What QB starts next week?

bowery4

I rather see what Matt Flynn has offer at this point. To be honest, I feel better with Tuel or Lewis under center than Manuel. he's very timid, and seems very scared to throw one deep, and he's very careless in the pocket with the football, Lewis has the tendency of being careless as well, but is not afraid to let it fly from time to time. I'm hoping I'm dead wrong but if the injury prone Manuel is no question the future, than I see many more years of what if. As I said I'm hoping I'm wrong.

This week the Buffalo Bills will be game planning against Pittsburgh Steeler QB Ben Roethlisberger.

The Bills have nine weeks of film of Roethlisberger to review.

Who are the Pittsburgh Steelers going to game plan against in the Buffalo Bills? The Steelers don't even know which QB they are going to face Sunday. And if the Bills announce who will be the QB against the Steelers will there be a change by the end of the week?

Because the Bills are so completely screwed at the QB position it's the only reason why we appear to be in games.

Opposing defensive coordinators have nothing to game plan against.

But in the end, the Bills invariably LOSE the game!

Edited by PearlHowardman

I rather see what Matt Flynn has offer at this point. To be honest, I feel better with Tuel or Lewis under center than Manuel. he's very timid, and seems very scared to throw one deep, and he's very careless in the pocket with the football, Lewis has the tendency of being careless as well, but is not afraid to let it fly from time to time. I'm hoping I'm dead wrong but if the injury prone Manuel is no question the future, than I see many more years of what if. As I said I'm hoping I'm wrong.

I hope this is a joke.

The playoffs are a pipe dream, put to death at the goal line twice, Cincinnati and yesterday against the Chiefs. The only thing that will bring any meaning to this injury plagued, mistake filled joke of a season is to get EJ some playing time for next years season. He practiced last week, was on the sidelines, now play him. No more Tuel or Lewis.

I'm guessing it'll be Thad but I'd rather see Tuel. Tuel had a sense for the rush and got the ball out of his hands quickly. Sensing the rush is something that really can't be taught. Sure he was erratic on some of his throws but so is Lewis and Thad is a nightmare in the pocket and tries to do too much and it ends up costing the Bills in both turnovers and negative plays. One of the reasons the offense was more successful yesterday was that they were able to get out of 3rd and long situations by avoiding sacks and holding penalties (which are caused, many times, by the QB holding the ball too long.)

Don't let Tuel throw 39 times and you'll see a more effective offense that doesn't turn the ball over too often.

Edited by MDH

I'm guessing it'll be Thad but I'd rather see Tuel. Tuel had a sense for the rush and got the ball out of his hands quickly. Sensing the rush is something that really can't be taught. Sure he was erratic on some of his throws but so is Lewis and Thad is a nightmare in the pocket and tries to do too much and it ends up costing the Bills in both turnovers and negative plays. One of the reasons the offense was more successful yesterday was that they were able to get out of 3rd and long situations by avoiding sacks and holding penalties (which are caused, many times, by the QB holding the ball too long.)

Don't let Tuel throw 39 times and you'll see a more effective offense that doesn't turn the ball over too often.

Agree completely. Whatever his faults, tuel seemed to handle pressure and go through his reads better than Thad. I think we were at about 33 percent on 3rd down conversions yesterday and would have been at around 50 but for drops.

If you combined Thad and Tuel. ...odd we use the first name of one and last of the other ... we would have a good QB.

Thinking on it some more I believe Thad's pocket presense is more correct able thru playing time and coaching. This is hard to coach but more effective over time then what is necessary to coach Tuel. Tuel is the better QB but That plays a much better game. He is clearly better at taking in the entire down field and reading what he sees but is incapable of adequate placement and reads to make the better choices. And while Thad Lewis is the better option we need to see more of Tuel to gauge his development over time because I believe he will be on this roster at least 2 more seasons.

We also have Flynn in the fold and his presense should not be forgotten. He provides veteran play to a team already secure with leadership. A QB who is likely a little in the dumps mentally but has some assets which make him useful to this team.

At this point I do not anticipate us seeing Flynn unless EJ returns ans gets injured again. Eaj is going to return and have a few more growing pains. I hope he gets two weeks of practice before starting. Especially if we lose the Steeper game

Why are folks thinking it's out of the question for EJ to be back next week? As of today he is 5 1/2 weeks post injury -- an injury with a 4-6 week timeline for return. He has been rehabbing and began throwing last week. Even Dierdorf mentioned during the broadcast yesterday he wouldn't be surprised to see EJ in the lineup at Pittsburgh. No, he doesn't have "inside information" but he was talking with players and coaches as a part of his preparation to do the game.

I think the time has come for Manuel to get back in there and take his lumps. He's doing the team ZERO good on the sideline.

I'm still trying to figure out why Peyton Manning didn't play the entire 2011 season. He did the team zero good on the sideline.

Why are folks thinking it's out of the question for EJ to be back next week? As of today he is 5 1/2 weeks post injury -- an injury with a 4-6 week timeline for return. He has been rehabbing and began throwing last week. Even Dierdorf mentioned during the broadcast yesterday he wouldn't be surprised to see EJ in the lineup at Pittsburgh. No, he doesn't have "inside information" but he was talking with players and coaches as a part of his preparation to do the game.

I heard Dierdorf say the same thing. You're right he was probably talking to players and coaches.

I'm still trying to figure out why Peyton Manning didn't play the entire 2011 season. He did the team zero good on the sideline.

Actually he did his team 100% good on the sideline. Allowed them to get Luck.

So much for that, we've already won too many games to get manziel.