Jonathan Martin AWOL, Incognito suspended

uncle flap

• Replies 763
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, don't

Motivation won't help Martin's sloooow feet.

Have you ever had the **** scared out of you ?

My feet have found a life of their own when startled . And fast ? I could outrun the devil himself under the right circumstance.

Actually i did. But that was 30 years ago. Devil gave up on me .

: )

No, don't

Motivation won't help Martin's sloooow feet.

Slow feet are the least of Martin's problems and in fact lateral movement is considered a strength of his.

The problem is that Martin isn't big and strong enough.

While bench press isn't always an indicator of functional strength, Martin had 20 reps on the bench in a private workout compared to 31 for Cordy at the combine. Cordy's a much stronger man while Martin gets eaten up in the hand fighting. Tim Krumrie could destroy Martin with one pinkie finger.

Also Martin weighs in the 315 range. Even Cordy at 345 can be walked back (like every OT in the NFL) by a pass rusher such as 260 pound Junior Galette if he overplays the inside or outside rush and gets bullrushed instead. Point is it's very hard to anchor and survive in the NFL as a 315 pound tackle unless you excel in other areas.

Martin needs to get bigger and stronger if he's to become a good finesse tackle like D'Brick.

Looks like Jonathan Martin had been bullied by his own teammates and couldn't take it anymore:

[/size][/font][/color][/size]

More here: http://profootballta...-from-dolphins/

guy is seriously mentally weak, Allegedly Incognito was "Bullying" him, if so kick his ass and then you'll be best friends, every generation is getting softer and softer.

Seriously you are gona quit one of the most lucrative and sought after jobs in America because people are picking on you :doh:

edit: I can see I'm gona get grilled on this but I have my own mental issues (which i'm sure most of you think anyway) which got me Harassed every friggin day as youngster, but when I stood up for myself the treatment go a whole lot better. But as an adult it also caused problems with my bosses but I learned real quick that if I wanted to keep my job I better do what the boss says even if he is a moron or completely wrong.

Don't know what his problem is but walking away from the team is not the way to do it, If you need help keep working and get help at the same time.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

Storming out probably wasnt right but taking a leave may have been totally reasonable. I get the reason the "team before self" attitude is drilled but ultimately were talking about a game here. If he needed things that he couldn't get while playing for the dolphins (like not to be harassed daily, possibly) then take care of yourself.

Jeff Darlington@JeffDarlington2m

Richie Incognito was advised by Joe Philbin tonight he has been indefinitely suspended by team while NFL investigates, Incognito tells me.

Interesting. I heard incognito said today it had nothing to do with him. Must have a pretty specific and generally verifiable incident or two for action to be taken immediately. Hopefully not due to media attention and is a fair weighing of the facts causing it.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/01/report-incognito-under-scrutiny-for-harassing-martin/

Looks like there may have been a reason the Bills let Richie I. walk a few years back, as did the Rams. I've lived long enough to understand by now that some folks are just jerks--perhaps Incognito's one of them....

In the rams case - directly losing multiple games single handedly likely had more to do with it, but this might not have hurt if he was thought to be making those around him worse too.

Interesting. I heard incognito said today it had nothing to do with him. Must have a pretty specific and generally verifiable incident or two for action to be taken immediately. Hopefully not due to media attention and is a fair weighing of the facts causing it.

I'd heard the same. In fact, apparently Martin told Incognito as much the other day via text--- but then this:

@nfldraftscout: Garafolo: "Multiple sources told me Martin's camp informed Dolphins and NFLPA that Incognito sent threatening and racially charged texts"

@MikeGarafolo: From @FOXSportsLive - Jonathan Martin's camp alleges threatening/racially charged messages from Richie Incognito: http://t.co/tjgJ4U0FSE

Edited by Punch

I'd heard the same. In fact, apparently Martin told Incognito as much the other day via text--- but then this:

@nfldraftscout: Garafolo: "Multiple sources told me Martin's camp informed Dolphins and NFLPA that Incognito sent threatening and racially charged texts"

@MikeGarafolo: From @FOXSportsLive - Jonathan Martin's camp alleges threatening/racially charged messages from Richie Incognito: http://t.co/tjgJ4U0FSE

Wow! Ridiculous if accurate. I guess time will tell.