Re: Trade Deadline

JTO

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's like watching a special on the History Channel about the Kennedy assassination that promises "new evidence", only to in the end state that "Oswald probably acted alone". Just a waste of time

it's like being 13 years old and watching Silk Stalkings on USA, clinging to the hope that THIS time you'll see some boobies.

That's a terrible idea. A second round pick for a 31-year-old DE that will be a UFA? We took Alonso in the second round. I know there are no guarantees (i.e. Troupe, Hardy, etc), but clearly, a second round pick is too high. His value right now is probably no higher than a third round pick, IF the Vikings can get anyone to fork that ove.

I see your point, but he's probably got 5 more decent years in him and I am willing to take a chance that any DE we got in the 2nd round next year won't be nearly as good Allen to start out with the first few years and I doubt he'd be as good after five years anyway. For a chance to get someone of that caliber opposite MW and the kind of defensive flexibility that allows, I'd be just fine with it.

Moot point anyway.

GO BILLS!!!

Troublemaker. No thanks.

On Byrd: Tell teams to give you a third rounder or hold on to him and let him walk. They'll get a 3rd round compensatory pick if he walks in free agency and they don't sign any big names. No reason to take anything less.

This isn't a question. It's because he's been great and the team hasn't. The team needs more than just a receiver. Turn him into multiple assets and move on. I think he'll end up in Indy after this season. Something like a 2nd rounder and a young player.

As far as the compensatory pick goes---it should be a 4th.

What I have seen is a

1st who leaves---> 3rd comp pick

2nd who leaves---> 4th comp pick

Then the comp picks are a net gain or loss.

If buffalo was to sign a former 1st or 2nd round pick from another club as a UFA then they likely dont get compensated.

i would trade Byrd for a 2nd + 3rd or 4th.