my state. i'm not embarrased...but it could have gone better.

It's not the race you should be embarrassed about. It's your thought process. Which one is it? Is the Tea Party a viable group able to disrupt the agenda of a majority party? Or is it just a dandruff flake on the shoulder of a universally loved march toward a progressive world?

You seem to believe they're both based on whether you're getting your ass kicked or not.

not all women

So how did Virginia's 25-point gender gap turn into a nine-point one? According to MSNBC, within the women's vote was another gap, this one racial and social. White women voted 54-38 in favor of Cuccinelli, and with married women he was up by 11 points. What pushed McAuliffe to victory was the fact that women of color and unmarried women turned out in numbers unheard-of for an off-year election, and at the same rate as they did for the presidential race in 2012.

Looks like women carried the Democrats to victory! And it looks like we have two sore losers! Lol

<p>

So you want to tax people at the drive-through window in an effort to reduce the price of gas? And then you want to call this a tax cut?

You're a bigger dumbass than even birddog probably thought.

It's not the race you should be embarrassed about. It's your thought process. Which one is it? Is the Tea Party a viable group able to disrupt the agenda of a majority party? Or is it just a dandruff flake on the shoulder of a universally loved march toward a progressive world?

You seem to believe they're both based on whether you're getting your ass kicked or not.

dandruff, clearly. but beligerent dandruff not amenable to conventional treatment. they don't have traction. this was a unique set of circumstances that still led to a dem victory in a purple state with a sitting repub gov. the problem is they now perceive more traction. eradication will now be more difficult.