Home vs visiting side? Can they be switched at The Ralph?

plenzmd1

This caught my eye in another thread, but wanted to get some opinions On here. Poster CanadianBillsFan posted in another thread he sat on the home side in huge shade most of the day, and was cold. Couple of the folks at our tailgate had the same comment, they were cold throughout the game.

I was on the visiting side, and was down to a long sleeve UA shirt and light fleece , no hat , no gloves, and was quite toasty.

For the last couple of home games, can the bills switch sides? Maybe not a big deal, but I gotta think keeping the dolphins and jets in the shade, especially the dolphins! would be a good thing.

Anyone know why the bills are on that side of the field and if they can change?

I know might piss off the folks right behind the benches that want to see the players...but hey if it gives the bills an advantage they need to take I it!

This caught my eye in another thread, but wanted to get some opinions On here. Poster CanadianBillsFan posted in another thread he sat on the home side in huge shade most of the day, and was cold. Couple of the folks at our tailgate had the same comment, they were cold throughout the game.

I was on the visiting side, and was down to a long sleeve UA shirt and light fleece , no hat , no gloves, and was quite toasty.

For the last couple of home games, can the bills switch sides? Maybe not a big deal, but I gotta think keeping the dolphins and jets in the shade, especially the dolphins! would be a good thing.

Anyone know why the bills are on that side of the field and if they can change?

I know might piss off the folks right behind the benches that want to see the players...but hey if it gives the bills an advantage they need to take I it!

There is a good 10 degree difference this time of year between the home & away side of the feel, especially on a day like Sunday where it was in the 30s but it was partly sunny. I have always sat on the visitors side, in fact I have probably been to over 100 Bills games @ the Ralph & I think I have only sat on the home side 3 times & 2 of them were playoff games(Oilers comeback game & 1994 AFC Championship game against the Chiefs).

There is a good 10 degree difference this time of year between the home & away side of the feel, especially on a day like Sunday where it was in the 30s but it was partly sunny. I have always sat on the visitors side, in fact I have probably been to over 100 Bills games @ the Ralph & I think I have only sat on the home side 3 times & 2 of them were playoff games(Oilers comeback game & 1994 AFC Championship game against the Chiefs).

so why do the Bills sit on the shade side?

They don't want to be in the sun when it's hot, and don't want the sun on their eyes as it.gets lower on horizon. I've sat on visitor side and it's too hot and sun's in eyes. This year I sat on home side and was more comfortable and didn't have to wear sunglasses.

I was at a game once where I sat on the visitors side and people were in shorts drinking beer. The home side had people in jackets drinking hot chocolate. I ALWAYS sit on the vistors side. I usually can't see the players anyway so it makes little difference to me.

They don't want to be in the sun when it's hot, and don't want the sun on their eyes as it.gets lower on horizon. I've sat on visitor side and it's too hot and sun's in eyes. This year I sat on home side and was more comfortable and didn't have to wear sunglasses.

I have always assumed the above to be the case. I sit on the visitors side......sunnyside as we call it......because I would rather enjoy some sunshine and be warmer but the players and coaches are likely more comfortable out of the sun.

I sat on the Bills side and I thought about sneaking over to the chiefs side during halftime because I was freezing. How can this NOT be a disadvantage in Nov/Dec games? I remember we had this same situation in H.S., which explains why we lost a lot of home games.

so why do the Bills sit on the shade side?

I've always heard it was so the Bills players wouldn't have to look into the sun.

Howard Simon of WGR apparently reads this forum as he just asked Russ Brandon about switching sides. Pretty sure in the lead up of the question he mentioned it came from a forum.

What was Brandon's response?

What was Brandon's response?

He just kinda laughed, said he's heard that mentioned many years ago. He said there isn't reason they couldn't, but then you would mess with ticket holders who want to sit behind the team. If you flip seats then you mess with the fans who want to sit in the sun. Said he would talk to Doug.

The sun only shines for 2-3 games a year,

So once it gets cold and overcast, there's no real advantage on the visitor side. Could there be a difference in which side is more affected by wind?

Anyone know if the pregame access for fans to get on the field is part of the package for the seats behind the Bills bench, or is that available regardless where you sit?